200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hellloooooo

Hoping I am back to a more regular post now - hate it when I get out of the loop as miss talking with you all.....

Tasha: I think in my on/off absence I have missed a huge chunck of what you get up to and indeed, what your hubby does that takes him away from you? When you were talking about a 'survivor' giving a talk - and telling us to keep check - was that breast cancer? Also, not clear what your group is set up for, but, if people are involved to be getting 'out there' and working with real people, then I, too, would be very frustrated. Sorry to ask you to repeat some stuff but hoping you will be patient!!!!

Amy: not sure what comments I will be able to make on your 'liquid entries' but I am her for you lady, and (:grumble: ) will be completing food diary as of today..........thank you xx Also, sorry you all contiune to be so poorly - sounds like re-trip to vets and a trip to GP looming for you tomorrow if things don't improve. Pleased that the Hubbs and the Kid are okay.

Lacey: sorry you not in a place to complete diary - looking forward to you joining us in November xx

Hallie: very confused re what going on in your education plans - I can just give you hugs and prayers and hope it all settles for you. re clothes - I tend to buy things when I realise that I need 'x' and haven't got it (i.e. no longer fits/worn out) - then I'm off to the shops - usually charity shop first and work my way up to ensure I spend the least money possible....Hubby says if I lose enough weigth to need a new wardrobe then I'll just have to go but it so hopinh to have that 'luxury' at some point - everything is possible - especially with help of you lovely ladies.

?Crystal: how is non smoking going???? (hope I've remembered correctly)

Sarah: I want to be you when I grow up please - organised, giving, fun etc, etc, etc,...|Glad things more organised and enjoy your time tomorrow. How did your day by yourself go? Oooh, and, pleased to hear you are still doing shred - when I am part way through and miond starts drifting, I think of you and know I'm not the only one jumping around in their front room!!!!

Kendal: Really pleased you may be able to keep the house - what does it depend on?

Sheba: think the others covered possibilities, my only addition would be the need for perseverence - I have found that everything is taking longer to respond now I am 'a bit older':blushing: i.e am still working with shred but 30 days was a non started for me - is taking much longer!!!!

That's all I have time for - thought I had afternoon to catch up with a few things but everyone seems to be poorly - or have poorly children - so need to go to mums and todds to help out.

Hubby back tomorrow and am very excited - his birthday is Sunday so we are going 'Ape' on SAturday which will be as scary as it is fun - at least I haven't got to haul quite so much weight about:laugh:

Keep well xx

Victoria - you are lovely xx
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: I totally dig your comment about people "worshiping" the game.

Victoria: Yes, the dogs got sick first (actually, Sofie got sick and then a few days later Loki got it). Happily, I have shared the responsibility of cleaning up the dog messes with The Hubbs but he has a super-powered immune system and mine has always been a little wimpy so, you could be onto something there. As for neighbors or work people, none of them are sick. I asked Trav to check around at work after I got sick as I was at a party with a lot of work people on Saturday night and then started feeling a bit ill on Sunday but no one else was sick. We had an e. coli outbreak here in Germany a few months ago, it turned out to be from organic sprouts but I haven't heard of any outbreaks of anything recently. I think that whatever it is, it will run its course and I'll get better eventually. I don't have issues ALL day long every day and there's no blood in my stool and it does seem to be getting better bit by bit. Thank you for your concern and your virtual veggie soup!

On another note, we might be finding a new home for Loki. It makes me sad to think that it isn't going to work out with him but he is a sneaky and willful animal who really does not accept anyone's dominance - he just won't learn the rules to get by in our house (and we are kind of sticklers for rules for dogs and kids). And no matter how many times I take him on walks/runs, he just doesn't get any better on the leash. His previous owners really did him a disservice by not training him and now that he's 2 years old, he just has no interest in being trained. I'm a believer that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks but I just don't have the time to do it myself at the moment. I got him to be a running companion and he pulls so badly on the leash that it aggravates my disk in my neck that is bulging to the point that it aches for a day or so after I walk him. I'm not one to give up easily, but I just don't see that it's worth it at the moment (I really feel like a crappy pet-parent for saying that, though).

