Introducing myself : ) Possible HCG, would love feedback!

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<
    Is it too early for popcorn?

It's never too early for popcorn.....butter?
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on hCG right now, in the middle of my first round. I will not be doing it again. My friend lost 90lbs in a year doing several cycles of the drops, so I decided to try them as well. After I ordered them, I changed my mind about wanting to do them, but didn't want to cause problems since she already paid for them. So, I decided to give them a try. I started them last Monday, loaded on Monday and Tuesday and started the 500 calorie diet on Wednesday. This morning, I weight 19lbs less than when I started. Sound great, right? But I gotta tell you from someone who is actually doing the "fad diet", I'm concerned that I'll just gain it all back when I'm off the drops in 2 weeks. I've vowed that when my drops are done, I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way (not much can hurt you that way, not putting anything into your body) and it should stay off better. I think I'll feel better doing it the slower way. Instant gratification got the best of me this time, but I would NOT recommend hCG. Weight wasn't put on over (may seem like it) so it shouldn't come off over night. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy throwing money away? Can you handle only eating 500 calories a day? Will you be really pissed if once the month is up, you gain every lost pound back? If no, no, yes, then you may reconsider giving that a try, in my opinion.

WOW I was going to say the same thing..and add. It took you longer than a month to gain the weight. It's a marathon not a sprint. That diet sucks.

PS..Put a pic up so people can see your before and after results.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I read a very interesting article once where the woman doing the HCG measured her body fat percentage every week. She lost more muscle than fat.. You should really do something that is a sustainable lifestyle change unless you want to gain everything back, usually plus some.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I vote the old fashioned way ~ eat less, move more!!!! I've had 3 friends monkey with the HCG over the last year and a half, and from I've seen, they all gain it back and screw up their metabolisms big time....... good luck on whatever you decide to do!
  • dirkreader
    Options
    There are no magic bullets.

You have received some very sage advice here. Aviod the HCG suff.

Up your calories, eat six times a day and continue to burn those calories.

My take in this order is....

1) Diet-It is King
    2) Cardio-3 to four tmes a week
    3) Weights/Resistance training twice a week

Make your goals achievable. Don't focus on losing 70 pounds just focus on the next five, then the next five after that.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy throwing money away? Can you handle only eating 500 calories a day? Will you be really pissed if once the month is up, you gain every lost pound back? If no, no, yes, then you may reconsider giving that a try, in my opinion.

WOW I was going to say the same thing..and add. It took you longer than a month to gain the weight. It's a marathon not a sprint. That diet sucks.

PS..Put a pic up so people can see your before and after results.

+3
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    i consulted my doctor about hcg and he said the restrictive calorie diet plays a huge role in success

You don't say! :noway:
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Warning! Warning! Do you realize that with 300 cal per day of exercise, and 500 cal intake, you're giving your body a net 200 carbs to function? Most of us need at least 1200 just to sleep through the day. Think about the fact that those calories keep your heart beating, keep your lungs expanding and contracting, keep your brain processing, keep your muscles moving.

At this rate, unless you're morbidly obese and working closely with a doctor/nutritionist to formulate this plan, a diet like this will put your body into starvation mode and you will not lose anything but muscle. The fat will cling, your physical systems will get thrown completely out of whack, and you will not be able to function properly.

Not to mention that if, by sticking to this, you do end up losing the weight (mostly muscle), your body will overreact when you start eating normally again, and you'll put all that weight back on again, and then some.

The reason people on this site get up in arms about these crash diets is simply that they don't work. They've never worked. They're a great way for someone to make money off of desperate, gullible people who want a quick route to being sexy and don't even think about being healthy. Not to mention that they actually make you sick.

Please reconsider. Think about getting healthy rather than just getting sexy. When you get healthy, the sexy comes through on its own without making you sick and wasting your money--and it lasts, too, because it's a new way of approaching your whole life, not just the time period in which you want to lose weight.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I are going to start the HCG diet drops soon without the menu plan. Anyone have a comment on this? Neither one of us can stick to the HCG diet menu so we've agreed to do 500 calories per day with the drops.
    so...500 calories a day of what exactly? ice cream? nut butter? vodka?

I'd go with the vodka, myself...
  • abazooday727
    Options
    I have read where it will cause tumors and muscle loss. Please please research before you try this...IT IS NOT SAFE!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I are going to start the HCG diet drops soon without the menu plan. Anyone have a comment on this? Neither one of us can stick to the HCG diet menu so we've agreed to do 500 calories per day with the drops.

I'd need more than 500 calories of vodka to make it through the day with pregnancy hormones and no pregnancy.....
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    HCG =
    money-down-toilet.jpg
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

I'd need more than 500 calories of vodka to make it through the day with pregnancy hormones and no pregnancy.....
    but if she ate more than 500 calories, surely she'd gain weight!
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I gained 65 pounds with both my babies and I lost it both times by working my butt off.

Eat less, move more. There are no easy ways to get results. It's hard work.

Fads come and go, most don't work so they go quickly.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<
    Is it too early for popcorn?

Only if you don't mind me drinking wine. Scoot over.

WHO'S GOT THE BEER??? pass it over... :drinker:
  • lilyannette
    Options
    Your calories intake are way too little, if you are doing that much exercise you should at least consumes 1500 calories for a you.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i consulted my doctor about hcg and he said the restrictive calorie diet plays a huge role in success

You don't say! :noway:

Is your Doctor name Kervorkian? LMAO!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    It took time to put that 70 pounds on it is going to take time for it to come off. Most people just want there weight to disapear fast but unfortunetly that is NEVER going to happen. All your going to do is harm your body and gain all the weight back from doing the HCG diet. Eat right, watch your portions and exercise atleast 5-6 days a week even if its just for 30 mins it better then nothing. MFP is full of supportive and motivational people and it is a great place to help you along you weight loss journey.

Don't think of it as a diet think of it as a LIFESTYLE...a healthy one at that. Good Luck!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    SO YOURE INJECTIONG YOURSELF WITH HORMONES....ISNT HORMONES BEEN A CAUSE OF BREAST CANCER???