Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #13

Options

Replies

• Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So this week I started 30 day shred along with Turbofire - again! :laugh: And I must say that after all that I feel amazing! I'm hoping the week continues this way and I don't hit rock bottom one again :grumble:

I've never considered meditation. Reason being I can't shut my mind off, but I will definately try. I'm sure it will help with the constant stress in life.

I started Turbo Fire this week also! This is like my 4th time starting so my goal is to make it a whole month Lol.

Lol I would LOVE to make it through a month at least! I've started and stopped so many times, and have only gotten through the first week after all those attempts!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    2 days in a row under my calories?!?!?!?! :happy: :happy: Maybe if I'm good again tomorrow, the scale will be nice on Friday! :noway: And I managed to down 80oz of water today. Yipee!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    We are in the process of adopting our son. He has been living with us since March, and our lives have taken a definite change with a new member in the family. He was in my 3rd grade classroom last school year, and it was heartbreaking to see him shifted from family to family with promises of adoption but no follow throughs with a permanent home for him. This Thursday we have our first court date and get one step closer to permanency. We are pretty excited as a family.

And -- really -- all of that is to lead up to some of the lessons we have been working with him on coming back to preaching to myself. I have really been emphasizing "with priviledges comes responsibilities" as well as "choices have consequences." The more I think about it the priviledge of indulging in a treat once in a while comes with the responsibility of portion control and exercise. The choices I make everyday about what I will pick up to eat, how much I eat, when, how long, or if I exercise all come with consequences. Some are wonderful consequences which we refer to as NSVs while others often send me into despair.

I am tired of making excuses for myself because I have seen myself slip from excuses to not really caring so many times in the past. One thing I have loved about MFP is that I don't feel like I have to feel guilty for an off day, since one day does not have to break the lifestyle I have chosen. I didn't gain the weight over night. I won't lose it overnight. But - over time developing a habit of healthy choices will take it off bit by bit.

These are some of my motivators. I hope they can help encourage you too.:heart::heart:

Beautiful! And what a lucky boy he is to get a mom like you :heart:
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So sorry darlin'
    Been seriouly ill-mostly alot of pain and dealing with new changes and more PT.
    Three more herinated discs in my neck.My scale is needing batteries so going to post my current doctors weight till I get to the store.
    CW:(doc) 319
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi there ~ Molly - Oh my...so sorry you are having such physical challenges. I will be thinking of you and hoping things ease up for you soon. Do your best and don't be hard on yourself...pain can really put a person in a bad place. I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

I am excited... I went to running class last night and the teacher bumped the run time up!!!!!! He said tonight we will run 9 mins!!!!!!! I didn't know what to do! Of course the class is getting smaller and smaller so my slow speed would really stand out. But really I was OK and thought "let's do this!!" So we walked to warm up then the teacher yells "TIME" off we went. I was thinking oh gosh can I do it, what am I going to have for dinner, oh gosh is has only been a minute, then I just focused on running to the next lamp post or street and then he yelled 'TIME".....I thought wow that hasn't been 9 mins! We walked a minute and then started again. I DID IT!!! We had to tackle small bridges with hills the smell of people fixing dinner and the great feeling off well worked muscles..oh sweat too! I was really proud of myself.

Then I ended up getting a turkey burger and stopping at a friends house before going to my Dad's. I watched the end of the Biggest Loser with my friends and then they were going for a 2 mile walk. I said, "I'll go with you!!" I pushed them to walk faster and I even did some more running. Felt fantastic.

I am not telling this story to brag or to get a pat on the back..... I just want you to remember how nervous I was when I started this class. I had trouble running 1 min!!!!!! I couldn't imagine running 1 mile!!!!! I am now there I CAN!!!!! If there is something you are thinking of trying but not sure you can.....PLEASE push yourself to give it a try!!!! YOU CAN!!!

Sorry I am really turning into a work out dork! I don't mean to preach. I just want to share this great feeling.

Have a Great Day
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Wow Jenn those lyrics really hit home. Living paycheck to paycheck is my way of
    Life. If it werent for making tips idk how I would survive. Unfortunately living this way doesn't help my diet. Some people who think oh that means you don't eat slot which would make you lose, but while the not eating slot
    Is true, losing is still not easy. I find my car in the drive through almost every night grabbing dollar burgers or 5$ pizzas . I can't wait to get out of this struggle but idk how yet.