ETA: Annette- what does "going Ape" mean??
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies. Its 4:58 here in Oregon. Ugh. I've been awake since 4am. Thats what I get for going to bed at 8. My body just flat out shuts down sometimes. It was like either fall asleep and stay on the couch or at least get into bed for me last night. Is this a result of being a parent and not sleeping for the first two years or going over 30? Anyways, its the perfect time to respond to everyone! Yeay!

Amy - cysts and that kind of bacteria from dead animals or just things that are naturally occurring in the ground that can all of a sudden cause people issues...scarey. It sounds like something going though if you've been having this for this long now. Weirdness dude.

Tasha - did you change your user name on here or have I been so out of the loop on that? Its cute! You know I have to say Big Ups (lol) to you for being such a volunteer. I am not good at it and find that if you don't feel passionate about it, you shouldn't be there because it shows. I donate money instead or clothes, etc. I do do some work with my bosses organization he loves here in town. Its a relief nursery that helps kids and parents in amazing ways. THat lady sounds absolutely ridiculous. The point of volunteering is taking it TO the people who need it, not making them come to you for freakin' sake! Did you exercise? yeay!

Hailie - also, make references to other books which I am sure you've thought out. Ones that don't seem so obvious. Have you searched for papers written by professors, etc. on the subject that you can reference? What about news articles and reviews to get ideas?

Megan - I believe that food is 80% of your diet. Absolutely. That is great for you to Emcee the Christmas party! And great motivation too.

Pam - did you run before bed??

Sarah - yes I'm here :) That run sounds fun next month! Way cool about spending time with your friend tomorrow. Thats funny about I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant getting banned from your house!

Jessie - I get my jeans for Maurices. Love them there!

Nava - ideeli has plus sized stuff on there right now. We get to go to the Portland zoo a week from Saturday.They have a halloween thing for kids, so Gracie (who is going as Princess Leia) and us and two of our friends and their families are coming. Should that be family's? Not sure lol.

Victoria - I remotely bless your house and your kitties to continue to reign supreme over the mice and squirrels! Yeay for new winter running gear!

Kendal - you and I, and others, are SO SO close to onderland. That should be our goal by NY! I love that BK sign. I think you should be able to save the house too, yeay!!

Hosanna - I hope that you are feeling better.

Annette - I like that you are keeping track of your goals for 100 days here. I like to see your progress.

Rain - don't judge P90x by that super long and hard YogaX!! Its the one that every single person b!tches about! Me included.

Okay..well I am watching a story about that guy in Ohio that let all those poor exotic animals out of their pens right before he killed himself. Well the police ended up having to kill almost all of the animals. Its sad and not their fault. All because of depression issues. That is such a detriment to society these days. Very sad.

Its 5:30 now. Yeay. I can get in the shower. I am in a conference room for new system training literally for 9 hours today. I am hoping that my getting up early doesn't kill me half way through the day. I ate a piece of toast with my coffee to get my metabolism going at least so I'm not food crashing today like I've now done twice this week. Big Duh. LOL. You all have a good day!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Annette and Amy we all posted at the same time!

Annette - yes, what does Ape mean?

Amy - have you thought about trying the Halti or gentle leader leash? It won't get Loki to get it together at home but will stop him pulling on the leash immediately. It puts pressure on his muzzle and dogs hate that. That blows.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kristina- i need to weigh in a day early since I will be out of town until Thursday of NEXT week. *********** 209 ************

despite the fair food last night, I'm down from last week, which is a breath of fresh air. I got a text this morning from a close friend saying she was in One-derland when she weighed in this morning. I was so happy for her!!!!!!!! She's been working really hard this year and is down 40-50 pounds; she even ran a 5k a few weeks ago. She's pumping me up to be under 200! I have 9 pounds to go!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    The Story of how this group began. On a brisk fall day in the month of October of the year 2009, a lass by the name of Heather decided to find mfp friends she could relate to in her journey to lose weight. She posted a topic that started with "200+" asking for friends people who were over 200 pounds to join her in her weightloss journey and thus this group was born. Lots of people joined, including Victoria, Kristina and me, and we decided to start a new thread weekly. It was difficult to keep up and eventually Heather became unreliable in creating our thread at a decent time. She slowly dropped out and I believe that's when Kristina stepped up and offered to post the new weekly thread. The group has definitely evolved quite a bit (changed a long time ago from new weekly threads to a new thread once every 6 weeks) and we've probably seen a hundred or so people come in and out. You'll have to ask Kristina and Victoria exactly when/how they switched keeping the chart.

