MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/23-10/29

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: October 23, 2011 to October 29, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Only 5 days and I'll have done all 30 days. But I am going to finish up this week. So it will be 31DS :smile:
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips)
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages

Let's have a great week everyone!
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think my food is under control, but I haven't started exercising yet. My challange is to do a minimum of 30 minutes for 3 days of either a stationary bike, walking or a workout dvd by Saturday night.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week
    1. 30 DS - level 1 and start level 2
    2. Do 2 Billy Blancks workouts
    3. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water
    4. Do 10 Walk at home miles.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY on our group no matter what type of day I've had!

Keeping the same for this week as well, as they are going pretty well and I'd like to make a habit of that!:wink:
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my goal is to drink 3.5litres of water every day! I have managed 3 days so i'm sure I can do 7!
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. This is my first official week at MFP.

My goals for this week....

Nutrition goal: Log daily and stay within calorie limit.
    Exercise goal: Walk 5000 steps a day (working up to 10000 steps)
    Water: Drink 60 oz a day.
    Give up regular soda.

I have over 100 pounds to lose but I don't plan on focusing on the weight...I plan on focusing on small goals each week and I know that the pounds will eventually come off. I'm thrilled I found this thread!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    wow! so many new people! Welcome to the best group, everyone! :flowerforyou:

After last week's disaster :noway: (just in terms of mini-goals), I'm ready to get back in the game:

1- Follow Chalean X schedule - rescheduled everything to fit my new class schedule

2- 8 glasses of water/day - this is becoming difficult now that it's starting to get cold.

3- 5 fruits/veggies per day

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers.Thanks MAK-01 for starting the thread.
    Goals for 10/23- 10/29
    1-Be more focussed meal to meal about the food choices.
    2-Workout 4-5 days each week
    3- Log on to this forum everyday.

Hearts desire I am taking a few of your goals to see if this will help me.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hooray for the new thread!!
    :flowerforyou:Welcome welcome to all the new Mini-Goal Challengers:flowerforyou:

My week is Mon-Sun. New goals for the week will look suspiciously like the goals for last week, since I am still working on making these positive, healthier lifestyle habits:
    1) Monitor macronutrient ratios with goal of Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%. The last few days of last week were kind of a disaster in this area, so I will definitely need to channel some of that FOCUS that Hearts:love: Desire is talking about.:happy:
    2) Sodium under 2000mg
    3) If fat, sodium, or carbs are out of proportion/over for the day, I will research an alternative to whatever is the "culprit" item of the day that is responsible for me going out of goal. (This is a slightly adjusted goal so that I can focus on overall balance.)
    4) Reach a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories for the week.

:drinker: Cheers to a new week of mini-goal challenge EXCELLENCE for all of us!!:drinker:
  • Pattehcake
    Options
    Hey, hope you don't mind me joining in?
    The mini goal is appealing, because sometimes it can be so overwhelming when you look at the bigger picture.

I'm going to start tomorrow (24th October) and end on Sunday.

Goal 1: Go to the gym, or at least do a work out, every day (24th-30th).
    Goal 2: Keep control of my eating habits/ What I eat/ No naughty snacking.
    Goal 3: lose 1kg/ 2lbs.
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mak for getting us started!!

Welcome to all the newbies! Great goals everyone!

Let's do this!!

My goals for the week.

1. 50 crunches - done today - 1/7
    2. Do charger440's daily challenges - done today - 1/7
    3. No snacking after 7pm - fine today! - 1/7

Goal #3 has really helped alot and that's why I keep adding it. If I feel like eating something, I remember this goal and refuse to go to the cupboard/fridge. :-)

Looking forward to a new week!!

Have a great night everyone!! :-)
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    MAK: like your water goal, grats on competing yet another program!!

cherrikin: welcome! hope you get to enjoy your workouts this week!

jennyph: I love Billy Blanks. Always have!

HeartsDesire: I'm glad you're keeping your goal of checking in every night with us, you've such an upbeat positive can do attitude!

kerrylou: wow that's a lot of water! All four your babies?

projectkristy: well welcome to MFP, and to our group! Thrilled to have you with us.

Papillon: I need to follow the schedule again (so far only managed 1 week consistently). Time to get your head in the game, eh?

littlemount: love that picture!

philosophoe: my goals are a disaster too, I blame our distance. Because, well, let's face it: I like to point fingers.

Pattehcake: love the name, so freaking much! And exercise everyday is such a lofty goal, good luck!!

