Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bumpin for later!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Not trying to knock the recipe but help me out here....

This recipe makes 12 brownies out of an 8x8 pan.
    That means each brownie is less than 1''x 1''??

12 brownies x 88 calories = 1,056 cals for the entire pan.
    If we resize for 8 servings.... 1'' x 1'' in size.... they'd be (1056/8) 132 calories each?
    And if you made bigger brownies.... 2'' x 2''... they'd be (1056/4) 264 calories each??

Someone help me here. I don't bake much. Are my calculations wrong?

You're thinking 1 demensionally I think... total brownie area would be 64 inches... 8 inches on each of the four sides of the pan.

8x8 pan would yield 12 brownies which were 2.66 inches long and 2 inches wide if you cut them exactly evenly (and if my math is right!) :wink:

If you wanted bigger brownies, 8x8 pan divided 8 ways would give you brownies that were 4 inches long and 2 inches wide... BIG brownies! :) This would make them 132 calories a piece.

Yes, if you wanted to eat the entire 8x8 pan, that would be 1,056 calories... which is actually not a bad deal for an entire pan of brownies! Not that I'm recommending that.... :blushing:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    bumping for my topics. Can't wait to try these!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I made these last night. I used whole wheat flour and a little less sugar, and they were good. After a month of being sugar-free, they were a bit too sweet ( did I say that? :noway: ) for me, and I had forgotten what chocolate does to my tummy.:grumble: I think I'll experiment with "blondies" unless someone already has a low-fat recipe.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe these sound awesome! I totally have to make them for my kids.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump but not in my rump :laugh:

These are SO goooooood! :tongue:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth will enjoy this :)
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Sounds good, I gotta try this recipe. I usually take a box of brownie mix and add applesauce to it instead of the oil and water, super low in calories and very good. My husband dont know the difference. But this recipe sounds awesome too! Thx for sharing :)
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    bump
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    just remember folks. Only 88 calories if you stop at one.

I avoid making stuff like that as even low calorie things can trip up your diet when youve got a whole trayful of the things sitting there looking at you
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Heather3186
    Options
    Thanks! sounds delicious!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I really with I could use something other then sugar....I will not use splenda or any other such product......what would happen if I make this without any sugar and just rely on the natural sweetness of the apple sauce?
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Think I'll try this with Stevia insted of sugar!!
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amylala1970
    amylala1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh, I HAVE to try these, thanks!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    bump!!