200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    super busy crazy day. have to work till 10 tonight to make up for coming in at noon. (will take time between 5-7 to go home and have dinner) I had an appointment with the housing people. It looks like it's possible to be able to save the house.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Rain - It looks like they are carrying a smaller selection of sizes than they were before. I bought a 40G there in February. I'm quite the opposite though - I fear losing much at all from my chest.

Kendal - I'm glad it looks like you'll be able to save the house! I used to have panic attacks pretty regularly, but haven't for years.

Definitely just had one, and I'm stuck at work with nothing to take for it. Weehaw. I always feel like it must just all be in my head, too, which really doesn't help.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Victoria - Way to go! You look amazing!

Kendal - Glad you might be able to save the house!

Everyone talking bras - I hate bra shopping. I'm a 16E (i know, different sizing is confusing...), and just about nothing comes in my size! I went to a store called Bras'n'Things and asked them about strapless bras in my size (for under my wedding dress) and they only had TWO styles that went up to my size. Luckily one of them fit perfectly. I've never been fitted for a strapless bra before and ohhhh lordy it makes such a difference. I could wear that thing all day every day. SO comfy!!

And thanks everyone for your excitement with the NSV... I'm pretty stoked!

Anyway. I was off sick yesterday. Blerch. And i start night shift today. So not stoked, but need the extra pay to make up for the sickie i had yesterday. Isaac and i were both off with different tummy things. It was a pretty miserable household, but at least we got a day together!

Anyway - after a week away with the man here alone, the laundry is full of dirty clothes, the fridge is full of beer, and i made isaac remedy the sink full of dirty dishes yesterday.

So, time to wash clothes and do some grocery.

I'm thinking i might go back to having meal replacement shakes a couple of times a day - they're so nice and easy, and i think my body could use another kickstart.

cheerio!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Sunday, I had a bizzaro incident that I thought I should share. I'm cleaning the kitchen, when I hear hear a thump and an increasing buzzing noise - it truly sounded like what I imagine an imploding bomb sounds like--- after I garner the nerve to investigate, I find the table top video game DH set on my treadmill bumping into the pinball head on the floor behind it.... Oopps - who left the safety button plugged in (me) and a kitten must have walked across the display.... I'm giving DH 1/2 the blame for putting something on and behind my workout areas .., I haven't used the treadmill in6 months so was totally shocked at the noise....
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I guess I have some motivation and a goal to work towards now......I was asked (highly suggested) by one of our owners today if I would like to emcee our work christmas party this year. I will be in front of 200+ people (including the ex) delivering good cheer. I am honored they would ask me to do that, but I in no way look like I want to. So I have about 8 weeks or so to get these pounds off!!!

Also- I was wondering how katie (megruder?? I think is her screen name) is doing? She has usually popped her head back in by now.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Megan - i sent katie a message a while ago and haven't heard anything from her. I hope she's doing ok and knows we're thinking of her!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! It's 11Pm here. I'm laying in bed and since it's been a whOle 10 minutes since i got in bed I am irritated I've not fallen asleep yet. Normally I fall asleep almost immediately. Work was crazy today and will be the rest of the week. I basically am stuck in the conference room all day learnin the new computer system. Ive not worked out since a week ago Monday either!! Hoping tomorrow I will get home and go at least for a walk. My eating is in hand though.

One thing id like us all to discuss... We had over 40 people at the beginning of this challenge and with the exception of about five lovely new women sticking with, they are gone. Normally this happens ea h challenge but it's getting to the extreme in regards tp how many people are signing up and then dropping. It's hard for Kristina to keep track and frankly it's so overwhelming trying to respond to everyone that I see some of us not popping in here as much and I don't like to see that.
    I'm not sure what I'm proposing here, jut saying that it's a bit crazay up in hurr for the first Half of each challenge and I for one have a hard time with people who don't stick tho I know it's part of the game. I'm curious to see what everyone elses thoughts are on this? This is definitely a democracy so everyone gets a vote.

Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow. I will pop on here when I can and catch up with individual posts. Just know that I'm here and reading what y'all are writing and supporting you's!!!

Oh oh! Did you guys see where the original Sarah from canada said she was pregnant on her homepage today??
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - I understand what you are saying. Maybe a new rule could be new people have to check in and weigh in for 3 weeks in a row before they are listed on the chart? That would prevent many fly by the night people. Kristina now has the 2 week no check-in and they are off the list rule... but that may be even harder to keep track of...

Kristina - what do you think. Are you overwhelmed and want to make the next challenge closed? What would make it easier for you?

Check-in for Tues... Ex good with 4 mile run plus Core Synergistics, well craptastic the Bugg has low battery so I cant get reading from yesterday right now. I actually logged but hangs head in shame at consuming 2809. I'll check back later with the amount burned... Have a nice hump day...
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Okay got a lot to catch up on… and a lot to catch you up on… man this is going to be a long post… here it goes :)

Kerry – Awesome job on your time! Keep on inspiring us girl! And um… wow. Those cookies sound like heaven.

Kendal – WOW I LOVE you as Bat Girl – so cute! Rawr!

Jessi – I’m so sorry to hear about Nerd’s dad; Prayers to him and his family. I stress eat a lot too, but try to stave the cravings by drinking a glass of water, then another glass of water, then another. By the time I finally break down, at least I’m partially full on water so I don’t overdo it. I’ve tried to keep junk food out of the house too, and I make my husband hide any that he buys. . If I’m still craving, I try to take a walk and get some fresh air. However, sometimes I still end up giving up and walking to the neighborhood grocery for a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. But at least then I’ve gotten a walk in. On a happier note, those pics of your brother are great! You have a great eye :)

Bobbie – That new trail sounds like a challenge but at least it won’t be boring! Yay for finding new ways to mix it up :)

Sheba – I seriously love Oktoberfest! Yay for the 180s woman! Wooohooo!

Hailie – hang in there chica!

WoWmama – Great job on 30DS!

Pam – Great loss and glad you got new shoes, I hope it helps your hip! Boxing sounds fun but I’m with you on the getting up super early part – it stinks! I already leave for work at 6am and even THAT is a struggle. Although Victoria makes a good point – if you’re paying for it that might make it easier to do ;) I hope they reschedule it for you now that you’ve made up your mind :D

Lacey – Yay great loss! Praying for your heel/instep to feel better quick! On the “new people” issue… please don’t kick me out ;) No but it seriously is a lot for Kristina to keep track of. (Thank you again Kristina – you’re awesome!) I think she spends so much time tracking us that she doesn’t get a chance to chat on here. You could turn this into a closed group, and cap it at 30 people? Or maybe take on only 5 new people per challenge? The downfalls of that would be the chances of missing out on really great additions to the group.

Sarah (WnT) – Wow great loss this week and awesome time on your race! I absolutely LOVED your recap! It sounds like it should scare me away from ever ever ever wanting to run but somehow it just inspires me instead! Glad you’re not cold anymore ;)

Amy – Happy Birthday! I’m so sorry you were sick :( AND your pups :( Feel better soon girlie!

Rikki – Aaaah work eating and drunk eating are the worst! I was definitely guilty of that the other weekend; we just have to pick ourselves back up and get clean again ;) But GREAT NSV – it’s stories like that which keep us motivated yay!

Victoria – First, your pictures looked amazing! Way to go you skinny Minnie! Second, I had to google that “Drinking Made Easy” show and it totally sounds like my kind of show! I’m curious to see where they went – Kauai isn’t exactly known for it’s nightlife ;) I don’t think I get that channel though. Ah well, no time anyway haha. But yay for you and your unexpected half day! Hope you did something good with it ;) On the sizing note, I believe that mainstream American retailers have indeed increased their sizes because they want their customers to feel better about being bigger. If you look at our sizing versus Euro or Asian sizing, there is a huge difference.

Megan – Boo for exes finally making the changes we wanted too late. You ARE worth it – don’t let him make you feel otherwise. Haha about his bad facial hair choice… F him indeed.

