what advice would you give your 16yo self?

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
?

mine would be: you will not have the fancy career you always thought you'd have, so you can have a little bit more fun in college and not take so many credits.

Replies

• yeaforme
    Options
    Don't look at the boys! Eye on the prize.. Med School Med School Med School!!! I SAID, STOP LOOKING AT THE BOYS!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I had an F'ing blast at 16!!!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    When Carla wants you to leave the party and go see her new car GO!!!!

When the next door neighbor lady says "I had an erotic dream about you last night' RUN!!!

Everything will go better with POT!

Do not steal your best friends girlfrieind in your senior year and marry her.... It will not end well...
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    1. Finish college.

2. Don't get married.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Hmm. I think I would have to say stop being so damn AWKWARD and get out there!
  • Mrrwmoo
    Mrrwmoo Posts: 44
    Options
    Pay attention in AP Calculus so it wouldn't be so difficult in college ;-;
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Me too.. I was way too shy (still am a bit..)

and I'd tell myself to PUT DOWN THE CAKE! no, seriously... I was a fatty and just ate whatever tasted good. :drinker:
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    don't go out with that guy, he is a real douch.

Actually try in highschool and the grandparents will pay and support you through college, even though they said they wouldn't.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options

This. And also when you do finally get out there, don't do what you did at that party. :huh:
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would tell her, "Life is going to be awesome, but it will be completely different than what you expected or planned."

Also, learn calculus NOW.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Boys aren't everything, just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean you drop your friends. And don't do Tony's dare!!!

And pay attention and actually do your homework.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Keep going as you are because you have some good times ahead of you, some difficult but they will make you one strong lady...

oh and invest in a couple of shares in apple, and stick a bet on that man utd will beat liverpool's record of 18 premiership wins in the next 10 years. :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Not much I loved being 16, and I was married at 19 (and we're still married 10 years later ;P)

I would probably tell myself to learn how to properly exercise so that when I was out of school and not on a regular sports team that I would know how to handle that. Lame answer huh?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Be happy at the weight I'm at, because now I'm trying to get back to my 16 y.o. weight!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Take all the money you saved for college and buy Apple stock.
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "You know if you actually study you'll get A's. You shouldn't settle for C's and B's... Oh and I know you want to either go to uni or join the army... Uni was a waste of your time!!! And get on the treadmill you lazy thing."
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Don't worry about what others think of you, just love yourself!
  • seastreifel
    Options
    Self respect is important
    learn to love yourself first
    dont do things just to please others
    take a step back and look at how you act and try to understand how you're going to feel about it later
    pay attention in class and see how easily those grades come
    dont short change yourself and take the easy ways out
    put down the tub of ice cream and learn how to exercise and eat properly NOW rather than struggling to fix your bad habits LATER!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Spend more time with Grandma, she won't be around for many more years. :brokenheart:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Everything will go better with POT!

yes. and also, those popular girls who look down their noses at you are only popular because they put out. and it shows years down the line when they're run down.