Bowel Movement, yes.. pooping!

Options
124»

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I use a Chinese awesome tea that works wonders!

AWESOME! Makes you poop stuff lodged from 1st grade!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I too have had this problem for years I was lucky to poop once every 3-4 days and my Dr. knew and just suggested benefiber which did nothing ... my solution is I first purchases liquid ready fiber from healthdirect . com it really is tasteless and I even cook with it to add fiber to meals.. I also drink a cup of triple tea leaf detox tea nightly and place cucumber slices in my water bottles throughout the day... it has made an AMAZING difference!! good luck.
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    I too have had this problem for years I was lucky to poop once every 3-4 days and my Dr. knew and just suggested benefiber which did nothing ... my solution is I first purchases liquid ready fiber from healthdirect . com it really is tasteless and I even cook with it to add fiber to meals.. I also drink a cup of triple tea leaf detox tea nightly and place cucumber slices in my water bottles throughout the day... it has made an AMAZING difference!! good luck.

Cucumbe slices in your water? I've never heard of that!! How does that benifit you?
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hubby swears by coffee first thing in the morning to 'get you going'.

Our son also suffers (9) we give him actimel drink daily..a probiotic to keep guts healthy (also sold in pill form) and if hes very bad a couple of blocks of dark chocolate..the highest cocoa beans you can find that works a treat.

martyxxx
  • stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have this problem when I was eating as I wanted to before MFP I would go once a day which was nice. Now that I am eating more healthy I am lucky to go every 3 or 4 days. My dr knows and said to add fiber which I do. I usually drink crystal light as my water but I am going to try straight water. I wanted to bump this post because I had to search to find it and I think it is very nice to know other have this problem as well. Good information guys and gals!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're talking about, girls don't do that :huh:

ok obviously I'm kidding, I go usually at least twice a day. Most of the time 3. I'm freakishly regular haha. do you eat a lot of cheese? are you weird about where you go? Sorry, strange questions, but my roommate has issues and she says cheese blocks her up, and she can ONLY go at home, so sometimes she holds it (especially if she's spent a couple days at her boyfriends or something) and then that completely throws her off.

Your poor roommate! If she can't bring herself to poop at his place, I hope she doesn't plan on marrying him! :embarassed:

As for the original question... I'm lucky to be pretty regular, but I've noticed when I add flaxseed to my cereal in the morning (on a continuous basis) I tend to be even more regular. There also seems to be something about caffeinated coffee. If I haven't already pooped that day, I usually need to go shorty after I've finished my first cup.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I use a Chinese awesome tea that works wonders!

AWESOME! Makes you poop stuff lodged from 1st grade!

LOL! That's just not right, though! You can't sing the praises of this wonderous tea without specifying exactly what type (and brand if necessary) of tea it is! The poor OP will still be poopless!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Everone is difference... The important thing is to know your body.... If I went everyday for days in a row I personaly would see that as wrong for ME.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My fiber intake is rarely over 5-7grams a day and I "go" every couple days when I need to. My body does what it needs to when it needs to. My guts feel great.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Not everyone needs a BM everyday. After having my gall bladder removed I used to have 3-5 per day. Over the last 2 months since I started eating healthy and exercising I am 1 a day and sometimes every other day. Put it this way. If your body is using what you consume and what you consume is all natural without all the fillers and processed junk your body just doesn't make as much waste. Your body has a limit to how much it will hold and then it must evacuate, BM. Until it creates enough to reach that limit, no BM.

As long as you feel good and the BM that you do have is fairly normal your ok.

Completely not true. EVERYONE needs at least 1 bm a day. Doctors will tell you its more optimum to have 2-3 a day.
    Think of it this way, whatever goes in MUST come out. If it isn't,then its sitting in your intestines and/or colon and rotting there. This can bring on health problems so you need to get it out.

Everyone needs to have a BM everyday? That's completely not true. Unless that's someone's norm, but then that's probably due to a high fiber diet.... then that must come out. I eat foods my body uses so there's less waste...I have better things to do than have 2-3 bathroom visits each day doing that duty :tongue:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I find that when it's really bad, greasy fast food gets me moving like none other... but since we're all trying to eat healthier, it's not exactly the best option.

