Sexy in Six Round 2 ***closed group*** Week 3

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

Unfortunately, I don't have much spare time these days. Even when I had spare time, I didn't have many hobbies, haha. One of the things that I like to do involves weight loss, actually. Going to my kickboxing class is a way for me to get away and do something that is all mine for 45 minutes to an hour.

Hmmm...other than fitness, I really enjoy riding. Motorcycles, not horses (though I would love riding horses if I had access!)
    We took a trip to Tennessee and North Carolina last April for nothing but an extended weekend of riding and it was beautiful. If anyone here is a rider, Deals Gap may be familiar to you. An 11 mile stretch with 318 curves, and it is GORGEOUS. There are a lot of photographers set up at various points, snapping pics to sell on their websites. Great motivation for when I return ;)
    [/quote]

QOTD Friday: Since it's Friday, a fun question: Who is your style icon? Who's look do you admire, and how do you emulate it? This can include a fitness role model, but doesn't have to.

Oh my gosh, I am so out of touch with the world of anything fashion. I really don't know if there's one specific person that I have ever tried to model my look after. I like a lot of different styles. I will say that I always enjoyed seeing Sarah Jessica Parker's crazy outfits while on Sex & The City - not that I could have ever pulled half of them off. ;)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday: Since it's Friday, a fun question: Who is your style icon? Who's look do you admire, and how do you emulate it? This can include a fitness role model, but doesn't have to.

Honestly, no icon in particular but i love to wear cute yet a little bit sexy dresses. so comfy. i have an obsession with heels, much to the chagrin of my fiancee who is only 5' 9.5"-ish. I love assymetrical things- you know, one shoulder tops, for example, and shirts or dresses with a deep cut in the back (lol, back cleavage, some call it). my biggest style representation is accesories. I love big cocktail rings, earrings and unique necklaces.

That being said though, i get much more creative clothes-wise when i like how my body looks. I like jeans with a nice shirt or even a tee shirt with heels or sneakers for work, depending on the day.

Can't wait to buy more clothes and fit into some of my favorites that have become too small! (i have a couple of tube tops that i want to look good in again. no arm fat hanging out, etc)
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    how are we posting weigh ins?? Is there a spreadsheet?

Yes, Peanut will post a link as soon as she can and once she gets everyone's information, the results are posted in a chart (like the one on page one of this thread) usually by sunday or monday. :)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

Depending on the time of year in the fall and winter I cross stitch and read and in the spring and summer I'm usually outside in my garden.

No one style I piece together what I like for my own look.
  • slender_sunshine
    Options
    QOTD Friday: Since it's Friday, a fun question: Who is your style icon? Who's look do you admire, and how do you emulate it? This can include a fitness role model, but doesn't have to

I don't really have one. I like a wide range of different styles, but don't really have the money right now to do any serious clothes shopping (and I wouldn't want to until I'm near or at my goal anyways) so I exist mostly in work clothes or jeans and t-shirts. I will say that I like to browse clothing on Modcloth.com.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would say i have a style icon, i do love fashion magazines though! i just buy what i like, and do wear a lot of dresses!! i also love jewellery-i'm really digging the bow and keys designs out there right now!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love to read and am usually reading something on my Kindle. I love all their free books, and most of them have been pretty good! I am a big daytime tv junkie. I admittedly watch Anderson Cooper and Dr. Phil every day. I'm also a big sucker for People's Court and Judge Judy. Then after dinner, I love to watch Jeopardy and whatever reality tv show is on: Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser, Survivor, Big Brother, etc. It's terrible, but I'm usually hooked. :laugh: Oh, and I love playing games on my phone. My favorite is probably Mahjong Solitaire.
    Okay this is silly. But I am in love with J-Lo. Everytime I see her commercial for her Kohl's line, I start to drool. The clothes are so cute! Plus J-Lo has a rockin body, so I wouldn't mind looking like her either! As a fellow big booty girl, she's my current style icon! Other than her, I love Marilyn Monroe. She wasn't a size 00 but she embraced her curves and her beauty. She showed everyone that sexy does not equal stick.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options

When i have spare time, I run, play w/my kids, read, socialize w/friends. i can't wait to have spare time again.

