15 grams of sugar a day! IT WORKS!

Options
This is worked for me! So I wanted to share it with other! =D

I was watching Rachael Ray one day & there was a nutritionist who said to lower your sugar intake to only 15 grams a day & 6 servings of carbs. What's NOT in the video is that earlier on the show he said you could lose 5-9lbs a week just by doing this!.... I thought he was kinda nuts, but gave it a try anyway. I lost 4lbs in the first TWO days! I didn't even pay attention to my carbs, just the sugar!
Also in the video he says not to count calories, which I thought was silly... BUT here's what I found out, if you stick to no more than 15 grams of sugar a day, it's hard to eat a lot of calories anyway. Hard for me to go over 1,300 a day when I stick to the 15 grams of sugar rule.

Please go to the link at the bottom & watch the video.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/jorge-cruises-weight-loss-secrets/

Replies

• GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job sticking to this! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job sticking to this! :)

Aw thanks girl! It wasn't easy in the beginning, mainly because I needed to figure out what foods worked for it. Nuts, string cheese, sugar free bread, etc. Once you figure out what foods have no sugar, or are low in sugar, it's a breeze! =)
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    very curious...thanks for this!!!!
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Water weight, nothing more.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    BUT here's what I found out, if you stick to no more than 15 grams of sugar a day, it's hard to eat a lot of calories anyway. Hard for me to go over 1,300 a day when I stick to the 15 grams of sugar rule.
    So you're saying it's just a trick to get you to eat fewer calories.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Now I am curious
  • Faith1203
    Faith1203 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

43 pounds is a lot of water weight!! :laugh:

To the OP, great job on the loss!!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    BUT here's what I found out, if you stick to no more than 15 grams of sugar a day, it's hard to eat a lot of calories anyway. Hard for me to go over 1,300 a day when I stick to the 15 grams of sugar rule.

I didn't say that. Definitely not what I meant.
    It's a trick to get you to eat healthier, nothing more. I can eat A LOT of food for only 1,200 calories now that I learned to cut the sugar down & only eat healthy. If you eat junkfood you can eat a little and already be at 1,200.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    For you, is this reasonable and sustainable for the rest of your life?
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

She didn't indicate that all of that was because of this gimmick. She says she lost 4 pounds in 2 days using this.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

He's referring to the 4 pounds in two days. If this was true, she would have needed a caloric deficit of 14000 calories in those 2 days.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

I didn't say that. Definitely not what I meant.
    It's a trick to get you to eat healthier, nothing more. I can eat A LOT of food for only 1,200 calories now that I learned to cut the sugar down & only eat healthy. If you eat junkfood you can eat a little and already be at 1,200.

I fail to see the distinction. You are still using this as a way to keep your calories low. It isn't the lack of sugar that's making you lose weight.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

He's referring to the 4 pounds in two days. If this was true, she would have needed a caloric deficit of 14000 calories in those 2 days.
    Really, when someone says "43 pounds" they mean "4 pounds"?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes...What happens when you go back to eating "normally"? Or do you plan to sustain 15g of sugar per day every day for the rest of your life?
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

No. Probably the part that says
    I lost 4lbs in the first TWO days!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Yes...What happens when you go back to eating "normally"? Or do you plan to sustain 15g of sugar per day every day for the rest of your life?

I would be the grumpiest person ever.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

No. Probably the part that says
    I lost 4lbs in the first TWO days!

^^Exactly this^^^
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

Yes. But just like calories for everyone, some days we're over & some days we're under. For now I've been very strict to not go over 15. I think in the long run some days I may eat more, but never over 20. It's all about learning which foods are better for you "sugar-wise" anyway

Remember when you first started MFP and cut out the junkfood? It wasn't easy. But after a while it became 2nd nature to know what to eat & what not to eat.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I think the ticker 'said' that. Not her. Bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    15 grams of sugar...that means you can have 0 fruit..no thank you.