I dont know if it counts as meditation but last night I found myself struggling to fall asleep. I shut the tv off and while laying there I felt my mind start to wonder, but I decided to turn it off too. I started taking deep breaths and
    Focusing on my breathing and before I knew it I was relaxed enough to drift asleep. :-)
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Wow Jenn those lyrics really hit home. Living paycheck to paycheck is my way of
    Life. If it werent for making tips idk how I would survive. Unfortunately living this way doesn't help my diet. Some people who think oh that means you don't eat slot which would make you lose, but while the not eating slot
    Is true, losing is still not easy. I find my car in the drive through almost every night grabbing dollar burgers or 5$ pizzas . I can't wait to get out of this struggle but idk how yet.

I dont know if it counts as meditation but last night I found myself struggling to fall asleep. I shut the tv off and while laying there I felt my mind start to wonder, but I decided to turn it off too. I started taking deep breaths and
    Focusing on my breathing and before I knew it I was relaxed enough to drift asleep. :-)

It is not easy living paycheck to paycheck but you can do it. Try to stay away from the drive through and weight loss will get easier. As for the meditation, you hit it. It's nice to relax like that. Take care and in time everything will fall in line. Keep your chin up :)
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that the 2lb I gained last week are already gone plus another one. Monday is my official weigh in day, so we shall see how it goes then.

I'm away for the next week at the in laws which will be a testing time - difficult to do my preferred form of exercise (30 DS) as there is nowhere with enough space except the living room and I don't really fancy doing it in front of everyone! I'm going to take it anyway and try to do it before anyone else is up if possible. I will also walk the dog 3 times a day as the kids will be too busy with granny to notice I'm not there! My problem will be the food - my mil cooks with lots of salt and lots of fat and her portion sizes are enormous! I'lll have to stop eating when my body tells me I've had enough and try and log food daily but the orange mobile signal is terrible round there - I might have to try while I'm out for my walk.

In short, I need to stay strong and work as hard as I can to stay on track. I can do it, it is only one week!

SArah
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Judy - your posts always make me feel so cheery! :smile:

Had an ok day today. Not bad, but not as good as the last two. Hopefully the scale will reflect my new-and-improved effort from this week! If I see 158 - 160 again, I might just cry. :cry: Just give me a 157.8 I don't care! haha I'll take the .2! :smile: So, fingers crossed!

:flowerforyou:
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    134 today!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    CW: 158.8... kind of disappointed, but at the same time, it means my gain is finally gone.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cw = 167.2 :)
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    165.2 not that happy with it but I'm just going to continue to work on it.
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Man, I totally forgot about MFP this last week.

Starting on this Tuesday evening, my dog tried to commit suicide by eating destitin. She puked 6 times in my bedroom and 4 times in the hallway. Thankfully, she's ok.

Then on Wenesday, on the way to take my daughter to the dr, I hit a curb and blew the sidewall out of my front passenger side tire and put a bulge in the back passenger side tire. So, I had to buy two new tires. But, thankfully, I have a lifetime warranty on the tires, so I just had to pay the deductable for both of then instead of having to pay full price. But, my daughter has a terrible diaper rash and has to use some special cream on her tushie until it heals. And to top it all off, I have an inner ear and out ear infection in both of my ears and asthamic bronchitis. And all of this listed happened on Wednesday. It was a pretty crappy day.

BUUUUUUUT, my CW is.... Drumroll please.... 174.5lb! I finally broke the 10lb mark!!!!! I've been more aware of what I'm eating and trying to keep up with a very mobile 1 year old. It felt SOOOOO good to see that number on the scale this morning! I've been at a plateau and I just couldn't get over it, but now that the scale is starting to move again, I'm even more motiviated than ever!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    CW: 160.0
    Thats a 3.2 pound drop from last week!! So excited 10 more pounds to go!! Anyways I am hoping its not stress, had a crazy week full of arguments, bad news, and just feeling helpless..but I have watched what I have eaten and tried to exercise and changed all the exercise! Looks like we all have had a crazy week!!
  • PositivePower
    Options
    :happy: Happy Friday!!! Busy day today..not feeling great but have to push on...work, meetings, football, take care of Dad, then sleep over at my sisters to prep for garage sale tomorrow. I hate garage sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if it's worth it..but we need to move stuff out from my Dad's

