• silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    nava- i like the new challenge name!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Nava - I really like that name!!!

What about letting people into the group but not putting them on the chart until the next challenge? That way we know if someone is serious about staying with us? That would mean anyone that completes the challenge would be on the next chart. Just a thought... I did the charts when we first started the group and it is a pain and time consuming.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Victoria- that's a good idea!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have been so crappy about checking in here the past week. I'm sorry. I've been battling this stomach bug and Loki is still a bit under the weather and now I have a bit of a sore throat. They also say we might see snow....tomorrow:noway: . I think the weather is at fault for my sore throat and bad luck is at fault for the stomach flu. It DOES look like it's getting better though.

Victoria: I like your idea about not putting new people on the challenge chart until they have completed a challenge with us. It will cut WAY down on the work Kristina has to do for people who don't stick around. I also dig the idea of only accepting a certain amount of newbies to limit the confusion.

Krisitina: I vote for Nava's "Shedding the Stuffing" for the next challenge name - it's PERFECT!!!

Kendal: I'm pretty sure you WILL be in a Winter ONEderland this year (and that is pretty awesome!). I LOVE that BK pic, BTW!!! It's awesome that saving the house is a possibility!!!!

Hailie: I used to only buy new clothes when my current clothes stopped fitting me or fell apart but since I've gotten down into sizes that are in regular stores, I find myself shopping a lot more. I buy new clothes when something is a good deal AND looks great on me - although I have had to stop purchasing new nude-colored shoes as I have a bit of an obsession with them and it isn't healthy.

Tasha: Your costume is really cute. I can't get over how psychotically busy you are, you must be super-woman!

Lacey: I knew that Sarah was preggers, it's why she kinda of dropped out of the group but she didn't want to announce it until she was through the first trimester.

Megan: I would freak out having to be witty and charming in front of THAT many people!!! I used to have to give briefings in the military but that really didn't involve wit or charm of ANY sort and was never in front of 200 people. I am in awe of you!

Hosanna: Your Hen's Night looked so FUN!!!

Annette: I have decided to be back "on the wagon" with logging as of tomorrow (Thursday) and I plan to Re-start my P90X/running hybrid program on Sunday (as my first 2 weeks got so screwed up, I felt that just starting over would be for the best). So I'm all for checking in on your diary if you check in on mine!!

Jessi: Did you get your treadmill? How's Nerd's dad doing?

Pam: I'm glad you love Peas & Thank You as much as I do. You should definitely sign up for that boxing class if it comes around next month, that would be super-fun!

Kristina: I just want to add my voice to the girls' and say I miss you. I appreciate you doing the chart and keeping track of us but I miss knowing what's going on in your life. :cry:

My birthday was low-key but not bad. We put up all the Halloween decorations and just hung out together. I made an orange angel food cake and cardamom scented caramel sauce and it was AWESOME! I did a TON of reading (finished the 4th Game of Thrones book and started on the new one) as I've felt crappy and it's been raining so - perfect reading weather..if only I had a fire place...
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    So far behind. I missed weigh in on Monday, I've spent the last week dealing with a sick husband who was so kind as to share. i feel like a dump truck rolled me over. I'll try to read and catch up today. I havn't stepped on a scale in a week, now i'm afraid to even look.

-Katheryne
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I'm with Kendal, in the honestly not reading all the new people's stuff, as bad as that is.

Tasha - Thank you! I think working for having that something extra (like walking to get that Ben & Jerrys) is a pretty good solution... I also agree that costume looks AMAZING.

Hailie - Why not U of M-AA? That sucks. Also, I agree with your hating your cousin crying about 7 pounds. I know it's time to get new clothes when they just plain feel wonky. I'll wear too-big jeans until they literally fall off and the belt doesn't hold them up right anymore, but for shirts, they just feel weird, I guess. Not too helpful, I know.

Nava - Definitely like the name! Victoria - I like that idea, along with possibly limiting the number of newbies coming in.

Amy - I got to talk with Nerd's dad for a few minutes this morning on Facebook. He's feeling a LOT better, but knows he's got some big lifestyle changes (namely, quitting smoking being the biggest) ahead of him. I reminded him we want to keep him around. I didn't get the treadmill because the neighbor hasn't been home, but Friday at the latest. Cannot. Wait. We're also in for the potential of snow starting the 28th, according to Farmer's Almanac. It was barely above freezing when I walked to work this morning, and it's supposed to be getting below freezing next week. Poor Nerd might turn into a popsicle - but at least he's excited to see snow.

