Does anyone feel like they aren't losing weight quickly enou

Options
I've lost 18 pounds in approxiamtely 2 and a half months, whereas others I know have lost that much in a much shorter period of time.. I don't feel as though I've changed that much and really I just want a boost so I feel sexy again.

I used to be full of confidence when I was slimmer then since I've put on weight I've lost my confidence and I'm worried it will never return, really what I want to know is why everyone is doing this weightloss.. and how much they've lost in the last 2 months.

Thanks!

(and feel free to add me)

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    I lost 20kg in 3 months.... 1200 kcal diet and a bit of exercise

no secrets in there, if you have a deficit, you will lose weight! make sure your diet is correct and don't worry about anything else. some weeks are harder than others, some weeks you lose more, others less (plateau?).. that doesn't matter,being steady is all that matters. and it works in the end
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost a few pounds on and off over the past two months, it's very frustrating.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've lost nine pounds since the beginning of September. You're doing well!
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5 pounds in 40 days, I get very pissed at my body sometimes. But I am not going to give up. Just keep at t!! :) That is what my friends are telling me. My clothes fit better and people tell me I am looking thinner, so that helps.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I lost 20kg in 3 months.... 1200 kcal diet and a bit of exercise

no secrets in there, if you have a deficit, you will lose weight! make sure your diet is correct and don't worry about anything else. some weeks are harder than others, some weeks you lose more, others less (plateau?).. that doesn't matter,being steady is all that matters. and it works in the end

well done thats amazing!
  • UphillBattleAxe
    UphillBattleAxe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    18lbs in 2 1/2 months doesn't sound too bad, I'd be happy with that!! I guess it depends on how much you have to lose too : ))
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    18 pounds in 2.5 months is brilliant. the slower the loss, the more chance you have of keeping it off.
  • mickipedia
    Options
    it just started off sooo well and i thought the weight was going to drop off me but once you could see the results it's slowed down hugely and almost stopped which really kicks in my motivation.

i've got a while to go and i'm so worried i won't hit my targets which will really ruin my birthday.. arrgghhhhh
  • rabbidslayer324
    rabbidslayer324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't fret. Slow weitght loss typically stays off. I have just switched to this site and love it. I found I was able to eat right at or over my goal daily so I had to add 30 mins of walking to my plan to have a deficit. I don't know your hieght or age...are you sure you goal weight is realistic? One thing I learned from WW is to set mini goals. Don't look at the big picture. Reward yourself when you add activity to your day. Reward yourself when you stay within your calorie goal. Reward yourself when you lose 5 lbs. Set a new goal everyday and start measuring your success by meeting your goals instead of basing it on your weight loss. You will find you begin feeling better about yourself right away. I would add you but I havent figured out how to do that yet :)
  • mickipedia
    Options
    18lbs in 2 1/2 months doesn't sound too bad, I'd be happy with that!! I guess it depends on how much you have to lose too : ))

My target is to lose 55lbs (almost 4 stone) because I want this weight loss to be a huge impact and I want to be able to walk up to people i haven't seen in a while and for them to say "wow"
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    18 pounds in 2.5 months is brilliant. the slower the loss, the more chance you have of keeping it off.

This.

I lost about 70 pounds in 3 months a few years back...and then gained 90 pounds. I'll take a slow loss that stays off over a fast one that's unsustainable any day. Don't let it get you down, keep it up!
  • mickipedia
    Options
    Don't fret. Slow weitght loss typically stays off. I have just switched to this site and love it. I found I was able to eat right at or over my goal daily so I had to add 30 mins of walking to my plan to have a deficit. I don't know your hieght or age...are you sure you goal weight is realistic? One thing I learned from WW is to set mini goals. Don't look at the big picture. Reward yourself when you add activity to your day. Reward yourself when you stay within your calorie goal. Reward yourself when you lose 5 lbs. Set a new goal everyday and start measuring your success by meeting your goals instead of basing it on your weight loss. You will find you begin feeling better about yourself right away. I would add you but I havent figured out how to do that yet :)

I'm 5ft 3" and I'm 19 years old.. and my target is within my BMI range whereas now i'm classed as overweight.. oh and i sent you a request :)
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I've lost 26lbs in six months. I fell of the bandwagon in the middle there though, so it went up and down. Frustrating yes, but its happening slowly. Remember to look at the centimetres lost around your hips and waist too - some weeks I don't lose any weight but when I measure my waist and hips I've lost centimetres instead. Remember the non-scale victories - sometimes the scales don't show how we are truly succeeding. Lots of little goals helps! :)
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ive only lost 5 pound in just over a month, i think your doing really well!

My Husbamd is able to drop weight so quick, but he puts it back on just has quick!! You sound like your doing great just keep it up!! and you will reach your goal and maintain your goal weight x
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just think... If you lose too much in too short a time period, your skin is gonna be very loose and flappy ;) The slower you lose weight, the more toned you'll look (if you exercise that is) and the more likely it is it's gonna stay off. I lost 20 pounds in over a year, THAT is slow ;)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I am officially never satisfied! Some weeks I've lost 4lb and panicked that I've gone to fast, this week I lost 1lb and sulked. Some may say this makes me a stereotypical woman! To answer your question though, lose it at the speed that is right for you. If you up your exercise/cut your cals to get a faster loss and you're hungry there is far more chance you will fail, and it's all about the long term isn't it - do what's right for you and don't worry about the others :-) Congrats on the loss so far! *Edited for typo*
  • audreyp372003
    Options
    I love your thought! Yes, we should reward ourselves for the small achievements! Feel proud of them and see them as proof of a larger success to come!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would be happy with 18lbs in 2 1/2 months. I have lost 15lbs and been doing this since the start of July. It isnt about the speed with whcih you loose the weight though it is about gettign there and keeping it off when you reach your goal so i figure the slower i am shifting it the better it will be.
  • mickipedia
    Options
    I've lost 26lbs in six months. I fell of the bandwagon in the middle there though, so it went up and down. Frustrating yes, but its happening slowly. Remember to look at the centimetres lost around your hips and waist too - some weeks I don't lose any weight but when I measure my waist and hips I've lost centimetres instead. Remember the non-scale victories - sometimes the scales don't show how we are truly succeeding. Lots of little goals helps! :)

That is a very good idea.. only problem is i didn't measure to start off with but i think i may have to start doing so!!
  • mickipedia
    Options
    This weightloss this is driving me crazy, i jsut want to get it over and done with and stick to the size i want to be :)

Can it be that easy?