Sexy in Six Round 2 ***closed group*** Week 3

Options

Replies

• StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?

Nope, just the mirror! :wink:

IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?

Not especially. Like some others, there are ones that get me moving, but that's pretty much it.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?

Sorry for being behind! Two of my best friends who were just as sick as me for just as long, both of whom i was in treatment with multiple times. One of them has a beautiful family of 3 children and a loving husband and has recovered completely and leads such a happy life. And even more so, the closer of the two friends who we really never knew if she'd pull out of it. Not only did she come out of it but she just gave birth to her first absolutely gorgeous baby girl and loves the life she leads. I don't concentrate on their weight. I just know that they are healthy and happy that's so much of what i want.

That being said, i will be honest and say that i am my biggest inspiration because of what i have been through in the past. I messed with my body for so long, going in and out of recovery from my eating disorder, and now I just want to want to love what i see in the mirror. i've learned to be pretty ok with myself no matter what but that's not good enough- i want to be able to feel PROUD when I get dressed and take pictures and see my reflection.

My other motivaton is my fiancee, Jon. He loves me so much, and i know it truly is that love where it doesn't matter what i look like- he will always love me. Because of that, i want to look and feel good for him. Having ahigher self-esteem definitely makes our relationship better and i know his favorite visual of me was in a paricular bikini at a particular time, when we first started dating. i can't wait to put that bathing suit on and make him faint!

2nd QOTD for Wednesday: Is there a song, movie, poem, or painting that has inpired you in your weight goal quest?

I REALLY like this question but I'm going to have to think. I will most certainly come back with my answer later. can't wait to see Thursday QOTD!

Keep going, you awesome, sexy ladies. This is OUR time to shine!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Real wednesday question of the day

I have always loved the song "Happy" by leona lewis and it always inspires me to do things for me and not for other people, and to focus on my happiness

Someone once told me that you have to choose
    What you win or lose
    You can't have everything
    Don't you take chances
    Might feel the pain
    Don't you love in vain
    Cause love won't set you free
    I can't stand by the side
    And watch this life pass me by
    So unhappy
    But safe as could be

[Chorus:]
    So what if it hurts me?
    So what if I break down?
    So what if this world just throws me off the edge
    My feet run out of ground
    I gotta find my place
    I wanna hear my sound
    Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    Cause i'm just trying to be happy, yeah
    Just wanna be happy, yeah

[Verse 2:]
    Holding on tightly
    Just can't let it go
    Just trying to play my role
    Slowly disappear, ohh
    But all these days, they feel like they're the same
    Just different faces, different names
    Get me out of here
    I can't stand by your side, ohh no
    And watch this life pass me by, pass me by

So what if it hurts me?
    So what if I break down?
    I gotta find my place
    I wanna hear my sound
    Cause i'm just trying to be happy, ohh, happy, ohh

[Bridge:]
    So any turns that I can't see,
    like I'm a stranger on this road
    But don't say victim
    Don't say anything

So what if it hurts me?
    So what if I break down?
    I gotta find my place
    I wanna hear my sound

[Outro:]
    I just wanna be happy
    Ohh, yeah, happy, ohh, happy
    I just wanna be, ohh
    I just wanna be happy
    Ohh, happy
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Real question

LADIES WORKOUT TO THIS SONG DURING THE HARDEST PART OF YOUR WORKOUT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&feature=related

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly I pay to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah This is how I roll, animal print, pants out control, It's real fool with the big afro They like Bruce lee rock at the club.
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out.
    When I walk in the spot, this is what I see Everybody stops and they staring at me I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it.
    I'm sexy and I know it (x2)
    When I'm at the moss, purity just can't fight them off When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks. This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service. [ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/sexy-and-i-know-it-lyrics-lmfao.html ]
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out
    When I walk in the spot, this is what I see Everybody stops and they staring at me I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it.
    I'm sexy and I know it (x2)
    Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah (x3)
    I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT...
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out

Copied from MetroLyrics.com
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    2nd QOTD for Wednesday: Is there a song, movie, poem, or painting that has inpired you in your weight goal quest?

Not really. But I do notice that I run faster when I am listening to my Lady Gaga playlist. Now she has a body that I would kill for!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Real Wednesday QOTD: Not really anything that has inspired me to lose weight, but when I'm working out I listen to Eminem, Nickelback, anything that has a hard beat to it.

canidoit11 - I love that song!!!!!! The first time I heard it I was with my DD14. I thought both of us were going to pee ourselves we were laughing so hard! And I was driving!

One of the poems I have haning the wall in my office is by Shel Silverstein

Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
    Layin' in the sun,
    Talkin' bout the things
    They woulda-coulda-shoulda done....
    But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
    All rany away and hid
    From one little did.

It reminds me to do it instead of talk about it.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wed QOTD: Inspired by my friend Kimberly who has lost weight slowly and consistently over the last 18 months and looks FABULOUS!

