what advice would you give your 16yo self?

Options
124»

Replies

• tashajayne2011
    Options
    Your mothers mistakes needn't be something you have to pay for later. You are not her and although she plays a good game she is selfish. Cut all ties and walk away from her. Concentrate on yourself and on school - and find yourself somwhere to live cus shes about to be evicted.
    Dan is an idiot, forget him.
    Do NOT sleep with that guy in 2 years who seems so nice now, but if you do then fine but you are right, you should keep the baby - He will change your life for the better more than you can ever imagine. Despite what everyone else says he makesyour life, he does not ruin it
    leave his dad the moment your test comes positive though - if you don't then you WILL get hurt and he will try to hurt your child.
    Start Saving. Your Aunt is moving to Australia and sooner or later the loss will feel unbearable and you will want to join her there.

Yes, the guy you meet in 4 years is the one. At least, 9 years on he seems to be, trust him. He deserves it. :) Oh and prepare yourself cus you are going to have a little girl who is smarter than you are and will steal your heart :)

PS. turns out you cannot eat anything you like and not put on weight - don't get lazy when you learn to drive.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say anything, I'd just smack that cheeeburger out of my hand then across the face.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Knowing what I know now -- I wouldn't waste my breath trying to give some smart *ss kid advice. I wouldn't have listened. I already knew it all.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1) listen to your father. He's always right.
    2)GO TO COLLEGE!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "Don't try to be someone you're not.
    Quit hanging out with the hoes (because you're certainly not one!),
    stop skipping classes,
    just because the food is there, doesn't mean you have to eat it.
    Hang out with Grandma more."
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    quit dating this *kitten*, you can do better!!
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i would smack the cookies out of my hands and give myself a nice kick in the pants to get my but to the gym. also tell myself when you are 19 your sister brings home a friend of hers from work and calls you to come over and meet her..... RUN THE OTHER WAY FAST..... it does not turn out good at all.....
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Do not let the racial makeup of the basketball team deter you from trying out. Focus on the sport you love and practice, practice, practice. Hanging out with the burn out crowd and blowing off school is a bad idea.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Eat a salad instead of a McDonald's double cheeseburger everytime you get stoned.

Don't sleep with the guy you like over and over until he dumps his "new girlfriend" and commits to you..
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    "Listen kid, this is you in the future. Stay true to yourself & your dreams. They aren't impossible, but will take a lot of hard work & determination to get there. You won't regret it."
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Talk to someone about the trauma that you are going through. His death is going to make you so much stronger. Sad lesson to learn, but you will make your life so much better after you get through the PTS.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Instead of staying out late partying, go to bed early and enjoy the sleep while you can. There will come a time in your life that you wake up every couple hours to take a pee.
  • kmchi
    kmchi Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't have babies til you're 30. Don't go to college when you're a teenager. Travel the world, live life, then see what you want to do for a living. THEN settle down and have a family. Date your husband, even after you're married.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Do not pull the trigger. No woman is worth 10 years in prison.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Use a condom every time, or you'll end up a father before you're ready. Wash your face better, and don't pick at the acne. Stop thinking Medical School and start thinking Nursing School (I do so LOVE my career) so you don't waste time; you'll end up doing that anyway.