Pam- YAY for working out that late at night!

Megan- I'm sure you walked around enough at the fair to burn off the little bit of funnel cake you had. I wouldn't worry about it. Yay for the friend who just made it to ONEderland!

I also loved reading Hunger Games! It was definitely a BIG page turner for me. It was so hard to put down. But I do think 20 pages is a bit much for a book that I think is so short.

Sheba- yes, EAT MORE CALORIES LADY!!! And if you already have a hard time eating 1200 cals, nuts is a great high cal but healthy snack. yeah, I have NO PROBLEM eating my 1900 cals a day lol

Amy- could you and the dogs be experiencing the same bug???? I didn't think inter-species diseases were viral. Sorry you are sick and dealing with sick dogs. At least with a kid you could say "sit by the toilet and puke/poop whenever you want" but dogs don't so much understand that.

Annette- as for the house, I have to get the ex to sign a paper, have to file more paperwork, and finish applying for the assistance. It will catch me up on the missed house payments but then I will have to start making payments as of December. They've upped my house payment to catch up for the missed escrow money and there's no freaking way I should (or am able to) pay close to $1000/month on my own for a house loan that's less than $100,000. If I get the state assistance, then the guy at the credit counseling place said he'll help me get my loan modified to a more affordable payment. With the state assistance program, I have to stay in the house 10 years for the money to be forgiven. It's technically an interest free loan, but if you move before 10 years you'll have to pay all or some of the money back, depending on how long it's been.

Lacey- I saw that same story about the Ohio man. They actually showed pictures of the dead animals and it was so freakin sad but necessary to save people's lives.

Mr Reunion was asking me yesterday how we are going to train for this Warrior Dash. I told Mr. that we will continue running together and he was going to do P90X with me in January. He liked that idea.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Sarah - I'm currently done with Angry Birds (all 3 of them) and am working on beating them all with 3 stars now. :P I'm very, very competitive as well. I probably would be doing the same thing, as far as the tv show goes. Yay for your hubby joining you, too.

Hailie - That sucks, I'm sorry! And really sorry your mom is being so difficult. Personal training is an investment in yourself and your health, which you're going to need for whatever you decide to do in the future.

Lacey - There is, quite literally, nowhere that does bra fitting for 150+ miles. Sucks, but I'll survive. Finding bras that fit is hard enough anyhow. I, too, love the jeans from Maurices, and since ours is one of their very few stand-alone stores it gets the out-of-season leftovers from the rest of their mall-chain stores. I scored a $45 pair of jeans for $2.77 on a clearance there once.

Amy - I hope you and the pups feel better soon. <3

Tasha - Nerd lived in Florida from the time he was around 2 until he moved up here in June. I can't believe how excited he is about it. Sorry about your difficult lady on the committee! I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but what is it you do for work? It sounds interesting.

It's not quite so cold this morning, so walking to work was nice. I find I walk faster when I'm counting my steps; anyone else do this?
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Hailie: Way to pull up those grades, we all knew you could do it! Can't you reapply to the U of M-AA for next fall?

Kendal: You are such a wordsmith. Haha.

Nava: Also a wordsmith. Love Shedding the Stuffing!!

Lacey: Don't forget to eat, girl!

Jessi: Glad Nerd's dad is improving.

Katheryne: Sorry you got a case of the sickies. I'm with your husband, a toboggan is a sled.

QofSheba: I don't think 5 lbs a month is unrealistic. Try increasing your cals for a week. Maybe 1200 isn't enough?

Nothing new with me....just trying to get through today and tomorrow. Can't wait for the weekend.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    I am catching up with everyone like crazy in this post, so I apologize in advance for its length.

Megan, congrats on the loss! You are getting SO CLOSE to ONEderland! And MMMMMMM funnel cake. So yummy. I'm proud of you for splitting it with people!

Lacey, I heard that store about the guy in Ohio on the radio this morning. I heard that a lion or a tiger ate a monkey?! That is SO sad and ridiculous. I missed the part on how/why the guy had all of those exotic animals in the first place. It sucks that the police had to kill them and they couldn't find a way to get some professionals in and get them to a zoo or something. Totally messed up.

Amy, I'm sorry to hear you guys might have to find Loki a new home. That's really, really hard. I completely understand where you are coming from though, and I know that you are such a loving and responsible person that you will do what is best for him... by that I mean either keep him or make sure he gets into a good home. Still, that sucks. I know you were so excited to have a running buddy, and now you just have, quite literally, a pain in the neck. (lol... yeah, I think I'm funny) I also really hope that you get past this stomach bug and the dogs do as well. I'm thinkin' about you!

Annette, I also have NO idea what "going Ape" means. I'm hoping its something fun!

Tasha, I agree I want more info on YOU. I'm sorry you had to deal with that ridiculous lady in your committee. What a clueless and ridiculous comment to make! Some people.

Hailie, everyone else has already covered all the awesomeness of the Hunger Games. I agree with Lacey that it might be worth trying to look up what other people have written on it to give you some more ideas. Plus finding ways to tie it into other books is always good for comparison/contrast. I can't believe how much money you have saved up - impressive, girl!

Pam, did you end up running last night? If so, I am SUPER impressed with you. That seems crazy impressive to me. And I agree about feeling guilty about closing our group, cuz if it was closed I wouldn't be here either. I just get SO overwhelmed with all the people!

Katheryne, I have never heard it referred to as a taboggon. That's awesome and fantastic and I just might have to start calling kint hats that instead. Much cooler.

Sarah, I totally have bikram yoga envy (or as I'm going to call it, bikvy). I've always wanted to try it, and I think I just might have to hunt down a class so I can. What's your running plan now? This week I've done a couple of 2 mile runs, but nothing crazy. I'll probably run 7-9 miles on Saturday morning, but I'm kinda feeling like I need to get a routine together asap. I need a new goal! That's so freakin' awesome that the hubbs is getting on the bandwagon-awesome news. And I also LOVE that you're doing a race called the Hot Buttered Run. So awesome.

Jessi, did you find Nerd? teehee. When I read that sentence in your post I giggled a bunch. I have never skyped, always wanted to.

Hosanna, I hope you are feeling better and getting back into the swing of things after your awesomely awesome hen's weekend. I'll be happy to have you back in full posting force.

Sheba, I agree with everyone else. Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, you HAVE to. I'd say up it and aim for a net calorie goal of 1400. What I mean is, you start every day with 1400 calories to eat, and then if you work out and burn 200 more, then you have to eat 1600. You gotta fuel that metabolism!

Nava, I totally can't help you on the work clothes thing. Since I work at Home Depot, I can pretty much wear whatever I want. I have on jeans, a brewery t-shirt, and a cardigan today. A lot of times in the winter its just jeans and a hoodie. Its fantastic. I have heard really good things about NY&CO though. And the new challenge name ROCKS!

Victoria, you'll have to let me know how the face mask works out from Under Armour. I'm thinking that's going to be a necessity but it seems like it would be super weird to run with a mask on.

Ok, I really intended to go back further and catch up on more stuff, but I totally have to pee, so I'm posting this before I lose it. I'll be back.

Kendal - hi! Love you! I'll reply to you shortly!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Kerry - I did find him. :P He always hangs out at work with me for the last half hour or so, but he found himself in some kind of time-sucking alternate dimension and took 45 minutes to get here. :P I used to Skype with Nerd before he moved, basically all the time. That's how I learned that my computer will get hot enough to shut itself off.

I forgot I have the ball games both Friday and Saturday this week (probably would have anyhow, since my coworker has the flu), so I guess I'll get some jump "roping" in. :D
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    Kendal, heck yeah! You and Mr. Reunion can join the P90X/P90X2 Bandwagon that we will be rockin' starting in January. I'm pumped about this! I'm also SO excited to hear that you might be able to save your house. That would be amazeballs. Is your place big enough that you and Mr. Reunion and the girls could live there together? Is that the plan?

Jessi, that's so awesome that you work somewhere that Nerd can just come hang out with you at the end of the day. How fun! I haven't ever counted my steps but I can see how that would make you speed up.

I'm making a final vote on the "close the thread or what" topic. It seems only fair that we all get to vote and then decide from there what we are doing. I vote we do the next challenge with Lacey and Victoria's ideas of having in the starting post that you have to be a consistent part of the group for an entire challenge before you are included in the weigh ins, and also that we are the type of group that really takes the time to respond to each other. Lets see if that slows it down at all. If it does, then we stick with that. If it doesn't, then we look at closing the thread for the Holiday/Christmas/Winter ONEderland Challenge. (Kendal, you rock! That name/goal is fantastic!)

Ok, mini rant. There's this girl that I work with who has been dating this guy for I think 8 years. He has cheated on her 3 times, and also is a total schlub. Like the kind of guy who can't hold down a job for more than 3 months at a time and spends all her money. EVERYONE tells her all the time that she deserves better, and usually she says "I know, I know. I just love him and think he's going to grow up and get better." Well, she came into work and they are engaged. And the way he did it? They were at a park with other people, getting their pictures taken, and he was sitting behind her in some bleachers. While her back was turned to him he got the ring and and said "So, will you marry me?" and then when she said yes, he got up and walked away because he was "embarassed." SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE HECK?! I did the good old cheesy fake grin/congrats but all I wanted to say was "Girl, RUN. You deserve so much better than this!"

*end rant.*

In completely unrelated news, last week my store manager put in his resignation letter, and yesterday one of my assistant managers got fired. So we went from having 4 managers to 2. Things at work are about to get interesting, to say the least.

And in even more completely unrelated news, the Detroit Fall Beer Festival is on Saturday! All my favorite breweries at the Eastern Market, all with samples of their fall themed beers, which means awesome coffee stouts and harvest/pumpkin ales. I don't know if I could be more excited. Plus its been rainy and cold and awful all week, and on Saturday its supposed to be 58 and sunny. Perfect festival weather! Yay!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Lacey, I was fitted for a bra at twelve. It was one of the most horrifying events of my life. I have refused to get it done since, PTSD or something. It didn’t help that by twelve I was already wearing a C-cup and quickly edging my way to a D-cup.

Tasha, the way I understand it Water Zumba is a traditional Zumba class where you are dancing while in water up to your waist/chest. I would imagine it would add great resistance but cut down on the joint impact. I have such low tolerance for uppity people. Hopefully you don’t have to put up with her that much.

Sarah et al, how does Bikram Yoga differ from regular yoga?

Hallie, I’ll let you in on a little English Dept secret I used all the time in college. First off, pull out your syllabus and check, but the syllabus for almost every English class I ever had (and trust me I’ve had a lot) said that papers must follow the MLA handbook’s guidelines for writing. Now the 6th edition of the MLA says that papers are to be typed in either Times New Roman or Courier New, 12 pt. (NOTE: I graduated grad school the year before the 7th edition came out and I am not sure of the wording it has regarding font style) Now the reason this is important is that Courier New takes up more space than Times New Roman. It’s not a lot, but it could turn a page into a page and a quarter. But, like I said, make sure to check the MLA handbook, and your syllabus to be absolutely sure you are allowed to use Courier New. As for content, I have not read the Hunger Games, but common themes for any paper are: gender roles, religion, politics, sex, economics and class structure; or the conflict aspect of how does the book reflect the three forms of conflict: Man vs. man, Man vs. nature, Man vs. self. If the book has all three forms of conflict you could do a page introduction, a page in conclusion, then divide the three up for approximately six pages each where you give examples from the text and then explain how the example shows the characters struggling against each other, against nature/environment, or against his own internal demons/mind.

Reading back on my own instructions there, they look a little convoluted. Let me know if it doesn’t make sense. But I’ll tell you what; just talking to you about it makes me want to go back to college.

-Katheryne
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Three hours of night shift torture to go. All I can think of is curling up in my fluffy bed with the pups..
    I'm sitting here - get this - trying to get 3 stars on all the angry birds!
    Jessi - I giggled when I saw you're trying to do the same thing!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Katheryne when I typed up my thing for Hailie I also felt the major longing for college again. Sigh.

Hailie - also, footnotes can take up a ton of space too!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Katheryne when I typed up my thing for Hailie I also felt the major longing for college again. Sigh.

Hailie - also, footnotes can take up a ton of space too!

And properly citing your references in your paper also help take up a TON of space. Find some relevant quotes, throw them in, cite them and you can easily add 1-2 pages to your paper.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    lol, all this talk of padding the paper! It reminds me of college when I used to push the font to like 11.25 to see if the teacher would ever notice. I agree that 20 pages on the Hunger Games is a bit much! But I LOVE Lacey's (I think it was Lacey) idea of getting into the nitty gritty of the government of Panem. You could talk about social divide, communism, etc.

Okay, so I've driven by a New York and Co. tons of times but never stopped in, so I think I will! Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I also totally need to go to Kohl's. There's been SO many times that I've asked people "where did you get that?" and Kohl's was the response. I just get frustrated at the lack of good styling and good fabrics that some plus sized selections have. I mean, really... just because I'm bigger doesn't mean I don't like cotton/silk/wool!!!!

Kerry, I'm totally jealous that you get to wear jeans to work. TOTALLY. It's bizarre. I'll wear a top with jeans and feel great, but pair the same top with some work slacks and I feel like a frump queen. And WTF with that proposal. I agree with you. That guy sounds awful.

Lacey, I have to go look at ideeli now! I saw that story about the Ohio zoo guy... that is so tragic. Then I saw a story about an oil spill off the coast of NZ and how the blue penguins are coated in oil and can't get warm and can't preen lest they get poisoning from their feathers, but that people were making knit sweaters for them and they're doing better. So seeing pictures of tiny penguins in wool sweaters made me feel a little better about the animal world.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Oh, also...

Amy, get better already! I feel so awful for you and the pooches. Sad to hear that you may have to get rid of Loki. Marlee is horrible on a leash when it comes to me. She'll just pull until the leash is fully extended and trot along. And if I shorten the leash so that she's forced to walk beside me, she pulls the whole time. Now, the odd thing is, when Joe walks her, she's behaves perfectly and walks right beside him. Clearly, the dominance order in the house is Joe, dog, then me.

As for "going ape" I usually say "go apes h i t" which means to either lose it and go totally bonkers crazy, or just have a crazy good time.

Example 1: "That guy cut me off in traffic and I just went apes h i t and gave him the finger."
    Example 2: "It's my birthday today, so I'm just gonna go apes h i t and party till the sun comes up!"

I'm cracking up at this at my desk, btw.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Sarah et al, how does Bikram Yoga differ from regular yoga?

Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 poses, each one done twice. It is done in a room that is kept at a constant 105 degrees and the classes are usually about 90 minutes long.

The health benefits from this have ALREADY presented themselves to me and I have only done three classes.

1) I sleep better. A LOT better. Like the dead better.

2) I have NO indigestion or heartburn. Usually, water gives me heartburn and I snack on Tums all the time. Haven't needed ONE since Monday.

3) No menstrual cramps. I started this on Monday, TOM showed on Tuesday. I am usually on the potty for the first half day (sorry if TMI) but not this time.

4) My skin feels amazing. Again, with the onset of TOM, I usually break out like a teenager, but nothing at all this time.

5) I am regular for the first time in 2 years.

And that is just with three sessions. I love it.

http://www.bikramyoga.com/ Check it out.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Tasha - I finally got to my computer and I :heart: your outfit. It looks fab!!! Pics are too small to see from my iphone. Please send some of your energy my way!!! I applaud you for all the community service that you do. I'm like Lacey and tend to donate money since I can't find the time to do the normal things in my life.

Hosanna - I hope time flies. Thankfully, I've never played Angry Birds or I'd be addicted.

Katheryne - we are still making plans for our Alaska trip. It looks like we will be basing ourselves in Anchorage and staying from Aug 15 to the 29th. How far are you from Anchorage? One of the bookclub members has a son living in Anchorage - hopefully he can me some good advice on what to see and do. I'll take any advice you have too... Esp on the what we must see and do. I'm getting excited and it's still so far away.

Kerry - have a blast at the festival. I normally keep my runs in the 2 to 6 mile range until about 3 months before my next 1/2. Then, I start ramping up my mileage again. Have you signed up for the Traverse City race in May? Have fun at the festival. I'll be drooling in jealousy over your great beer choices!!! I see divorce written all over that marriage...

Jessie - how cool that you get to be with Nerd while he experiences his first big snow storms!!! How's his new job coming along? How are the bunnies?

Sarah (rain) - I can't wait for the weekend either. One more day... Think about joining us with P90X in Jan. I can't keep up the videos and I modify, modify, modify!!! In the 3 weeks I've been doing it, I can tell that I'm going down lower on the push ups and lifting heavier weights (7 to 10 pounds now)...

Hallie - I agree that a personal trainer is an investment in your life. How often to do you meet with the trainer? Would your mom be less sensitive if you cut the time in half - maybe see the trainer once every other week? Most college campus' have great FREE gyms so learning all you can now will help you be more prepared to cont on your own later... "Fly by the night" newbies are ones that ask to join, post 2 or 3 times and we never hear from them again... They are not like the awesome people that choose to stay and keep active in our group. Have you finished the book yet? It may be easier to write once you finish it...

Kendal - my fingers are crossed for you on saving the house. I realize things are getting more serious with Mr. Reunion but try to save the house on just your salary and in just your name. I'd hate to see you rely on his income and have things go sour in 2 years. The government assistance program sounds wonderful. Imagine all the great things that you can do to the house over the next 10 years. If you are set up to function on just your income and Mr. Reunion moves in and things work great, you will be set up to save tons of his salary for your future and for fun trips... YEAH that he will do P90X with you. I can't wait to have fun at the Warrior Dash... I've blocked the July date out on my calender :)

Megan - have a wonderful trip!!! I would have said the F-Word is French Fries (my downfall)....

Lacey - training for long hours just SUCKS!!! My husband was almost in tears last night over the animals getting killed. He just kept saying - they shot a giraffe - what harm is a giraffe going to do to anyone? I see both sides and wish they could have saved more of the animals. I know a lady about 10 miles from me that rehabs wild animals and has a pet Lynx and other exotic animals. She takes them to schools and does educational projects with them. Her kept animals are ones that have been injured and can't make it in the wild.

Amy - you have to come first and if walking Loki is aggravating your neck, you can't do it. It takes tons of time and energy to train an older dog. You are so busy with Gabe and with how often your husband has to leave town - I understand the need for re-homing... Maybe you'll find the perfect place for him...

Annette - I too need to know what going "Ape" is... I always thought it meant going crazy. Have fun with whatever it is and enjoy your hubby's birthday but remember to incorporate your lifestyle changes into things...

Sheeba - what did you decide to do for food intake?

Sarah (wnt) - Enjoy the friend time tomorrow... I'm glad things are calming down for you. The Birkam Yoga sounds fun. Yeah for the hubby joining you on the weight loss/exercise journey. You're such and inspiration!!!

Pam - have fun at water Zumba. Please report back on what it's like... Any runner is a "REAL RUNNER" in my book. It beats sitting on the couch.

Nava - any more word on going to London? I do shop at Kohls too. Make sure to sign up for their credit card. They frequently have % off coupons from 10 to 30%... Every little bit helps. Have fun shopping.

Kristina - where are you? Are you hiding in a hole like Hallie does because you've regressed or is the new job just taking up all your time? I'm throwing out a whip crack to you since you promised to be accountable and you're NOT posting any personal stuff. We appreciate all your effort on the charts but I'd rather have you than a chart.... How's Emma? How's the dating life? How's the job? How's the running? CRACK, CRACK, CRACK!!!

As for me - I ate too much junk food at bookclub last night and skipped exercise yesterday. We had some great discussions on John Grishams "the Confession" about and innocent man being put executed on death row in TX... I just started Bonnie - 3rd in series by Iris Johansen... My Bugg only recorded 2370 cal burned... Today is a new day. I've gotten in 30 min of low impact aerobics with mom. I'm debating between Kenpo X or 2 mile treadmill run tonight. The treadmill may win so that I can keep listening to my book on tape. This weekend is going to be hard since mom and I are taking a bus trip to visit 5 Eagle lodges and sleep at the Mount Pleasant casino... It will be fun but I see bad food and lots of drinking and gambling... I will take my workout clothes and swimsuit to the hotel... Tomorrow is Friday!!!
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    I am SO pumped that both my boss and my coworker aren't here today AND its been pretty slow, so I've had time to stalk this thread for the first time in ages! Yay for active posting! 3 times in one day, baby!

Victoria, I am uber jealous that you are going to Alaska. Its on my bucket list of places to see before I die. But then again, pretty much the whole world is. Lately I have had an obsessions with wanting to visit South Africa. Chris doesn't seem to be on board with that one so much... and thanks for the running advice! I've been feeling like a lazy slacker for only running 2 miles, but then I realize, dude, you're still running 2 miles. And I've usually already got some P90X or 30DS under my belt on those days, so yeah. No guilt for me. I haven't signed up for the Traverse City race yet. I'm not sure what I'm doing... like if I'm going to train for a half again or train for a full, and even then if I am going to actually run in a race. I know that I should, I know that everyone says races are amazing and its totally different than just doing it on your own, but seriously, I'm CHEAP when it comes to working out. Paying to run? I have a REALLY hard time with that. I'll be thinking about you while I drink amazing beers on Saturday, I promise! All this talk from you about listening to books on tape makes me wonder if there is an app for that... like if I can download an app that will let me pay to listen to audiobooks on my cell. That would be awesome for running! Have fun at the casino! I think there are 2 breweries in Mt. Pleasant, in case you're interested. ;)

Sarah, I just looked and there is NO Bikram Yoga studio in the greater Lansing area. BOO! However, I did look and see that the yoga studio around the corner from my house is offering free classes tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. 6AM tomorrow they have a free Power Yoga class, which is described like this:
    "Based on Ashtanga yoga, power yoga is more challenging vinyasa flow class that combines the alignment and deep focus of Iyengar with the fluidity and energy of Ashtanga, using breath as the vehicle. This form of yoga challenges the mind, the body, and the spirit to work as one to detox, heal, and open the individual physically, emotionally and spiritually. Hot power yoga classes are the same format only the room is 5-10 degrees warmer than a traditional power yoga class on our schedule. Intermediate to advanced level class. Not intended for beginning students."
    I think I'm gonna give it a whirl. If it kicks my butt, so be it. I'm nervous about the warning that its not intended for beginning students, since my yoga experience is limited to 20 minute Denise Austin dvds (lol!) back in the day, and now yoga x. We'll see. It'd be my first class, which makes me excited/nervous at the same time.

Nava:
    As for "going ape" I usually say "go apes h i t" which means to either lose it and go totally bonkers crazy, or just have a crazy good time.

Example 1: "That guy cut me off in traffic and I just went apes h i t and gave him the finger."
    Example 2: "It's my birthday today, so I'm just gonna go apes h i t and party till the sun comes up!"

I'm cracking up at this at my desk, btw.
    This TOTALLY cracked me up. Thanks for the awesome laugh! And I agree 100% on liking the way you look in jeans more than slacks. I HATE dress slacks. I have always felt frumpy and weird in them. When going out, I'm a jeans and heels and nice top kinda girl.