34 again: glad one of your goals helps, they're motivating for me as well.

My check in for today:
    Chalean, four times this week: accomplished this yesterday, but I did go hiking today to spend some quality time with my husband
    2 fruits/veggies: two consumed, yay!!
    Within calories: yep, thank goodness for hiking because after he suggested a fast food place that I didn't have in CA and I've been craving.
    Don't emotionally eat this week: TOM totally came today, but I've resisted most of the cravings. While this doesn't constitute emotionally eating, it feels like that same "gotta have" feel. So I feel as though I've squashed this all day.

My goals this week:
    Chalean, five times this week: (accomplished four, so moving it up to 5)
    3 fruits/veggies: didn't really accomplish two well last week, but ready to transition to three anyhow
    Within calories with protein being higher than fat: I love fat apparently, as is obvious when I'm only watching my calories.
    Don't let my family drag down my eating habits: After all, I'm the one that controls theirs. (Which sounds horrible, I'm not a control freak, but I am in charge of feeding us all.)
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

Welcome to all the new members. You'll find this a tremendously supportive group :smile:

Goals for Monday-Sunday 24th-30th:

1. Continue 2 walks per day.
    2. Cut down on sugar intake.

Best of luck everyone :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Greetings All:drinker:

Always so great to see so many new folks finding this cozy little thread... a wonderful warm and positive community we've got here each week! Each new person adds so much:flowerforyou: Also great to have everyone else jump back in as well.. this has now become my safe little home. :wink: :bigsmile:

Here's my Goals for this New Week we've started, as you can see I've chosen to keep the same ones going to make it solid.

Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Sunday Check-in

1. Another day of great choices and working on the remainder of my water now.
    2. Back to my regular gym workout in the a.m (Monday) WOO HOO!!:love:
    3. Made a Bday ticker for myself earlier so I can see my progress as the remainder of those 30 lbs melts away.:tongue: (still have more to lose but am doing it in mini-goals)
    4. Once again back to my most favorite place in MFP-land to send you all warm hugs and positive thoughts for a new week ahead.:heart:

Here's to meeting our goals each day and not beating ourselves up while working on them.:drinker: :smooched:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! So glad we have some new people joining us and some familiar faces back for another week.

Cherrikim – Welcome to the thread! Good luck working on your exercise goal.

Jennyph2006 – YAY for another 30 day shredder! Good luck on level 2! Is this your first time doign 30DS? Great goals for this week good luck to you.

Hearts♥Desire – So glad you are back for another week. Great idea to keep the same goals. It will really make them part of the new healthier life style you are building for yourself. Keep up all the great work. I really :heart: the positive attitude you bring to the board. Great job today, I really like your birthday mini goal & ticker.

Kerrylou45 – Good luck with your water goal!! Here’s to 3.5 liters for 7 days :drinker:

Projectkristy – Welcome to MFP and welcome to the mini goals thread. Great goals to start with. I started back in January of this year with 100 pounds to lose, and the mini goals thread has really helped me. Hope it helps you as well.

Papillon22 – Glad your back, even after a tough week. It is time to get back into the game, I’m with you on that one! Good luck with your new class schedule and working your Chalean into the new schedule.

Littlemount – Happy to start the thread, glad your back for another week. Like the new profile pic! I was thinking of taking of one of Hearts Desire’s goals as well, they are good goals aren’t they! Maybe next week. :smile:

Philosohoe – Sounds like there are a few of us that are ready to have a great week! Way to go keeping the same goals great idea to help really incorporate them into your new healthier life style. Love your third goal, and all the great info you’ve shared with us. Keep up all the great work!

Pattehcake – We are always happy to welcome a new member to the thread. Great goals for the week. Hope this helps you focus on the small goals instead of the larger goal.

34again – YAY! Glad you are back for another week. And way to go 3 for 3 today!!! Is Chargers challenges open to everyone? Maybe I’ll check them out?! Here’s to another great week!!

Ittee – Why thank you! I still can’t believe I’m actually working out every day (sometimes 2 times a day!!) YAY for quality time with the husband!! Good luck getting in Chalean 5 times and 3 fruits/veggies in every day.

Danlyn – Great goals for the week. Good luck getting both walks in each day. I know you can do this!

I’m so glad so many people have found that the mini goals are helping, I know it helps me out a lot as well.

