Black Wedding Dress?

Options
Tonnina
Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/vera-wang-s-black-wedding-dresses-unique-or-creepy-2589217/#photoViewer=1

Would you wear one? Which is your favorite?
I was married on October 25th, 2008.... I wore a white A-line satin dress with a pink sash and it was perfect... I don't think I'd want to wear a black one, but I do like Dress #2 in this line up.

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the issue is with wearing a black dress....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Im a fan of traditional white

second one is pretty tho
  • jule_sea
    Options
    I got married in July, my wedding dress was black with red accents and I LOVED it. I wouldn't have worn anything else :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would wear black.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    my dress was made by my mommiebean.. periwinkle blue, with white lace overlay, over the skirt, matching sleeves, and veil. i wanted navy, but, she flat refused.
    a couple of months later, i was maitron of honour in a friends wedding, and we wore black 2 piece gowns. as a bridesmaid, if tasteful, i'm all for it.. but, for a wedding dress itself... not sure i could see it in all black...
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of the dresses in that line-up, but I have seen on this wedding show a few years back (don't remember what it was called) where the bridesmaids wore white dresses & the bride wore a black dress trimmed in hot pink.

It was a simple strapless black satin gown with hot pink trimming and I thought it was unique and gorgeous.

I would personally never wear a black dress, I have a very old-fashioned kinda soul, but the episode I saw was pretty pimp.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I think some of them are beautiful. I think for someone who is goth, a Halloween wedding, or a black-tie wedding it would be perfect.

I like 1, 2 and 4.
  • natersmama
    Options
    i dont think i would ever wear a black wedding dress. but i LOVE the second one. =)
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i had a blck and white wedding back in 2007. I wore white and my bridesmades wore black... lovely and elegent and Im divorced lol
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I know someone who got married on Halloween and wore a black dress. They were divorced by Christmas, I'm not sure it's related though.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    I say it's your wedding do what you want to do and wear what you want to wear. It's a day about YOU!

To each their own. Who are we to judge?
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think it would be appropriate for a themed ceremony but not a traditional ceremony. I agree about #2. It is beautiful!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'll wear black to be buried which will happen before I ever marry again. Good luck & best wishes and all that stuff. I'd rather take a bullet
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    not a single one of these gals is smiling! is that part of "the look" for a black dress? I say, wear what makes you feel beautiful, no matter what color it is. But, personally, I don't think these black dresses are making the best of what the models have to offer.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I like some of those dresses, however some of them resemble prom dresses to me & look like theyre unfinished (shows what i know about fashion?) out of all them #4 is OK.

I know lots of people who didnt wear white on their wedding day :)) No big deal to me. To each is their own.

*edit* i agree with the person above. the models all look frompy and swollowed by these dresses.
  • CapeCodLover
    CapeCodLover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree the second one is pretty! I have no problem with a black dress ... the white dress symolizes purity and virginity ... if that's not something you are promoting, then why not have a wedding dress in any color you want?! I may get married for a third time and it would be super hypocritical of me to wear white for the traditional reason .. I have an 18 year old daughter after all. But if I wanted to wear white because I like it and it looks good on me, then I would go for it!!
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    not gonna lie Id wear #5. It had the antique white in the center. BANGING HOT
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    That second one is gorgeous.

I'm getting married in this:

zn22i4pmqlxnnz.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I love it ... wear what makes you feel your best - have a non-traditional ceremony!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    White is a fairly recent phenomenon, historically. In the past, women would just wear the nicest, fanciest, best-looking dress she owned, no matter what color it was. And a lot of times, women would have a nice black mourning dress that they had only used a few times, so that would be what they wore to their wedding too.
    (Sorry, I'm a history buff. And it makes me laugh when young brides get so concerned with "traditions" that really aren't very old. I'm just glad my little sister didn't make me dance in a pig's feeding trough at her wedding. That's a tradition for unmarried elder siblings.) :laugh: