Fish!

Options
I wanna start eating fish! I just started eating sushi and love it! I am looking for some easy thing to fix with a mild taste! Of course it needs to be healthy :)

Thanks!

Replies

• cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    I was going to say - anything with Wasabi is yum.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Just about any fish is healthy.

I like to grill up tuna steaks, or mahi mahi. I like them plain off the grill, don't need any toppings.

Until a few months ago I never ate fish, now I love it. Pretty convenient, considering how good they are for ya!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday night is fish night in my house.
    I buy fresh fish fillets & run them under water & then coat them in breadcrumbs. I put them under the grill. It doesn't take long to cook & it's lovely & tender. My flatmate isn't a fish fan but he enjoys it like that.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    We love fish taco's and put just a little cabbage in with them....so yummy!
    We have two favorite fishes to use tilapia and halibut. It can be fresh, or breaded...but it's higher in calories.
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    As the person above mentioned, I like Tilapia. It tastes great without being too fishy and can be prepared many ways. I typically bake the fillets after seasoning them with Mrs. Dash, lemon pepper or any variety of seasonings besides salt. Occasionally, I'll make fish tacos with it. I also like Salmon. It can be pricey, but it's really a great source of protein.
  • Tjkramer95
    Options
    You can buy frozen Tilapia and Orange Roughy fillets fairly cheaply (for fish) and they are easy to steam or saute without being thawed first. I'll cook it with a bit of Smart Beat Olive Oil spread, lemon juice and pepper. It flakes very easily once cooked, so I'll flake it and then put it over some spinach and/or arugula with a teaspoon of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar.

As several others mentioned, after you flake it, also great in tortillas as a taco. I usually use some of the broccoli slaw as the topping because I don't really like broccoli, but that is an easy tasty way to eat it and it is so good for you.

Hope these ideas help!!
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Grouper is another good fish that is very mild tasting and easily grilled, broiled, or baked.
  • Tjkramer95
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I made a great find there today. They have a frozen blend of shrimp, scallops and calamari rings. I'm going to try that on salads this week for dinner rather than the orange roughy.
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I wanna start eating fish! I just started eating sushi and love it! I am looking for some easy thing to fix with a mild taste! Of course it needs to be healthy :)

Thanks!

Mahi Mahi is a very mild tasting fish.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i eat A LOT of mahi mahi soft tacos. mahi mahi, ton of spinach, habenero, salsa. love it.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I like haddock with some herbs on top and chucked in the oven xx
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    We love Tilapia filets, sprinkle with a mixture of little seasalt, pepper, mince garlic and bake them on a sheet in the oven.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My kids' favorite is tilapia. I sprinkle it with some Old Bay seasoning and Parmesan cheese (I like the three cheese blend that you put on spaghetti). I bake it for about 20 minutes and they will chow it down! Sometimes, for a change of pace, I'll sauté it in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil (after seasoning it with Old Bay).