Doggie parents whose furkids have hind leg problems?

Options
12346»

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that he's doing better and that you found a vet that you (and Tequila) like. That's an amazing price! VERY impressive! I never walk out of my vets office having paid less than $200 - and if I do - I know that we're going to have to go back - because I'm convinced that my dogs can't possibly be cured for under $200/pop! LOL

I will say that things have gotten much less expensive since I've learned to ask one simple question. "Is there a human form of that medicine that you can write a prescription for?" Meijer offers free antibiotics for a 2 week prescription. Walmart offers discounts on many prescriptions .... like Prozac (which we had our Weimaraner on) - for $4/month it was totally worth it!

Take care of Tequila. I'm glad to hear that it was nothing too serious. Warning though... some of those "soft tissue injuries" seem to hang on... so make sure he's as calm as possible for as long as possilble!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What a great story AND outcome. I'm soo glad you were able to work it out. Way to go! You are a great "mommy"!

:flowerforyou: Thank you :) I am sooo glad too and relieved
  • LaComadreja14
    Options
    Yay for Tequila! (Which, by the way, are words I've said before, but not about a dog.)

It's great that you found a vet he likes, who is in it for the right reasons.

Hahaha, who hasent? His name is Tequila for a reason :P its my absolute fav

and Thanks, it is great + a giant relief!
  • LaComadreja14
    Options
    So glad to hear that he's doing better and that you found a vet that you (and Tequila) like. That's an amazing price! VERY impressive! I never walk out of my vets office having paid less than $200 - and if I do - I know that we're going to have to go back - because I'm convinced that my dogs can't possibly be cured for under $200/pop! LOL

I will say that things have gotten much less expensive since I've learned to ask one simple question. "Is there a human form of that medicine that you can write a prescription for?" Meijer offers free antibiotics for a 2 week prescription. Walmart offers discounts on many prescriptions .... like Prozac (which we had our Weimaraner on) - for $4/month it was totally worth it!

Take care of Tequila. I'm glad to hear that it was nothing too serious. Warning though... some of those "soft tissue injuries" seem to hang on... so make sure he's as calm as possible for as long as possilble!

Oh man I try to but that little booger has selective hearing. If I say want a treat? or wanna go potty? Hes allllll ears! If I say, No or sit down baby or honey, go relax- stop trying to move around... he is totally oblivious to the fact that my mouth even opened in the first place lololol.

Its weird, although I knew that there are prescriptions that are interchangable I never realized you could do that. I always thought you just had to get pet meds from the vet or one of those websites, thanks though it is a good thing to know and keep in mind just in case!