MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/23-10/29

Options

Replies

• KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Goal this week, 10 miles and starting 30 Day Shred. hope to be as sucessful with this goal as Mak.
    Mak did you take any measurements before starting this program. I suck at push ups and and really need to tone up and build my upper body and core.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php

The link above is definitely worth checking out... it talks about food cravings and what our body is really trying to tell us. It's a neat little chart about all sorts of cravings.

Hope some of you also find it helpful and interesting. :happy:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello all my fellow mini goalers.
    Happy Monday! Hope you all are doing well. I'm super duper sleepy, it was a LOOONNNGGG night with the dogs. :yawn: I was looking at my profile this morning and realized I was 2 pounds away from my next mini goal... 153 lbs, which would officially drop me from the obese category into the overweight. I say was because I gained back 2.5 pounds and am now 4.5 pounds away. I am determined to drop these 4.5 pounds. Time to get movin and groovin!

Check back in with you all later. Have a great day! LET'S DO THIS!!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php

The link above is definitely worth checking out... it talks about food cravings and what our body is really trying to tell us. It's a neat little chart about all sorts of cravings.

Hope some of you also find it helpful and interesting. :happy:
    That is a great site! Thanks H:love:D!:happy:

And MAK--You are so right...WE CAN DO THIS! I know you're going to 31DS that goal right into the rear view mirror!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    [Jennyph2006 – YAY for another 30 day shredder! Good luck on level 2! Is this your first time doign 30DS? Great goals for this week good luck to you ]

hi, i have started it many times, but never finish it. this time i will finish it. (*_*)
  • Pattehcake
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow (24th October) and end on Sunday.

Goal 1: Go to the gym, or at least do a work out, every day (24th-30th).
    Goal 2: Keep control of my eating habits/ Watch what I eat/ No naughty snacking.
    Goal 3: lose 1kg/ 2lbs.

Today I ate super duper healthily, no naughty snacks, woo!

And I went to 2 gym classes: circuit training (40mins) and Body conditioning/high impact aerobics with weights (60mins)

1 day down, 6 more days to go!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:

1- Follow Chalean X schedule - rest day today

2- 8 glasses of water/day - done!

3- 5 fruits/veggies per day - done!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    1. 30 DS - level 1 and start level 2 done!!!
    2. Do 2 Billy Blancks workouts. Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Fat Burn XL-erator done (*_*)
    3. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water 15 glases today
    4. Do 10 Walk at home miles.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My goals this week:
    Chalean, five times this week: 1.5 (counting abs as half since it's only 10 mins
    3 fruits/veggies: yep, did it!
    Within calories with protein being higher than fat: yep, doing good
    Don't let my family drag down my eating habits: no, but could've been better. I dragged me down. Started not feeling well late afternoon and didn't feel like cooking. Luckily, Japanese tends not to be too unhealthy.

Hope everyone is doing fantastic on their Monday, saw some already checked in. I'm exhausted, couldn't sleep last night. And now not feeling well. Getting an early bedtime in. Sleep well all!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA for a while.... So last week I did work out a little more but did not do the routines everyday. I am traveling to Chicago tomorrow for work so I know that food is going to be delicious and full of calories! Yum!! I was going to take work out clothes but my schedule is going to be so hectic that I doubt that I will get a chance to. I have decided to give up on the P90X for a while, I am going to try to still do the Kenpo X routine and do some elliptical/weights too but that will be next week.

My goals for this week:
    1) Do not get plastered.
    2) Eat until I am satisfies, not until I am bursting
    3) Drink 8 cups of water
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone!!!!

You are all so focused. So motivated! Great inspiration you all are!!

Check in

1. 50 crunches - done - 2/7
    2. Charger440's daily challenge - done - 2/7
    3. No snacking after 7pm - done - 2/7

Have a great night everyone!!
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way off on calories today. Came home from work and my niece had made a delicious steak dinner made with butter and cognac!!! Delicious, but a killer on calories. I actually don't even know how to log it, but she worked so hard I couldn't say "no thank you" without feeling badly. Oh well, tomorrow is another day :ohwell:

Good news is that I'm only over on my sugar by 7 grams :smile:

Hope everyone had a great Monday :flowerforyou:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Yesterday decided to take it as my rest day,motivated to finish this month focussed.
    Thanks hearts desire for the naturopathyworks website the cravings article is very eyeopening.

Monday- 10/24 CHECK IN-
    Goal 1- Today had Mcdonalds which could have been avoided . Will try to make better choices from now on.
    Goal 2- Walked 50 minutes brisk pace.
    Goal 3- Checked in tonight. Thanks to all the minigoalers for all the support you'll give this group everyday.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Littlemount – Sorry to hear you had two rough days with goal #1. But now you’ve faced it and it’s time to move forward. You can do it! Great job on the 5K Sunday, that’s awesome! Hopefully the walk to today knocked off some of those calories from McDonalds

Arwaleenah – Welcome! It’s never too late. It looks like you have picked some great goals to work on this week. Good luck.

Philosohoe – AWESOME job with the macros!! Love you description of Del Taco. Too funny. Hope you don’t catch the bf’s cold. Fight girl fight it!! Thanks for the encouragement. HUGGS!

Bhurley1424 – Here’s to a successful mini goal week!! Way to get them all done on Sunday!