Sarah (rain) – Hehe as busy as I am, I think you still take the cake in schedule craziness! The fall WAS painful but I’m thankful to be alive ;) And I’ve given it enough rest that I think I’m back to 100% now! Your treadmill self-bargaining story made me smile. Great job girl!

Nava – Hi! Your Joe time sounded fun, I’m glad you guys got some one on one time too :) LB sounds awful. Have you tried Lilyette bras before? I absolutely love their strapless bra style 929 – it stays up, gives you great shape and support, and is pretty seamless under your clothes. My store was number four in the western US for moderate bras, so I’ve got a ton of research from trying them all on ;) Sizes run from 34B to 42DD. You can get them at Macy’s on sale; usually it’s a buy 2 get 1 free (you can mix and match).

Kiki – Yay for date night but boo for date night gain! Did the water work? You’ve been eating so well, I’m sure it’ll come right back off. I’m 5’4 and have pretty much just given up on having pants fit me correctly. Now I just size for the waist/hips/butt part, and get the bottom part hemmed. It’s more expensive but worth it when I can have more of a selection instead of searching and searching for the mystical “perfect fit.”

Hosanna – I’m so happy your weekend was a blast! Loved the pictures, loved the dress NSV, loved everything. I am so happy that YOU are so happy!

Whew!

Okay down to me. It’s going to be long one, I think. I just realized I have to lose 4 and a half pounds this week in order to make my Halloween goal – yikes! NOW I’m really kicking myself in the a s s for being so bad the last two weeks, even though I did have fun. I want to tell you guys about my weekend because I work so hard and am such an emotional mess, but I like to play hard too :)

So after being laid up and drinking a ton in Kauai, I have done hardly any exercise because of my foot, and was doing so much “catch up” from vacation that I haven’t been logging or posting regularly at all. TOM didn’t help, and hubby leaving for training made the emotional mess that is me even worse. He’s only gone for a few weeks, but it’s a precursor to his being gone most of next year that is totally messing with my head. I’ve been through 5 deployments now and we’ve lived a good portion of our relationship apart, you’d think I’d be used to this! Ugh.

Anyway, this past week I’ve been overly stressed because of the injury, increased work hours, midterms, hubby leaving, etc. There are two HUGE parties that I go to every year, my friends’ Oktoberfest and this amazingly awesome fundraiser called Crazy Sexy GHOUL. This year they fell on the same day, on a day which I had class from 7am til 6pm, and it’s the weekend before a huge accounting midterm. By last week, I realized that there was no way I could make either of them because there was so much to study for accounting, and I had already made plans weeks ago to go riding that Sunday afternoon (I have been trying to get out horseback riding with my friend for the last few months – I miss it so much and I just couldn’t stand to reschedule AGAIN) so there was more time taken out of my study time. So I didn’t even buy a costume, and I sent my regrets to both hosts. (Really, I buy 2-3 costumes every October so I planned on recycling for Halloween weekend anyway).

Well, at 5pm on Saturday, the professor decided that she would push our midterm back two weeks. I was ELATED, to say the least. My girlfriend FBed me from across the room – “No midterm?!!! PARTY TIME!” and we immediately coordinated how to make it to BOTH parties that night. I dragged my old beermaid costume out (a dainty dirndl is great for both Oktoberfest AND Crazy Sexy GHOUL costume party!) and we hightailed it. I don’t really use any photo hosting sites so I’ll just change my profile pic to my costume. Oktoberfest was awesome, Crazy Sexy Ghoul was awesome, and I think we were so amped to not be taking a test in a couple days that we completely overdid it. My girlfriends worked the Ciroq tent so we had free booze all night. I was so excited to be out in society again that I was just all over the place – such a hot mess. I’ve been so busy with school, work, volunteering, husband, and trying to save money that I hardly go out lately, and I got to see lots of pretty and handsome faces that I’d missed for awhile. And I felt pretty and sexy for the first time in quite a while too… I used to have amazing self confidence up until the last year or so even though I’ve been heavy for awhile, but lately not so much. I’d even had my old mantourage telling me how great I looked and one asked if I’d lost weight (we’re cool like that where that kind of question isn’t offensive) so that helped the ego a bit ;)

Sunday I was feeling the effects and didn’t get ANY studying done in the morning like I’d planned, but still drove out to meet my girlfriend at the English school stables for a ride. I got to ride a gorgeous bay named Herbie, who was just feisty enough for us to get along great. He just came from the Big Island and had been trained western, which was great because I hate riding two-handed It was a lovely day (it had been raining a bit in Hawai’i, but man I really can’t complain too much about the weather here) and the trails were just the right mix of sunshine and shade. I was exhausted from the wild night, but made it back to school after my ride for a grueling study session. Thank goodness I have two more weeks to prepare. Although I’ll probably spend half of it prepping for my economic midterm, which is equally as hard haha.

Monday was a long day of work and kickball. We were up against the undefeated reigning league champs, who beat every team by huge amounts. This is the game I’ve been psyching myself out on for the entire season, and I spent HOURS trying to strategize field positions and kicking orders since two of my best guys were out of town for it. We put up a good fight, but ended up losing 6-9. Nothing like the bloodbath every other one of their games was. They were definitely cranky that the win didn’t come easy… but they got it and we didn’t :( I probably drowned my sorrows in a glass too many of beer.

I meant to work out today, I really did, but got sidetracked with schoolwork. Seeing the numbers on Kristina’s chart and recapping how I’ve been spending my time partying is an eye opener. I give in way too easily to calorie-laden fun. I’m back on the exercise wagon today, and will work out in between work and Junior League tonight. I’m actually pretty excited about tonight because my committee arranged the guest speaker. I was trying to get the youngest 4 time breast cancer survivor to speak for awareness month, but she has a huuuuge fear of public speaking and ended up finally declining. So we did the next best thing and asked our former governor to come by and talk about her scare. She’ll probably be our senator in about a year. Kind of a big coup for my committee to get her, so I’m proud and happy. Aaah see how easily I get sidetracked! I need more mean whip cracking and less happy happy fun if I’m ever going to get this weight off – yikes!

Okay going to bed so I can get up in a few hours... Aloha and happy hump day!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Lacey, I totally agree with you that it gets super challenging to keep up with all the newbies. I'm hesitant to say we should close the group, since we usually get a couple of really awesome people who stick with us at each challenge... ... ... but, for the sake of discussion, I'm throwing it out there. I love all you girls SO MUCH and really like having the ability and time to respond to you all individually. Lately, it has been super duper hard because of how overwhelming it is to try and keep up with a bunch of people who, in the end, aren't here anymore.

So there. I'm playing devil's advocate for everyone!
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Just popping in to say Good Morning.

Tasha, you look so adorable in that costume! Sexy Mama!!

Maybe we can open the challenge up to a limited number of people (5 maybe) and see if they last. I don't know a solution, but I agree it gets overwhelming!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    YES, I think we should either close the group or only accept a limited number of new people at the beginning of each challenge. Not only does it consume Kristina's time, but it takes forever for us to genuinely respond to everyone else if there are 40 people to reply to. (and I honestly don't take time to get to know or read all the new people's stuff because I can't spend the time until I know they are legitimately sticking around) That's why I was excited to hear that Mike is working on a way to create groups here. Not sure how that works, but I definitely think we should look into it as soon as it's available. But until then, I think we should close the group. I'm happy with everything you ladies offer me right now.

and that's all I have time for lol
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Starting my replies from where Kristina posted the chart....

Victoria: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I freakin' love you, you make believe all of this is possible!

Hosanna: Great NSV and I loved your pictures!

Megan: I agree about Katie. What do you do for work that you have to give good cheers for?

Lacey: Yeah, I saw on Sarah's homepage about being pregnant. That's so epic. I wonder why "true" members disappear after a while? I understand I am here for good and something shut into my shell too. Hahahha, heck yes on being a democracy. I agree with you. I am not a fan how people show up and then drop. Except for the few amazing ladies who do stick around here.