I agree with the pro-biotics. I eat greek yogurt, and that really helps keep me regular.. along with apples!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    When I was unhealthy I used to go once or twice a week. I went to see a naturopath for what may be a related issue - acne (although I've since learned I have hormonal acne, a lot of people with acne need to look at what's going on inside the digestive system). She urged me to start drinking 1 tablespoon of Bragg's apple cider vinegar diluted in about 12 oz of water - once or twice a day. I could only tolerate that ish once a day but I tell ya what....stuff started "working" in there. It acts as enzymes in your digestive system to get things broken down and moving along. Then she suggested I do a liver/gall bladder cleanse...this was nasty (it involved epsom salts in apple cider and olive oil in grapefruit juice...and a WHOLE lot of bathroom visits for a day!)...but it tripped something up in me and I've not had stomach issues or diarrhea or pain like I used to (I was wondering if I had Chrohn's at the rate I was going - either constipated or having diarrhea - that's the only way I could "go").

Now, I'm regular (1x a day, some days 2x) and all I take are probiotics (the best I've found, and I've tried quite a few, are Sedona Labs PRO - iFlora. There is a difference between Sedona Labs and Sedona Labs PRO but either work pretty well). I purchase this in powder form and add a teaspoon to my protein shake each morning at breakfast. Usually before I've finished drinking my protein shake, I'm hitting the potty. That's not necessarily because the probiotics are doing it...but just that I've just awoke and am waking up my digestive system with a little bit o' breakfast.

I also eat 25+ grams of fiber daily...drink 70+ oz of water...and that's the trick *for me*. I'd prefer to consume my fiber in food form rather than buy metumucil/citracel/miralax, etc. I enjoy eating. :o) I like Kellogg's Fiber bars (chocolate chip, yummy!) - they have 9 grams of fiber in one (120 cals). Also Thomas English Muffins - there is a 100 calorie muffin that has 8 grams of fiber. Those two items alone get ya 17 grams of fiber....and the rest can come from fruits, veggies, legumes, etc. :o)

And lastly, there is an organic tea by Traditional Medicinals called Smooth Moves tea (can be found in the organic section of Kroger, for instance) - there is the original variety and a "chocolate" variety. This stuff is natural (uses senna) and it WORKS.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Twice in the morning right after getting up, one more time in the afternon.
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have taken the psyllium fiber in cran water (100% no sugar added natural cran juice...best price at trader joes...4oz + 28oz. water)in the mornings...once you get used to gulping it down, it really works. If you feel you need it, you can take it before lunch also.

The other thing that is more enjoyable is the Smooth Move tea. I think the chocolate one is the best tasting and can seem like a treat and the end of the day...and things are taken care of once you wake up the next day :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Not everyone needs a BM everyday. After having my gall bladder removed I used to have 3-5 per day. Over the last 2 months since I started eating healthy and exercising I am 1 a day and sometimes every other day. Put it this way. If your body is using what you consume and what you consume is all natural without all the fillers and processed junk your body just doesn't make as much waste. Your body has a limit to how much it will hold and then it must evacuate, BM. Until it creates enough to reach that limit, no BM.

As long as you feel good and the BM that you do have is fairly normal your ok.

Completely not true. EVERYONE needs at least 1 bm a day. Doctors will tell you its more optimum to have 2-3 a day.
    Think of it this way, whatever goes in MUST come out. If it isn't,then its sitting in your intestines and/or colon and rotting there. This can bring on health problems so you need to get it out.

Actually...my doctor told me quite the opposite. He said everyone's system is different and as long as it's normal for you, then it's normal. Some people go every day, some people do not. It's only problematic when you're off your own personal schedule.
    I have suffered from chronic constipation my whole life, only precipitated by my eating disorders in college, and still feel effects now. I like to go 2x a day, but lately I've cut carbs down a lot, and I'm lucky to get one...I get TONS of fiber, but my body seems to be in shock lol.

In the past, ginger tea always helped. Oh and like a previous poster said, sugar free energy drinks. I only drink those in the privacy of my own home, in arms reach of the bathroom....