Katheryne - Feel better <3

We had an awesome guest on our radio show this morning, and I found him, so I'm pretty super proud of myself. They're even talking about doing an entire hour with him sometime, instead of having him for the tail. I couldn't sleep last night so I played Angry Birds until my phone was dying just after 2, and then laid in bed for another half or so before I could sleep. Walking this morning was really, really helpful in waking me up for a while, but I'm thinking that walking after work is definitely a necessity.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    okay, I've now read (or at least skimmed in some places) all six pages i was behind.

Pam--hope your hip is feeling lots better. and i hope the class does start soon, that sounds like fun. The gym here is having a water Zumba, that sounds like a blast. Unfortunatly, I don't have a car, and it is at the pool on the other side of town, and not the pool that is two blocks from my house :(.

Wowmama--great NSV.

Kerry--grats on the milage, you rock.

Bobbie--lol, we have trails like that here, I know exactally what you mean about finishing because otherwise you would have to call for help.

Jessie--the pics are awesome. Hope Nerd's dad is feeling better. Hopefully you two will be able to move down near him soon.

Amy--happy belated birthday--hopefully you were able to have more than just the bowl of cereal.

Megan and Nava--I also cut my hair when ending relationships too. The most extreme case was when i was 19, I could sit on my hair. After my relationship went town in a huge flaming ball of horridness i went to three separate places trying to find someone who would chop it off up to my chin. Finally I had to have my mom do it, while I sat at her feet in tears with every snip. I felt much better afterward though :)

Sarah--excellent run, even if there were some pukey side effects.

Hossana--Looks like the hen party went well. Congrats on the NSV.

Nava--enjoy the zoo. I never get to see the elephants anymore. My husband is allergic (i know, it sounds crazy i didn't believe him to begin with) so we don't ever get to visit that section.

Tasha--love the costume. You look great.

As for the new challenge name. I vote for Nava's suggestion.

and as for the group. I don't like the idea of locking the strand. But i do agree with Victoria. I think it would be a good idea to not include anyone on the chart until they have finished out the end of a challenge.

okay, now I am caught up. IT only took about 90 mins. :()

-Katheryne
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I like the idea of closing the group for a while. I totally like the idea of limiting the number of people to join in a challenge but I don' tknow how you could do that, how would you say to people, sorry you are number 6, stay away until the next challenge. Its not that I don' tmind saying it to people, but its awful hard to monitor that on open threads like this.

Perhaps on top of saying that a new person won't be added to the chart until they have completed a challenge, maybe a note could be made to address the fact that popping in to list your weight, list a few things about whats going on with you once every one week or so and then out when you are new isn't really what this group is about. I mean, we all have times where we can't respond to eveyrone. Hell I've been that way since the middle of September. I get that. But to put a statement at the top of the new group challenge that says both you aren't added to the list until you've committed and completed one challenge AND that we are a supporting group, meaning, we respond to each other, we tell about our lives, but we support by responding as much as we can when we can. It is a two way street.

On that note.

Nava - totally LOVE that idea for the challenge name!
    Amy - yeay for getting back on track.
    Annette and Amy - I so want to track and be accountable. Right now for me thats not possible with my life so crazy with work and other committments after work. So start without me and hopefully by the beginning of November I will be back on track.
    Nava, Katheryne and Megan - Hi. MY name is Lacey and I am a postbreak up Hair Hacker Offer.
    Jessie - I've not had time to talk to you about your preFIL.. like that term? I'm glad to hear he's doing okay and yeay for getting new awesome guests on the radio!
    Victoria - between the car thing and the treadmill pinball thing, I've be looking for ghosts lol.

I'm sorry ladies thats all I got right now. I realized this morning that the only meal I had yesterday was the lunch (salad and octoupus with fried fava beans, both small plates) and the latte that morning, so no freaking wonder why I felt like I had food poisoning or something when I was cooking dinner last night> Headache, stomach ache, fatigue, somewhat felt like sunstroke. DUH> I had maybe eaten 800-1000 cals all day and it was clost to 7pm at that time! Sheesh.

Also, this recipe is effing FANASTICAL. YOu must all make it! I decree it!
    http://mygreendiet.com/green-diet-plan-recipes/how-make-amazing-thai-salad/
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    After running in the cold rain yesterday, I ordered an under armour top, bottom and face mask. My running partner has been backing out :( she has the new 3 year old as a foster child and she's been running him everywhere doctors, court, pre-school, etc. We just can't get our schedules to coordinate.

Lacey - maybe I'll have the house blessed. My cats do commit murder here on a daily basis. Ghost mice and squirrels could be the problem. Can anyone perform remote blessings?

Good luck getting the treadmill Jessie!!!

I hope everyone feels better soon!!!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Lacey - I LOVE the term preFIL. :P That's awesome. My day today was about the same as yours yesterday for food. Nerd brought me a sandwich at 2, and I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day. Fail.