Mel ~ Thanks so much for the nice words :bigsmile: I want you to keep pushing I see weight loss in your future :flowerforyou:

Johanna ~ i so know what you mean about $$ and food. The chicken salad or sandwich is $4-5 and the yummy burger is .99 - 2.00!!!! Not cool....but it would be best to stay away... if you have to maybe take off the top bun to save some calories...maybe no cheese :mad: Just make some calorie adjustments. Packing your food might be the very best idea. I know it's a pain and takes time...but that way you can really count. And when you are portioning...it lasts longer....rather that eating half the bag/bottle. Also on a different note....I have gotten into some couponing...it does take some time but you can really save some big money. Last week there was a Biggest Loser Entree coupon....I'm going to give that a try. You can do it!

S Sampley ~ Sorry your week was stressful - but you will be in the 150's like next week!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it!

APO_Katie ~ Good job on the #10 - sorry for your hard week...hope the dog and baby are doing better...not to mention you floor from the dogs deposit!!:frown:

Have a great day CCC

BTW........CW 184!!!!! 1.6 loss :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • PositivePower
    Options
    I'm happy to report that the 2lb I gained last week are already gone plus another one. Monday is my official weigh in day, so we shall see how it goes then.

I'm away for the next week at the in laws which will be a testing time - difficult to do my preferred form of exercise (30 DS) as there is nowhere with enough space except the living room and I don't really fancy doing it in front of everyone! I'm going to take it anyway and try to do it before anyone else is up if possible. I will also walk the dog 3 times a day as the kids will be too busy with granny to notice I'm not there! My problem will be the food - my mil cooks with lots of salt and lots of fat and her portion sizes are enormous! I'lll have to stop eating when my body tells me I've had enough and try and log food daily but the orange mobile signal is terrible round there - I might have to try while I'm out for my walk.

In short, I need to stay strong and work as hard as I can to stay on track. I can do it, it is only one week!

SArah

Sarah ~ You can do it!!!! Can you still log in while you are away????? Maybe focus on logging all your food...every bite..sometimes that helps me not eat because I don't want to look it up or log it in. But this is where you have to be totally honest :indifferent: You can!!!!! Good Luck :bigsmile:

Kristin ~ Are you doing OK????

Bye for real this time :laugh:
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week, so I am still
    CW 220.6
    I weighed myself on my friends scales this morning and I thought I had put on half a lbs but just weighed on mine and I was the same which is a bit of a relief not as good as a loss granted but still.

However I am going to have to hit the gym tomorrow, as I will be going to watch NFL at Wembley this weekend and no healthy choices there I am affraid so will have to try and be super good for the rest of the week.

I haven't been able to meditate I am affraid, I get too distracted by things and if there is nothing to distract me I just talk to myself in my head so that for me didn't go to well.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and I hope to see lots more losses when I get back on Monday.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    gennybunny1 and Judy thank you for the kind words. I will say that I do log everything I eat so even though it isn't always the healthiest I still log and try not to go over calories. Having a pretty good day hopping to keep it that way
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    First plateau is finally over! :-) YEA! So excited. I weighed in today (a day earlier than normal), just to see, and I'm now at 165.6. That makes me super happy. :bigsmile:

I didn't get to work out yesterday and won't be able to today either, as I hurt my knee. Twinged it a little bit. Iced, elevated, and took ibuprofen yesterday. It's feeling a lot better today. I have to work football concessions tonight, so that'll be my workout. We're so busy at football concessions, we don't even have time to stop for a minutes rest, so it will be good. Hopefully my knee will last.

I went back to week 12 (the one week I missed) and read everybody's posts. WOW...so much going on. Some good, some very sad, some frustrations, some heart-warming stories. You are all really great people. I admire each of you for everything you do and everything you face, so my hats off to all of you. Here's a little prayer for each of you to hold onto today and everyday.

:heart:
    Christine

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."