Friday: I don't really emulate anyone or have a style icon . . . . . . . I am me :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTH Style Icon?

Would you believe Lady Gaga? Not!!!!

Actually no style icon, I do however enjoy watching What Not to Wear and getting ideas and tips on what will look good. I love how they celebrate bodies however they look.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY QOTD: STYLE ICON

i have a horrible sense of fashion. i usually like one piece dresses and 2 piece work clothes. i hardly ever layer or mix/match colors..lol maybe i'll learn one day. but if i did have fashion sense i would prolly follow my favorite actress: angelina jolie
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: I love Kim Kardashian! I think her style is so cute also her body is sexy!
  • thardin323
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for accepting me on the Red Team!! I am just getting started, so be patient with me. I look forward to getting to know you all and exchanging motivation!!

Have a great weekend.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Can't really say that there is somebody I emulate or anything. I've never been all that into celebrities etc. I just go to the store and pick things I like.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options

It does take up a lot of my time - I hadn't really appreciated how much! Outside of the gym - I'm yet to pluck up the courage to join a gym, so I don't really know what one looks like. What do I like to do? I like walking in the countryside, exploring, travelling, meeting friends and drinking coffee, and being with my family!!!!

STYLE ICON? Ho ho.....well, I went for Helen Mirren when we were asked about body shape. But inside me I think there is an elegant Bohemian trying to emerge - maybe Cher?!!!!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Real question

LADIES WORKOUT TO THIS SONG DURING THE HARDEST PART OF YOUR WORKOUT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&feature=related

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly I pay to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah This is how I roll, animal print, pants out control, It's real fool with the big afro They like Bruce lee rock at the club.
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out.
    When I walk in the spot, this is what I see Everybody stops and they staring at me I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it.
    I'm sexy and I know it (x2)
    When I'm at the moss, purity just can't fight them off When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks. This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service. [ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/sexy-and-i-know-it-lyrics-lmfao.html ]
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out
    When I walk in the spot, this is what I see Everybody stops and they staring at me I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it.
    I'm sexy and I know it (x2)
    Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah (x3)
    I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT...
    Girl look at that body (x3) I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out I work out Girl look at that body (x3) I work out

Copied from MetroLyrics.com

Just watched the link - hilarious! Not my kind of music though x
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD- Outside of exercising I like to cook (part of why I have to exercise! :) ), ride horses, kayak, backpack...pretty much anything outside! Taking the dogs to the lake or dog park is fun! Hanging out with my family. And catching bugs!!! Which happens to go really well with everything else that i like to do. I also really like to read and do crafts but those have lately been put on the back burner.

Friday QOTD-I don't think I really have anyone famous that I want to be like. It seems that lately I admire the more classical styles vs the funky dressed actresses. Classic is beautiful. Not that I'm apposed to adding your own flavor! I do love funky shoes!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Late on the Friday QOTD: (Whoops!) I like the style of people like Anne Hathaway and Zooey Deschenel, but I don't really emulate anyone per se. I'm not really fashion forward and can most likely be found in jeans and a t-shirt. When I do dress up though, I like classic outfits usually with A-line skirts.
  • TanyaPearce
    Options
    Monday QOTD: I find that cross training is a great way to burn calories and tone. Having stations that you rotate between. Lifting the weights help tone and the constant moving is a great cardiovascular workout. It is easy to do in a gym setting but I am trying to figure out how to so it in the home setting. Haven't quite figured that out yet.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    I'm so sorry I've been gone, lovely ladies! I've been good. I had a wonderful weekend with some out-of-town family (including my sweet 7-month old cousin, as it was her baptism- nothing could have made me happier :happy: ). Had some delicious meals and did a lot better than I thought I would. It was great- and I did my workouts at night still! Lol, kinda proud of myself Worried to see the number this week because I know I've been doing all the right things, but I don't necessarily feel different.::sigh:: easy to listen to that stupid tape in my head. Until I see the number, I guess i'll just keep on going!

Are there QOTDs for Monday and Tuesday?