Sexy in Six Round 2 ***closed group*** Week 3

Options

Replies

• ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: How many cheat days/rest days do you allow your bodies and how would you describe your cheat days?

I don't usually plan cheat days, I do try to plan indulgences so I don't go too over calories (usually....doesn't always work that way! lol) I also *try* to plan 1-2 rest days per week but some days (like today) I have to give in and have an unplanned rest day due to chronic back pain.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: What exercise combinations work best for you/do you see the best results with??

I don't follow combos really. I just do what I feel like. I love Zumba.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: How many cheat days/rest days do you allow your bodies and how would you describe your cheat days?

I have a crazy busy schedule, so I don't plan rest days. I have more rest days than non-rest simply because I don't normally get home until 7:30 or 8 every day and that's difficult to get a workout in. I don't plan cheat days either. I still very much live life without focusing on my weight loss. That means I still eat dinner out with family and friends on a regular basis. Because of that, I don't have cheat days. I figure that even though I make wise decisions when I'm out, I have enough days when I have to guesstimate calories not to have cheat days. Rarely I let myself throw caution to the wind and eat as I please... that's pretty rare though. All of that said, I still lose 1-2 lbs a week.
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: What exercise combinations work best for you/do you see the best results with??

I am not starting this week out so well!

My main form of exercise has been kickboxing, which combines cardio with strength, so I can't say what I see the best results with. All I know is I'm seeing results, all over, and that's what matters to me!

My "cheat" days are typically during the weekend....and I'd be lying if I didn't say that sometimes I do it the whole weekend :/ I do exercise during the weekend, though, so I hope that balances it out. I try to focus more on my food decisions during rest days, which I would say are about equal to exercise days.
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: What exercise combinations work best for you/do you see the best results with?

I started zumba not too long ago, and I love it! I haven't been at it long enough to really know if it's working better than just regular gym equipment, but I think the fact that I now LIKE to workout is so much more important in the long run.

I don't really plan cheat days. Sometimes life just gets in the way and I have to eat on the go or stay up super late doing homework, and those are the days when I eat HORRIBLY. Because of my crazy busy life, I don't really have rest days either. I just do what I can to catch up when I can
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I dont plan cheat/rest days. I did cheat on Friday when I went out to dinner with my hubby for my anniversary. I have been trying very hard to follow my calories and to exercise in some way every day. If a cheat/rest day happens to happen its not planned.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I don't follow combos really. I just do what I feel like. I love Zumba.

So far I enjoy switching back and from with Zumba and old Jane Fonda aerobic routines lol. I have done Tai Chi in the past and loved it but somebody told me it wasn't good for the baby when I was pregnant with my youngest (19 years ago lol... and I found out later they were wrong ack!) but I got out of practise and it's hard to pick up after you've been away from it as there are 208 postures if I remember correctly. I also enjoy Praise Moves, which is a Christian form of yoga, although I haven't done it recently but I did pull put the DVD tonight :tongue: . In the past I enjoyed alternating aerobics and weght training, however until this wrist is completely healed I haven't done weights yet...
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTW: Plan a cheat day?

I usually plan to have a nice dessert on Sunday, and typically if we have a special family dinner it's on Sunday. However, even though I may go over, I try to be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. If I truly allowed myself to shcedule a cheat day, I would likely undo a couple of weeks hard work in one day and it's just not worth it.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Like many here, I don't plan them either, I take them as I need them. usually when I have PMS. :tongue:
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to sit back and read all of these. I have a specific lifting plan which was given to my friend froma trainer and it was so awesome to read all of your responses to get some new ideas!!

I don't ever plan to cheat or to skip a day at the gym. I just listen to my body. The only time cheat days are planned are when I go home from AL to KY because that is 8 hours or driving. Other than that I try to stay on schedule :smile:
  • slender_sunshine
    Options

Like many here, I don't plan them either, I take them as I need them. usually when I have PMS. :tongue:

Same here. I figure, if I plan a 'cheat day', it's just an excuse to get off track. A cheat day usually throws me off for at least a day or two afterward.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

I do A LOT of zumba. It's about the only way I can make myself do an hour of cardio.

I'm with peanut. I find I do better if I let them "just happen."
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    1st....BIG WELCOME TO Canidoit11 to the Black Team!!

Well I do a lot of walking. I have two places I go which is a walking park that has very little flat land and around my home. When I go to the park I have 3 big hills that I have to handle (all while pushing a baby in the stroller). I like to job up the hills 1 lap and then walk up backward pulling the stroller on the next. I have also been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred and it is a great circuit training style workout.

I don't really PLAN any. I don't have any "cheat" days because for me it causes me to binge eat, so I just eat a little of whatever I want when I want it. As far as rest days go, the weather plays a big part of that. For example today it is rain/wind so I won't be getting my outside walk in. I was doing the 30DS daily but fell off when I was in the hospital with my son and having gotten the groove back. When I am doing it, I do it everyday.
  • Magic_Girl
    Options

I don't plan cheating days, but I do eat what I want, when I want as long as I'm under my calorie goal! :) Saturdays and Sundays I still log, but I don't feel bad if I go over a little bit. I only allow my self rest days as long as my excuses are either a) school work or b) my body is too sore
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?

I didn't start losing weight because of a direct inspiration. Although when I think of it, some people may have inspired me that I never realized it.
    -My mother lost 100+ pounds and looked great, then regained it and then some. She has health problems that she ignores.
    -A former friend of mine started losing weight and I became jealous.
    -I have several people in my life who are slim and I'm envious of them.
    I suppose those were subconcious influences to lose weight.
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD:
    I don't really "plan" a cheat day or days or even "allow" for them, technically.
    Do I have days that are just off the chart bad? I sure do!!
    The thing for me is not allowing myself those days because for myself it's too easy for days to turn into weeks and months.
    I eat just plain awful some days but I just try to account for it and try and do better the next day, or even the next meal.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nobody directly :) a lot of my friends are ridiculously skinny...like we're talking size 0-2 all in the 110s-120s...so it's kind of hard not to compare yourself!! i don't think it's necessarily a negative thing either, although sometimes i get annoyed because i know they don't exercise!!!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Yes I think so. My parents and sister are all overweight like me. My mom has told my sister & me many times how we should just get used to it because that is how we are built. Now my mother has lost weight in the past but goes back to her old ways and puts it back on. She has tried again to do it but gives up quickly when the weight is slow to leave. Hearing her and seeing all of us makes me push harder to show her that it can be done & that I am not going to just accept being fat with all the health issues that come with it.

Also my Father-in-law is very large. Over 360 lbs in which he carries almost all of it in his stomach. He has so many health issues and has been this way since the 1st day I met him 17 years ago. I see the impact it has had on my little girl and my hubby. I don't want them to see me like that.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

My parents are both overweight, though I wouldn't say obese. Both have high blood pressure, etc. I don't want to deal with that.