The help my Husband gives me, not!

Options
lemonychick
lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
So, I have a cold, a bad cold, but I carry on doing the Mum thing, running around after three kids, one if which is sick too. Hubby comes home after being away with work for the week (did I mention I was doing all of the above by myself?), Anyway, hubs comes home, looks at me and says "You don't look too bad." moves into the child-free front room and proceeds to fall into a dead sleep on the sofa.

What do I do ladies? Respect the fact that he's been out earning money for the family, or Taser his bollocks??? I have to be honest, I'm leaning toward a 10 minute taser........

Any alternative suggestions gratefully received!

Replies

• rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree with the taser idea.
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    Tell the kids to go play in the room he's in and to maybe use him a human trampoline?
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hattie is spot on!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Taser him!
    Id understand him not being as helpful if you werent sick, but when sick, he should be helping a bit more.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i vote for the tasser his goolies! yay..... :devil:

But then he would just get his "manflu" thingy and that would be it for weeks so you would just end up even worse ...
    can't you sorta send the kids in to him accidently of course :devil:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would have a conversation with him and ask for more help.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    :devil: taser!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    My husband's not very helpful either and we argue a lot about it. He's a couch potato when he comes home from work. I work part time and take care of my 3 kids and he gets home just in time to say good night to them.....it's frustrating! Can I borrow the taser thingy?
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    For sure Taser, if nothing else for the humor!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Some Men soooo take advantage of certain situations! ARG! Hope u feel better soon!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Taser LOL. Been there -- know how it feels. Men are such jerks sometimes (and before the men start complaining about women.. I know we can be a reach peach sometimes too).
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Taser him lol. He may work and bring home money but being a mom is hard work too.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would leave without telling him and check-in to a hotel for a couple hours to sleep.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would have a conversation with him and ask for more help.
    Agreed...and be clear. Skip the passive aggressive stuff.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i hate when i am sick and i don't get downtime.

last year, hubby, the kids and i got sick at the same time. hubby stayed home from work and slept on the couch, while i took care of the kids and him even though i was sick too. our work is never done. :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Tell the kids to go play in the room he's in and to maybe use him a human trampoline?

Completely agree! The lack of help - especially when sick, is totally uncalled for. Play away, kids!

Or: What I would probably do is tell him, I'm sick and I'm exhausted. You have to watch the kids for 2 hours while I nap. And you need to unload the dishwasher if you want to eat tomorrow. Bye-bye.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My vote is taser, and can I borrow it when you get done? lol
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Put the tazer in his hand then when he "accidentally" stuns himself he wont be able to let go or stop frying his lazy *kitten*.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Patience, my dear. Make sure to breathe on him a lot, then when's he's sick as a dog next week (because you KNOW men always get a worse version of the virus than we had) ignore him.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Have a talk.

Men sometimes don't get it. You may hear he is tired too.
    Just talk to him.