Real Wed QOTD: Song etc of inspiration " Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. My "giant" that mocked me was always my (I thought) losing battle to lose weight and keep it off... but now I listen to the Voice of Truth...and my MFP friends :flowerforyou:

Voice Of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
    The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
    Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
    To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
    And He's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
    Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
    The waves they keep on telling me
    Time and time again. 'Boy, you'll never win!'
    "You'll never win"

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
    And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!"
    And the voice of truth says "This is for My glory"
    Out of all the voices calling out to me
    I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have
    The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
    With just a Sling and a stone
    Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
    Shaking in their armor
    Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
    Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
    The giant keeps on telling me
    Time and time again "boy, you'll never win!
    "You'll never win"

But the stone was just the right size
    To put the giant on the ground
    And the waves they don't seem so high
    From on top of them looking down
    I will soar with the wings of eagles
    When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
    Singing over me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues

For me - I want to lose weight for myself! I want to feel sexy and beautiful again! I miss feeling like this and I know that the weight is what keeps me from feeling like that!
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?

I love Beyonce - when I work out I like to listen to Party with West and Andre 3000 but I also like her song Flaws and all.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry it took me this long to post the question. I had a really long day and just got back in from riding!! Sorry, sorry, sorry!!!

QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As for me (obviously by my late question) you can tell I don't have much free time. But in my spare time I like to catch up on reading books and socializing with friends. We go out and watch movies and just like to enjoy each others company away from school. I also like to pay some attention to my dog who gets neglected all school year long (which is ironic since I'm in vet school)
    Sorry again y'all I just had a rough day and it completely slipped my mind!
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love that woulda shoulda coulda poem, thanks for sharing!!!

I don't have a poem / movie / song, but i am inspired but an actress/singer...Jenifer Hudson! i have a pic of her from the Grammy's in a gorge versace dress on my wall at school!!

I'm in grad school so that takes up a lot of time! i usually use the rest to relax! watch tv, read mag-os, socialize with friends and family ect. I used to be an intramural bball team which was awesome, i would also consider biking a hobby, since it's not in the gym does it count? ;) I also used to volunteer for stuff, in undergrad i ran a charitable organization which had two major events a year! When i finish school i would to volunteer again, learn a new language and take hip hop lessons!!!
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    HAHA sorry i'm sooo tired, that post was full of typos, sorrrry!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

Well, okay, I count Zumba as something I enjoy. I am really not someone who likes working out, but I totally love Zumba. Other than that, most of my time is spent with friends and family and/or church. I am a writer too. And, really MFP and weight loss related stuff is something I enjoy in some aspect. Oh, and I'm starting to date again and that's always fun :wink: . Actually, I was really hoping Fridays QOTD would already be posted since I don't know if I'll be around (due to tomorrow night's date :bigsmile: ).
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Between school work and working out, there isn't a ton of extra time for me, but I do play the French horn, and that takes up most of the little time I have left. I go out with friends quite a bit, but they LOVE to go out to eat, so that can be a problem...
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QOTD: OTHER HOBBIES

love to sing and play piano. especially today after school. love having a keyboard in my room when i get frustrated and wanna quit teaching altogether, i just pull out my hymn book and have some Jesus and me time :) it reminds me of the gifts He's given me and how i've been called to share them with others.

i also love to watch movies from netflix. if i had the money, time, and calories i would sooo go to the movies every weekend and go all out with the popcorn/chocolate/ and drink. like the whole movie experience. fun fun fun
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Real QOTD Wednesday--IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?

There isn't really one thing but I did find a couple qoutes that I like
    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to state" -John bingham
    "Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell and rose again"

That is a hard one. My hubbs and I are into drag racing. We both used to race our own cars but now we don't do much of it because of his work schedule. Other than that I just like doing anything with my family.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    THursday QOTD: Hobbies & non weight loss related activities

I love to read. I enjoy worship flagging but haven't been able to do much since my wrist started givng me trouble, just starting to ease back into it now. Enjoy helping with Alpha and follow up studies. Also really enjoyed doing counted cross stitch before the werist stuff as well. I am not a particularly gifted singer, but I love to sing worship songs. I also enjoy my time in the car twhen I can sing to my hearts content when I listen to KLOVE or other good radion stations. Oh and I LOVE being with my 6 month old granddaughter!!
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 2 songs that do it for me...
    the first is One Republic - Good Life
    and the second is Coldplay - Fix you!
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options

We're living in Germany right now so in my spare time- with my husband and son, on the weekends we like to go site seeing, go to all the festivals and the Xmas Bazaars.
    During the week, while my husband is working, I like to wake up, catch up on some of my TV shows, then when my son gets up, I like to take him to the park or meet up with some of my friends.
    I love to read, but since we moved here last November, I haven't opened a book. I think I might get back to that. I had my next book sitting there in line- "Desiree" , I guess I'll give ya'll an update next week if I opened it!