WORST things you ate before you turned 20?

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I remember in junior high I used to have a Hostess blueberry pie AND a Blue Bell ice cream sandwich every day for lunch. And I was a size zero. Oh how times have changed.
  • christybrooker
    Options
    Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's or McDonald's every day (sometimes twice a day) and a whole six pack of Dr. Pepper.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was over 20 years ago, but I do remember having a Big Red & chocolate cupcakes for breakfast almost every day.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Trefoils cookies (butter shortbread) spread with cream cheese frosting.

Entire Totino's pepperoni pizzas.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I could eat 1 1/2 medium size pizza's.
    And apparently, it's caught up to me =/
  • ishmael81
    ishmael81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I remember going on trips in high school with jazz band an we would eat afterwards, usually at McDonalds. I remember several times I would get a Big Mac meal, large size it and then get a 20 piece McNugget. And I always drank regular Coke. Always.

I started to look at how many calories that would have been, but got scared after just the Big Mac.

I also rememeber in college making ramen noodles, draining the water and adding mayo, cheese, crushed up bacon and green onions.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    All during college it was a 6-pack of cherry cokes every day.

And usually a pint (yes, the whole pint) of Hagen Daas ice cream on most days.

With some form of fast food/junk food for every meal. Lol, it was waaaaayy more than "freshman 15" for me.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    ice cream with milk and chocolate powder in a huge bowl every single night for at least a year... so delicious
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options

I also rememeber in college making ramen noodles, draining the water and adding mayo, cheese, crushed up bacon and green onions.

I used to do this same thing minus the mayo, but with 2 slices of american cheese. Sadly I was doing this less than a year ago. Holy sodium!!!
  • jeyoung03
    Options
    I was very active in high school, and once college can I became very lazy. But what I used to eat was...

1. A cup of oreos stacked (so like 6 or so), and poured milk over them, and ate them all with a spoon
    2. Everyday at lunch some girls and I would just buy fries and eat them at lunch. Or chicken nuggets, or fried chicken sandwiches.
    3. Senior year we would go out to eat fast food everyday for lunch, (Checkers, Taco Bell, KFC, etc. )
    4. Lots of sweets, desserts, etc.

Never had to count calories and was always pretty satisfied with my body image... and now I need to get my *kitten* together and count calories! It's annoying but I hope to get down to a weight that i can be happy at. :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    A large bag of Doritos with a tub of onion dip to scoop them in

A pepperoni pizza dipped in a bowl of ranch dressing

A whole pound of either gummy bears or Jelly Belly's
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    everything dipped in ranch & ketchup mixed together...and i mean EVERYTHING. I would dip chips, crackers, sandwiches, tacos, peanuts...anything salty had to have ranch & ketchup on it............*barf*

Fancy Sauce ...ha
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    A large bag of Doritos with a tub of onion dip to scoop them in

A pepperoni pizza dipped in a bowl of ranch dressing

A whole pound of either gummy bears or Jelly Belly's

Oh man, chips and onion dip were my go-to snack in college. Also, peppermint patties from the freezer.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I turned 20 in 1974. I can't remember what I ate over the weekend.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    kristal77 said: McDonald French fries dipped in McDonald chocolate shake...

What's wrong with this??? I had this for lunch!! hehe (Only it was five fries, from my son's happy meal, and a small chocolate shake. In the good ole days, this would have been a whole small fries and a large chocolate shake. MMMmmmmm... *salivating*)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to eat like that without consequences. I was always chubby as a kid even though we rarely had soda or fast food, and I was never a binge eater. Y'all are lucky. However, my eating habits did get worse in college when my parents weren't around to control what I ate, and it seemed like I went from chubby to fat almost overnight.

I remember watching a TV show once where this college professor was talking to one of his students, who was eating a huge bowl of ice cream. The professor laughed and said "I remember when I used to be able to eat like that. Then, for my 30th birthday, God slipped a tire around my waist." Yep, that's pretty much how it happens.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    A hairy box.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My friends and I used to stop in at 7-Eleven before school for Super Big Gulps of (regular) Coke. I'd mainline Coca Cola all day eat a pack of Reese's Peanutbutter Cups for lunch. And that was it. I was 5'10, 125 pounds. Ah, the good ol' days....
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    um this thread is making me drool. i like food. :bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I was in good shape in high school due to playing soccer and doing marching band.

I would eat at McD's or Burger King at least 5 times a week because it was easier than driving the 15 minutes home between practices.

I would also (and did this on occasion up until a year or two ago :embarassed: ) grab a bag of chocolate chips and eat half a bag to get a chocolate fix.

Oh, and in college we'd get those packages of Toll House cookie dough and each eat one.