It’s going to be a full house this week, my parents are out of town, so the husband and I are watching their 2 dogs. We have 3 dogs in the house and one of which is a real home body, and doesn’t sleep over well, which means I’ll probably be short on sleep as well. Plus between fall alleriges and the two extra dogs, my allergies are already going crazy. Wish me luck!

Sunday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Done 1/6 (Day 26) - all 3 dogs sat in the room I work out and watched me working out. And they were all trying to give me kisses while I was doing my sit ups :laugh:
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in - 0/4 was hoping to get one in… still might, but haven’t yet
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – Done… not happy about what they all were… but logged them all :grumble: Need to not only work on logging these, but watching them. I think I'll incorporate that into this week as well.
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages – had a soda with lunner (lunch/dinner) but did get a good amount of water in today. Better then my usual Sunday intake.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Sunday night check in-
    Goal1-Failed first step itself ate way too much for lunch, got angry with my daughter after eating and now trying to pacify my mood. Social eating is a big downfall for me. Anyway I will work through this goal mindful focussed eating starts now.

Goal 2- Did my 5 k charity walk that was good

Goal 3 -checked in today
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i hope am not too late to join mini goal challenge
    my goals are:
    add extra 30min to my gym routine
    cut down on the amount of chai tea i drink to 1
    drink 8 glasses of water
    stay within my calorie limits
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Sunday Check In to Close last week:
    1) Keep monitoring macro ratios to reach Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%. Today was my best day of the week! 49.8/25.4/24.8
    2) Identify highest fat content item of the day and research a lower fat alternative. Because I shortchanged everyone last week here are the researches I promised (but more in line with this week's goal of balance):

THURSDAY research item: pastrami. It averages between 250mg-350mg of sodium per ounce. Boar’s Head brand deli meats have a Pepper Seasoned Eye Round for only 95mg/oz or a No Salt Added Oven Roasted Choice Top Round for only 20mg/oz. Apparently, the curing process for pastrami is with salt and/or brine, so that’s what makes the unique flavor and the sky-high sodium.

FRIDAY research item: Del Taco Kid’s Bean & Cheese Burrito. Sodium in that bad boy is a whopping 1320mg. Amy’s brand has a “Light in Sodium Bean & Cheese Burrito” for only 290mg for a 6oz serving. That is an awesome alternative, but of course it doesn’t help when you are 80 miles from home and starving at 8:00 at night. For me, eating DT is like having a one night stand with an ex: it’s unsatisfying, unhealthy, and it makes me feel like crap the next day. Bleh. I just need to say no.

SATURDAY research item: white rice. I read a few items about making “cauliflower rice,” but I’m not really the in the kitchen ambitious type. However, brown rice, while not lower in carbs is a complex carbohydrate, so it doesn’t cause the same spike in blood sugar that white rice can cause. Consumed in moderation, a couple of times of week shouldn’t make my carb count go too crazy.

SUNDAY research item: meatloaf. The premade meatloaf from the grocery store meat counter had about 4.5 grams of fat per ounce, so 23g for my 5oz serving (I was really hungry after swim tonight). I could save a few grams by having a smaller serving or by having turkey meatloaf instead, like Jennie-O “So Easy Turkey Meatloaf” with only 7g for a 3.5oz serving, but I would be trading fat for sodium up to 810mg/serving compared to the 585 for my large serving of beef.

3) 3500 calorie deficit for the week: GOAL ACHIEVED! Final Count--4114
    4) Sodium under 2000: 1820
    5) I WILL NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY--I did not weigh in today. DARN IT! I just realized that I forgot to add that to my new goals for the week. Hmm, I will reconsider whether or not I need to add that back in after tomorrow's weigh in. We shall see...

Hope everyone has a stellar Monday tomorrow. I believe I am catching the cold that the bf has had all week, so crossing fingers to feel better. Good night all!
  • philosohoe
    Options
    i hope am not too late to join mini goal challenge
    my goals are:
    add extra 30min to my gym routine
    cut down on the amount of chai tea i drink to 1
    drink 8 glasses of water
    stay within my calorie limits

Never too late to join! Looks like you have great goals for the week. Feel free to check in as often as you like. Good luck & Welcome!:drinker:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Ready for the new week! Going to keep my goals the same since I did not succeed every day! :grumble: :blushing:

1) 3 servings fruit/veg
    2) Under on Sodium
    3) Water, Water and more Water!!!

Check in for Sunday:

1) 3 servings fruit/veg - YES!
    2) Under on Sodium - YES!
    3) Water - 9 glasses (72oz)