What Size? What Weight?

Options

Replies

• rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 140lbs and definitely got booty!

Dress size UK 10
    Jeans size UK 14
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'8" tall, anywhere from a pant size 3-5 (brand depending, i can also wear kids size 11-12) a size 2 dress, and i weigh 110lbs on average :)
  • sameddie
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 5ft 4 and when i started dieting in Feb i was 265lb and i was size 20 bottoms and 26 tops. Now I am 192lb size 16 bottoms are loose but im still a 18/20 top.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    at 170 I where a size 11 and my sister(we are identical twins by the way) is 160 and she is a size 7 its mucle mas vs fat percentage I do belive. But she does have more of a belly than I do I cary my weight all over hers is on her stomach.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    123-125 lbs, size 3
    i was also a size 3 at 135 lbs

at 5'3.5"
  • MountainMamaof2
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 183 and a 14.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and 108lbs. I'm a size 0-2 and XS in tops.
  • mandimommy
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 143 lbs. I wear US 10 jeans, med 8/10 workout bottoms and medium tops.
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I am 5' 3 and 208. I have jeans that are 14 some up to 18. My shirts 18/20 are too big, 14/16 are snug (I am a 38DD though)
    I do think we all vary, I gain in my mid section, I have friends who are pear shaped, I am more apple. Plus I am short waisted to boot.
    Kelle
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    when i started i was 240 and wore 16/18 and most of my bottoms come from Kohls. its definately the body shape if you are only 10 more pounds than me and wear a 22/24
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    145-147 lbs (it's a range)
    Size 10 relaxed fit

At my biggest I was 169 lbs and wearing size 12 relaxed fit. Sometimes it annoys me that I've lost over 20 lbs but only one jeans size, but oh well.

Oh and I wear an 8 in dresses, usually.
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    Its totally about frame size and how you carry weight like everyone said.
    I am 5'3'' and 138lbs I wear a size 6 in misses and a size 7 in juniors, and a medium in tops. I am very proportionate. ;]
    At my biggest I was a size 12 - 14 pants in misses and 13 juniors and I was an xl or l top
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Well, muscle mass can make a real difference. I went away for a weekend with an old friend back in June. She never works out, I work out hard, daily. We are both the same height and the same dress size. In fact we traded dresses over the weekend. Here's the kicker:

Me: 5'4, size 4, 18% body fat, 134 lbs. --I've since lost weight, now I'm 128 :)

Her: 5'4, size 4, 23% body fat, 119 lbs.

So there you go -- 15 lbs. is a big difference for 5'4, but we wore the exact same size bc I have much more lean muscle mass. Muscle is more compact than fat -- so a pound of muscle fits into a smaller container than a pound of fat.

Here's a pic of us from that weekend; I'm the brunette on the right.

EDIT: My friend stays in her size 4 by eating no more than 1000 calories a day, and smoking. I stay in my size 4 by eating over 2000 calories most days, and working out (which I love to do, btw). *Winning!*

junecandl2-1.jpg

blessings.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I was reading someone's posting here that she weighed in the 290's and was happy to be into Size 20.
    I found this hard to believe because I am now at 250, and I wear a 24 loosely, but 22 is still too tight. (I am 5'3")
    (most of my clothes are from mid-range stores like JCPenneys, Kohls)
    She might read this, and I don't mean to offend you, it's just perplexing that you can weight 40 pounds more than me and be 2 sizes smaller. And maybe thats because I don't like things really tight that there isn't just one size difference.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting and motivating to play What Size, What Weight, and maybe even what height if that matters. If you tracked it during your weight loss, that would be interesting too.

I think it depends alot on your body type and age. When I was 17yrs old I weighed 250lbs and I was in a size 17-18. When I got down to 184lbs I wore a size 11. I'm now 205lbs, at 23 years old and wearing a 15-17. How thats possible, I'll never know considering I still own all my pants from when I was 250 and I can actually wear them?

Vanity sizing. Clothing made for the US keeps getting larger and larger, while the numbers on the tags get smaller. I have a bunch of lovely cocktail dresses from the 1950s that I inherited. They are all marked sizes 10 - 12 and they fit me nicely, although in today's market I wear a size 4. They didn't even have a size 4 then; the smallest used to be 8.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7" and currently weigh about 135#... i used to weigh about 128 for most of my adult life (or 125 at times). i have a medium build. i wear a size 2 or 26 in jeans. sometimes i get into 0s depending on the brand/cut/store. i have definitely upped my exercise over the past year and 1/2.... and UP went my weight! strange how that happens, huh? but my size stayed the same.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", apple shaped and currently weigh 143, and I wear a size 6 or 8 in jeans and a medium or (most often) large shirt.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    5'0
    153lbs

& I just bought some size 8's this weekend :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was reading someone's posting here that she weighed in the 290's and was happy to be into Size 20.
    I found this hard to believe because I am now at 250, and I wear a 24 loosely, but 22 is still too tight. (I am 5'3")

At 250 I wore an 18 - but I'm 5'8". At 210 my 16s are falling off (but 14s are a bit snug)... height and body shape have a ton to do with what size you wear, not just weight.
  • vannie18
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 156lbs and wear a size 6 or 8, before I was 260lbs and a size 22W.
  • dylanandsean
    dylanandsean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    4'11 126 lbs wear a size 7 however clothes are made differently bc I also have size 6's that r too big! All depends on the brand