Greek Yogurt?????

Options
2»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has more calories but they are healthy ones. Plus, I think it taste better.
    As to Sunkisses and md02...Sorry but I seemed to have taken it wrong also. I felt the comment sounded sarcastic. But then, I guess I misinterpreted also.
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    bump
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    I read it in a sarcastic tone as well...since it was an unneccessary comment.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Switched to Greek six months back. I can never go back to regular now. Love Greek yogurt.
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you are in Canada, the Super Store for P.C Plain Greek yogurt is the best and the best deal.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not all greek yogurt is created equal! Check the labels before you buy. I think the plain ones are probably all ok, but I know the Dannon and Activia (sp?) add ALOT of extra sugars to the flavored ones. The flavored fage and Stoneyfield organic do also, but I think those were all natural sugars though I can't recall exactly. I just remember my disgust looking at a individual cup of Activia and it had 29! grams of sugar.

I like to make different salad dressings with plain greek yogurt. I also use it as a substitute for sour cream. You can add it to various recipes, google cooking with greek yogurt. I told my coworker about it and he tried Making Penne Ala Vodka with it instead of cream and he said it was wonderful.
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you foodcraver. I live in Canada and I bought "Liberte" from our co-op. I am just getting in Yogourt so I bought the blueberry one. It has 0% fat and 15 g of protien but alas 22g of sugar, 150 calories per 3/4 cup. I will look in the SuperStore and check those out... and thank you everyone for the information on this.
  • DrkDancr
    DrkDancr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff! Not only is it better for you, but it is so versatile. I use it in place of sour cream in many recipes. I prefer the plain (to keep the sugar count down) mixed with a little flavored omega swirl or flavored protein powder and fresh berries.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The only kind I can ever seem to find where I live is Liberte. I have never found the other kinds.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Most definately. Much more protein just to start. However, you need to get the good stuff. Chobani, Fage, etc. with 20+ grams of protein per serving.
    I would suggest a web search on the comparison of the two types.

This is what I was going to post. LOVE Fage!
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    is it really good for you if you have cholesterol ? it does not look good on that part, i recently purchases President's choice Grec yougurt 0 % fat with strawberries in the bottom. it is still 140 calories, cholesterol 5 mg, sodium 45 mg carbs 23 g etc.i am confused, if i want to loose weight should i stay off anything that shows Cholesterol on it ? can ayone help i am going bezerk here...lol
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Fage are the best in my opinion, and way better for you than regular yogurt!
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I read it in a sarcastic tone as well...since it was an unneccessary comment.

yikes!!!!!! relax!!!!!