KrisPage – WOO HOO!!! Another shredder. Good luck! I did take measurements before I started 30DS… mostly because I started the day after I ended my round of P90X, so I’m using that as starting point. It does work the core … a lot. I find sometimes I will be doing a move and won’t be working my abs so I am constantly reminding myself work those abs!

Hearts♥Desire – Very interesting article! Great info, I’ll have to keep that in mind when I’m craving things. I do have one question… why is liver mentioned so often? No thank you very much LOL!!!

Jennyph2006 – YOU CAN DO IT!! Bury that 30DS! Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Fat Burn XL-erator that sounds super-duper intense. Way to go.

Pattehcake – Like the pic! Congrats on making your goals today :smile: YAY for no naughty snacks and killer job at the gym!

Papillon22 – Hope you enjoyed your rest today get ready to go big tomorrow! Nice job with the water and the fruits and veggies!

Ittee – Great job with your goals today. It’s definitely hard to get into the cooking groove when you are not feeling well, but sounds like you made a great decision. Get some rest my dear feel better!

La_nanita – Hey you’ll be up in my neck of the woods!!! Have fun in Chi town. It is a great city. Good luck trying to keep up the healthy life style on the road.

34again - 3 for 3 again WOO HOO!! You pretty focused and motivated yourself :happy:

Danlyn – You are right, tomorrow is a new day. And sometimes when life gives you a wonderful niece that makes a fabulous dinner you gotta take it. Have a great day tomorrow.
    Monday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Done 2/6 (Day 27)
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in - 1/4 took my parents beagle for a walk we both enjoyed it.
    3. Think about the BLT’S I’m eating & log them all (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – Did much better. I went into the infamous peanut M&M cube and absently minded grabbed some before I even knew what I was doing. I stopped after I had a couple and was like… What am I doing why am I eating these. And guess what I stopped!
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages – Had my coffee with breakfast and that was it! Water the rest of the day.

Keep up all the great work all the support and all of the encouragement. Together we can do this :happy:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I AM SO SORE from 1 day of 30 day Shred had no IDEA how out of shape I have gotten, walking and jogging has pulled the weight down but need to start building muscles back up but Jillian kicked myA$$ and I could barely do my walk at lunch and stairs are a horrible torture. 2.5 miles at lunch resting muscles and will give her another try tomorrow night and see how that goes.

Love to everyone keep up all the hard work.
  • katiemarie02
    katiemarie02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the challenge.

1. I will track my food and water intake on MFP this week .
    2. I will exercise 3 to 4 times this week.
    3. I will commit to 1 and 2 for this week.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Monday Check-in

1.☼
    2. workout felt great today
    3.☼
    4.☼

Sorry for the quick check and dash..off to bed.:yawn:

Let's do it all again Tuesday!!:drinker: :heart:

:heart:
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nutrition goal: Log daily and stay within calorie limit. **Done**
    Exercise goal: Walk 5000 steps a day (working up to 10000 steps) **Done...Also did day 1 of 30 DS.**
    Water: Drink 60 oz a day. **Done 64 oz.**
    Give up regular soda. **No soda and a headache all day.**

Good night everyone!
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Check in....
    wat a long day but am glad i accomplished wat i set out to do
    drink 8 glasses of water-done
    extra 30 min workout- done
    I didn't have any chai tea- it was tempting but i asked myself wether i needed it or wanted it
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) Monitor macronutrient ratios with goal of Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%: 52.3/27.5/20.1
    2) Sodium under 2000mg: Fail...2462
    3) Culrpit item of the day: Turkey sausage! I've already looked around and the sausage that I have is actually on the low side for sodium in the sausage world (560mg/serving), but I was really hungry tonight, so I had 1 and a HALF sausage links, and the freaking HALF put me over with the little square of cornbread that I had to go with it. Fortunately, I've been drinking a ton of water today while babying my sore throat, so I think I'll be okay if I behave for the rest of the week.
    4) Reach a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories for the week: 476 today

:drinker: So I have two celebrations today::drinker:
    1) Scale victory--I have officially lost 20lbs! I set my first mini-weight-goal for my second 10lbs by Halloween, and I made it! I was starting to freak out about whether or not I should put any time pressure on myself for that goal, but WHEW, made it. I think due to the time of year and the challenges that the holidays present, I don't think I'm going to set a timeline for my next 10 pounds, but I will continue to aim for my 3500 calorie deficit every week. I also decided that I am okay with not adding back in my "DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY" goal for this week because I was mostly concerned with obsessing about hitting this mark. Now that I hit it, I feel like I can relax a little and not be scale obsessed for the week.
    2) NSV--my BRM dropped below 1700 to 1695 (starting BMR was 1785). This is a double edged sword kind of NSV for me. I am excited that my actual weight loss is reflected in the fact that my body doesn't have to work as hard to just exist, but at the same time, I'm a little paranoid that as I get closer to my ultimate goal, I'm going to have to work three times harder and be super careful about calories just to maintain, you know, like all you littler people already have to do.:tongue: It's SCARY! I know that's a ways off, so I'm not REALLY freaking out yet. I'm just holding on to the hope that all my hard work now is building healthier habits into my routine that will just naturally transfer to the lifestyle of the future smaller me.

Sorry I don't have more feedback for everyone else tonight. I've been staring at the computer literally all day long and am in need of sleep, so I can go back to work tomorrow since my sore throat can't keep me home forever.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! We've so got this week!