Victoria - For some reason, your problem coordinating made me immediately want to suggest Skype. I realize you're not on a treadmill, so that is a totally fail idea, but hmm... maybe I need to find a Skype-able accountability partner to exercise with!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    So... pardon me if we've talked about this before, but where do y'all go for work clothes? I'm tired of feeling frumpy every day.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies today. What do you call a knitted woolen cap you wear in the winter tim?

On the way to work this morning, I told my husband that this weekend I wanted to go through the closet and dig out the thermals, gloves, earmuffs, and taboggons. He laughed and asked if I was expecting enough snow this weekend to need a sled. I told him that while it was a sled it was also a kind of knitted skull cap used to keep warm in the wintertime. Now, am I the only one that calls them taboggons? Do any of you call them that? And if you do, where are you located, My husband grew up in passed between Maryland and Arizona, and I grew up in Kentucky. Maybe it's regional. Anyway, I thought i would ask you all since this group is spread all over.

-Katheryne
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Victoria - For some reason, your problem coordinating made me immediately want to suggest Skype. I realize you're not on a treadmill, so that is a totally fail idea, but hmm... maybe I need to find a Skype-able accountability partner to exercise with!

Jessie - in the dead of winter, I use Mr. Tready... I may need a lesson on Sykping!!! I'd so be your buddy. Does Skype include video or just phone? I have unlimited long distance with my business phone... Last winter, I'd pick the best book on tape I could find and force myself to only listen to it on Mr. Tready... I logged extra time just to listen more... Hello, my name is Victoria and I'm a book addict!!!! Thank God for books on tape or I'd never had made it this far...
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    KatheryneLynne, we call them "beanies" down here. Or perhaps it's spelled beenie.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies today. What do you call a knitted woolen cap you wear in the winter tim?

On the way to work this morning, I told my husband that this weekend I wanted to go through the closet and dig out the thermals, gloves, earmuffs, and taboggons. He laughed and asked if I was expecting enough snow this weekend to need a sled. I told him that while it was a sled it was also a kind of knitted skull cap used to keep warm in the wintertime. Now, am I the only one that calls them taboggons? Do any of you call them that? And if you do, where are you located, My husband grew up in passed between Maryland and Arizona, and I grew up in Kentucky. Maybe it's regional. Anyway, I thought i would ask you all since this group is spread all over.

-Katheryne

Katheryne, we have those stocking caps or beanies all over the place here in Oregon. Thats what we call them here. I've never heard of them being called Tobogans. Its like calling soda or pop or coke. Or beer half racks or cases, etc.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Nava - you're right - bEEnie.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    So... pardon me if we've talked about this before, but where do y'all go for work clothes? I'm tired of feeling frumpy every day.

Van Heuson outlet and New York Company outlet are my 2 fav places to shop for dress clothes. I wear slacks and a dressy top for work. No skirts since I spend 1/2 my day on the floor...
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Help ladies.
    I've been at this for some months and have lost 11 lbs. Very very very slowly. I'm eating 1200 calories a day as suggested. My balances are pretty good. I am rarely over and if so by 100 or so. I eat almost the same thing for two meals each day. I don't eat much processed food. I do drink wine but count it all and not every day.

I am exercising 5 days a week, but only for 30 minutes and burning between 150 and 270 calories doing that.

I am almost never drinking all the water, but have been pushing it this past two weeks. I'm getting at least 5 each day but it is often flavored water or crystal light.

I see that you all exercise A LOT more than me, but in the past this has been plenty. Sometimes my weight loss has been better on weeks when I exercised less.

So now I've confessed everything. give me guidance-- or tell me that this is how it will go and I'll accept that too. I'm 61--and have lost weight quickly, but have lost it before.,..

I'd like to lose 5-6 lbs a month-- am I undrealistic.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Katheryne (by the way the spell checker just changed your name to lathered - who knows what I typed!!!) - I call them knit hats or Sex hats (mom thought dad looked sexy in them (*blushes*)...

Qofsheeba - I've forgotten what you weigh, but you may need to eat more or eat better. 80% of weight loss is what you eat/drink (IMHO)... I do find I lose more when exercise is less intense. Set your MFP goal to 1 pound a week... Eat as close to that number as you can or 100 cal/day less to loose 1.25 pounds a week. What is your day like and what do you have your activity setting set to? By wearing 24 hour Body Bugg I realized that I am much more active than I thought I was with work and home life. Try upping your cals and see if you loose more.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Sheeba - I agree with Victoria. You probably aren't eating enough. 1200 is bare absolute minimum for a woman per day, and if you are exercising then you are well under 1000 cals net per day. That isn't probably enough.

Nava - I like Macys.