ABL (Closed group!)

Options
SO some of you voted and the verdict is no eliminations. So no eliminations it is! The biggest reason I wanted to do these is so everyone feels a bit of pressure to complete the challenges-so I hope that without them you all still try your best!
Also, everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work. Just remember, on FRIDAY post your weigh in on the board. There was a bit of confusion about this last week. Also, make sure to check this forum throughout the week, record your progress, comment on others, ask questions, etc. I love having a little community with these challenges so we can stick together. Let's keep that up, ladies! =]

Challenge for this week:

I have messaged you another members name. I want you to (on this thread) post a challenge for them. Don't make it too easy, and don't make it too hard. It would help if you look at that person's diary and exercise and push them a little harder this week. Be creative. Also, keep in mind that there is a twist at the end of this week with this option so this should motivate you not only to complete the challenge given, but to give out a good one as well. Have fun with this! (be patient- If you have not received a name yet you will very soon)

Replies

• mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey! :D my weigh in days are Mondays...is that ok?? I really pushed myself last week, I did 30 minutes in the Arc trainer and did the ciruit trianing, those were my challenges, instead of the treadmill and bike! I lost another 2 pounds this week, I am happy to be out of the 280's and the 270's it has been a long time!! :) ok well I will check my messages now for my partners name!!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Mondays is fine for check-in if it is set in stone. I know how it is to not want to check the scale too often.

My partner is schnugglebug, she has decided to stay with us. Yay :D As for her challenge is to do 2 days of 'chair exercises' this week for as along as she feels comfortable. If this is a problem - instead you can choose to eat at least 9 servings of vegetables this week. Healthy ones- NOT COVERED IT CHEESE :D
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think Im going to do weigh ins on Mondays as well!!! I hate switching it up... it gets me alll confused!

My partner is rodaviarocket!

Challenge: Try 1 new fruit and 1 new veggie this week! You can definatly find some interesting ones out there!
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My partner is romping...as for the challenge, how about try to keep everything except fiber and protein in the green?
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I should be able to handle 2 days of chair exercises :D I did 30 min this afternoon, and as for 9 vegetables,. in one day? LOL or through out the week haha I incorporated cauliflower, and green beans today, yesterday I had asparagus and green beans, lots of choice... hmm maybe I will do both

now my challenge for you my dear kassied09 Hmmm Get all your water in, and no "extra" goodies... if you are hungry drink water lol
    That or get in some good strength exercises 2 times this week for at least 20 min?
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)

My partner is melmccabe, her challenge is: to eat 2 servings of fruits or vegetables a day for this week (at least a cup of whatever she decides to eat) and to incorporate 3 days of strength training into her routine.

:)
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My partners name is mjsamee:
    Since I can't see your food or exercise diary and I need to give you your challenge today (Monday), here goes:

Food: no cheese for 1 week (I did this and it made me realize how much I snack on cheese and there is cheese on a lot of menu items at the restaurant!)

Exercise: add the following 3 tricep exercise to your workout twice this week - chair dips, skull crushers & close grip push-ups for 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Heyy Soooze, I am sorry, I am excited, how do I show you my diary?? I will give you your challenges tomorrow, is that ok?? well actually today seing its 2am and I just got home from gym a few minutes ago!!
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good evening/Good Morning,

Sorry this is so late, I have been out of town and just returned. My partner is rllinas. Her challenge is to add 2 servings of non-starch vegetables a day and to change up her exercise routine by either completing 2 days of strength training (at least 30 minutes each session) or adding a new cardio exercise.

The challenge I received is no problem. My normal routine includes 3 days of strength training a week (60-80 minute sessions each) and fruits and veggies are a staple of my diet.

Have a good week everyone!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My partner is Megan5683, we're not currently friends so I can't see her whole profile so I'm hoping that my challenge will be ok for her!

Since I see she wants to start running my challenge this week is to start the C25K program http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Good luck!
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My partner is romping...as for the challenge, how about try to keep everything except fiber and protein in the green?

Hi Partner! I challenge you to make your breakfast high in protein, low in carbs to see if it keeps your hunger at bay longer!
  • terihaddad
    Options
    Hi Romping, thanks for the challenge...any suggestions? I've always just eaten smoothies!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My partner is luvlyluv!

Looks like she doesn't always log all her food (so not sure on her normal food habits), but my challenge to her is to one day this week eat at least 5 servings of fruits/vegetables in that day! (Of course, trying to do this more than just one day would be awesome, but I don't want to push too much not knowing what she normally eats.)
  • romping
    Options
    Hi Romping, thanks for the challenge...any suggestions? I've always just eaten smoothies!

I have been trying to keep my carbs at around 100 grams a day. This isn´t for everybody but I have found that eating protein and good carbs in the morning keeps my hunger at bay longer. I eat eggs, mushrooms, tomotoes, cheese and flavored water. I love the smoothies but I get hungry shortly thereafter.
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My partner is Lucky 723 - And I challange her to try two new kinds of exercise this week... Whether it's new classes at the gym, a new cardio machine or going out and buying herself a shake weight. XD Change it up, keep your workout interesting and your body guessing!
  • terihaddad
    Options

I have been trying to keep my carbs at around 100 grams a day. This isn´t for everybody but I have found that eating protein and good carbs in the morning keeps my hunger at bay longer. I eat eggs, mushrooms, tomotoes, cheese and flavored water. I love the smoothies but I get hungry shortly thereafter.

I love the idea, but I'm an insanely picky eater and am working with very little time in the mornings. Any chance you'd consider an exercise challenge instead? Plus, the challenge you put on my wall to diligently track in my diary?
  • romping
    Options

Let do the diary diligence!!!
    I love the idea, but I'm an insanely picky eater and am working with very little time in the mornings. Any chance you'd consider an exercise challenge instead? Plus, the challenge you put on my wall to diligently track in my diary?
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My partner is luvlyluv!

Looks like she doesn't always log all her food (so not sure on her normal food habits), but my challenge to her is to one day this week eat at least 5 servings of fruits/vegetables in that day! (Of course, trying to do this more than just one day would be awesome, but I don't want to push too much not knowing what she normally eats.)

Wow Kristi...you are good...I don't like vegeatables and dont eat too much fruit either, so this is a great challenge...

I was just looking at your diary and don't really know what challenge to give you...you seem to be doing great food wise and water wise! Nonetheless just think about it right now, how about 30 squats workout for today, thursday, and Saturday.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    weighed myself at the gym today and am down 1lb... which is great...
    and EATING MY VEGETABLES lol as my challenge requires :P 9 this week I believe :P
    1) cauliflower
    2) asparagus
    3) turnips
    4) green beans
    5) celery
    four more to go :D hehe and made it to the gym today for 30 min in the recumbent bike :D
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My partner is luvlyluv!

Wow Kristi...you are good...I don't like vegeatables and dont eat too much fruit either, so this is a great challenge...

I was just looking at your diary and don't really know what challenge to give you...you seem to be doing great food wise and water wise! Nonetheless just think about it right now, how about 30 squats workout for today, thursday, and Saturday.

I always like to try to remind people to eat more fruits and veggies because sometimes it's tough to remember! I've been slacking lately, though.

I think you somehow knew that I hate doing squats, so great challenge! I forgot to check the thread yesterday, so I'll just make sure I get in the 3 separate sets before Monday :) I'll probably do today, friday and sunday since tomorrow is currently scheduled as a rest day (I'm exhausted!)