Tasha: Hi! Hahaha, I hate school too.

Kerry: I agree with you about having a closed group but also having mixed feelings. If this group was close I would of never been apart of this group. Did you know we are friends on MFP but some reason I can't see your homepage? Weirdsy.

Kendal: What you said. I usually hide at the start because it's too hard to respond to "everyone" who doesn't plan on sticking around.

Amy: Hope you had a great birthday! :flowerforyou:

Assssssssssss fffffffffoooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................

Philosophy is going better. I have a C! Heck yes! Normally, I would cry over a C, however, this is a C, so I will take it!

My high school is stupid and it looks like I can't go to the U of M--AA anymore.

I "hate" when people say I am on a diet.

I think I found "real" friends but I am not sure if they genuinely care about me.

Guuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeessssssssssss who will be going to Atlanta the first week of January!?

Ummmm, what else is interesting about me lately?

I freakin' love personal training.

I am ready for summer because I need to be tan again. I am officially albino again. Boo.

Ummmmmmm, I am not ready for the holidays.

I hate how my cousin cried (who is 115 pounds) when she gained seven, yes, SEVEN freakin' pounds her freshman year of college. Hello Freshman 15. Hahahahhahahaha, it must feel nice to not be "pretty" anymore. Ok, that sounded super snarky but it helped me feel better.

Boys are stupid. I want to punch 'em where it hurts.

Group question: How do you ladies know when it is "time" to get new clothes?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hallie- I buy new clothes as I need them. As in, I only have 2-3 pairs of pants that I wear, and I have to wear them all with a belt, so I NEED a new pair of pants. I buy a new shirt because it's cute. I don't do major shopping days where I buy a whole new wardrobe. I buy 1-2 things here and there.

and there's finally some truth in advertising, even though BK didn't do it lol

http://imgur.com/gallery/WTD8U

ok, the pic is too big to load from the originial site and it's too small if I put it in my profile here, so you're just going to have to go to another website
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hallie - it's time to get new clothes when they fall off of you without undoing snaps or buttons. On elastic waisted clothes - time to go when you have to fold the top over for them to stay up. Garage sales and 2nd shops are easy/cheaper ways to get clothes when at a temporary weight or continuing to lose. Having to get new clothes made me feel better about myself.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    As to closing the group - I don't think it should be permanent. It is super hard to have time for groups during the holidays. The new year will be brutal for fly by the night newbies and New Year resolutions. I'm all for it, if it gives Kristina time to chat with us again... I miss you girl ((((((hugs)))))... I kinda of like the idea of limiting newbies to a certain number. If they drop out, then let more in. Whatever we decide, I'll be here for the long haul...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hallie- another bonus of getting new clothes that actually fit is that more people can "see" the weight you've lost since you are no longer hidden in cavernous clothes so you get more compliments :wink:
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hailie- i buy a single article of new clothing ever once in a while. Like Kendall, I only have about 2-3 pants that i can wear, so if i find a good deal on a pair, i'll buy them. But i don't have the money to go replace all my clothes at once. That would be nice....but not reasonable.

As for the closed group, I have a difficult time responding individually to everyone anyway (new job w/in the company moved my desk so EVERYONE and their brother can see my screen....so i have to be careful), so i just read a lot and comment here and there.....and it's still hard to keep up.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    random thought that crossed my mind just now......

I want to be in a Winter ONEderland this year.

BAM!

take a moment and let the awesomeness of that statement sink in.

LOL
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    So, I thought of this yesterday for the new challenge name...

If I'm not mistaken, we'll hit U.S. Thanksgiving at the end of the next challenge, so perhaps "Shedding the Stuffing"?

While I agree that it's difficult and somewhat frustrating to keep up with newbies and who stays and who goes, if this was a closed group, I wouldn't have "met" all you wonderful ladies who inspire me even when I'm being uninspiring. But I'm along for the ride regardless!