Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Four!!!

Options

Replies

• MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD - If you could have a celebrity trainer or celebrity chef come and work with you for a month, Who would you pick and why?

Bob Harper! And idk why... I just love him! I love the biggest loser and I love how calm he stays all the time unless you really deserve it.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Celeb Chef: Gordon Ramsay
    Celeb Trainer: Bob Harper
    Why? Because they're both hot!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD - If you could have a celebrity trainer or celebrity chef come and work with you for a month, Who would you pick and why?

Well for chef it would be Rocco. I love how he can turn anytthing we eat into something healthy. For a trainer I would love to have Bob or Jillian. I know they might not be "celebrity" trainers but they know their stuff and how to really get inside you head. After all not only is it a lifestyle change on the outside but also on the inside.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Celeb Chef: Gordon Ramsay
    Celeb Trainer: Bob Harper
    Why? Because they're both hot!

Yes....yes they are :drinker:
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: PERSONAL TRAINER/ CHEF

Trainer: Jillian Michaels because she's tough.
    Chef: Jaime Oliver because he's hot :)
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Trainer: Chris Powell! I've liked him since I saw him on a one-off weight loss documentary on Discovery or TLC. Just the right combination of tough and supportive.

Chef: a toss up between Rachael Ray, Curtis Stone and Jamie Oliver.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    can you imagine if i said Ina Garten or Paula Dean? LOLS.

i really don't know many celebrity trainers name's...what about Britney Spears' trainer from when she first started!! she looked amazing!!!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I think we all struggle with eating well, especially when eating out. How do you deal with restaurants and get-togethers?

I've just started to look at menus before I go out. Like Friday, I went to Bertucci's and I looked at the nutritional information before going out to see what my best choice was. I still struggle with going out with friends, but I feel more confident when I check ahead. Otherwise, I'm going straight for fried or calorie laden foods. :)
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I'm not really sure about either, but I think maybe Bob from Biggest Loser. He seems to have a good mix of cardio and strength and flexibility.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - RESTAURANTS -

if I can't pick out before I go (I MUCH prefer anything local to chains) I by RULE - SPLIT and entree with my hubs OR ask the waiter to pack up 1/2 of my meal togo before he even brings it out. A little awkward I admit - BUT so worth it - I get 2 meals for the price of one AND have made a better choice. Some places I'll even call ahead and ask them if they wouldn't mind preparing me something light - EVERY restaurant has the fix ins in the back to do a piece of meat with ONLY a little olive oil and salt and pepper and Veggies WITHOUT butter - that makes it much easier to be accurate on guessing calories.

Mikey and I will sometimes for a date go to 1 or 2 local restaurants and have a glass of wine and an appetizer at each - try to keep this simply with fruit and cheese board and dishes that don't include lots of sauces :-)

We get a great chance to share a nice evening and don't go home stuffed!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I think we all struggle with eating well, especially when eating out. How do you deal with restaurants and get-togethers?

I try to look ahead to find the best option, or to see how horrendous the food I"m jonesing for is going to be. I will also get the best workout possible done before I go so I have more room to maneuver.

But when all is said and done, if I want the horrendous choice and it puts me over, I"m okay with that.

I now know I can pick up the pieces the next day and move on. One occasional "bad" meal will not break my stride anymore (best NSV ever for me).
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Monday QOTD: Trainer- Jillian coz i am sure she will kick some BUTT
    Chef- Rachel Ray coz her cooking seems to treat her body well

Tuesday QOTD: I am not a fun of eating out- i will have home made anytime before i think of eating out. As for get together's.......it does not happen every day so when it does- i ENJOY.....this is a lifestyle change not a diet so just because i merrily eat one day does not mean i will gain 20 pounds coz guess what? tomorrow is a new day!!!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Trainer: Chris Powell! I've liked him since I saw him on a one-off weight loss documentary on Discovery or TLC. Just the right combination of tough and supportive.

Chef: a toss up between Rachael Ray, Curtis Stone and Jamie Oliver.

Oooohhhh.... I forgot about Curtis Stone! I'd let him cook for me any day ;)
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

If I know I am going out to eat or to a party, I will try to plan my day around it to leave extra calories for the occasion. If I can, I look at the menu and nutritional values ahead of time. That has really made a difference for me in choosing wiser. If I want dessert, I have it, but I share. If I want wine, I have a glass. I don't deprive myself of anything, especially because I'm not doing this every day. And if I go over my calories occasionally because of it, I am fine with that as well. It hasn't hindered my progress. For me, this is a lifestyle change, not a temporary thing, so I've learned that there will be days that will be good and days that won't be as good. And I'm ok with that :)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options

At restaurants I try to look ahead to find something that I want to eat, that won't set me back to far. If it does set me back, I just move on with my life, it doesnt bother me all that much because I can't give up good food for the rest of my life. If I can't look ahead, I get what sounds good and look it up when I get home and consider it a lesson learned.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I try to do some research before I go, and choose wisely, but then I also consider the occasion. If it's a celebration, I try to give myself a little more leeway than if we're just going out because no one feels like cooking.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I would choose Jillian Michaels over Tony from P90X. He is super tough but I think I did his workouts so many times that I can't stand to hear his voice.

TUESDAY:
    I do a lot of what everyone is saying here.
    Plan ahead ->small lunch and research what I want to order before I go out to dinner.
    I like to indulge myself but I don't like to feel stuffed and I don't like the feeling of "ohhh I shouldn't have kept going."
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: I am terrible, I wont go out until i look at the menu online and pick what I'll have. Or I just go to the same place over and over. If my friends want to stop and eat something, and I don't know the calories, i just wont eat. I tend to not go out much at all, lol. Don't judge me.
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options

I have a couple of strategies myself!

Restaurants:

I scope out the menu on MFP before I even get there/go in, that way I have a plan, don't need to look at the menu and see all the tempting options, and I don't look like a crazy health freak while I'm at the table with my friends looking through the options in my calorie tracker ;) Next, I pop a fresh piece of sugar free gum as I'm walking in the restaurant door so I can resist snacking on appetizers with my friends and I order hot tea or water and sip on that until my meal comes. If it's a buffet, I try to stick to two foods because if you have a ton of variation on your plate, apparently you don't notice that you eat a ton more.

Get-Togethers:

I always volunteer to bring snacks. I have IBS, so it's pretty easy to get away with being like "Oh, I have a lot of food intolerances, so do you mind if I bring a couple of snacks for the party?" Generally people are INCREDIBLY receptive when you offer to bring food, and then I usually bring a fruit/veggie tray, maybe a shrimp platter (protein!), or I cook/bake some of my own healthier recipes and then try my damnedest to just stick to what I brought!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I have an app on my Android called Restaurant Nutrition. It's got the nutrition information for whole menus of every chain restaurant you can imagine! If I'm going out to eat (which happens often when I'm with my parents) I can consult it beforehand, or even while I'm flipping through the menu at the restaurant!

If I'm going somewhere that people are making food and there's no way to know what's in it (which is the same rule I use for mom-n-pop type restaurants where they cook with as much butter as love) I just try to do my best. That's when I rely on what I've learned thus far. I try to eat smaller bits, watch how things are cooked, and don't skip veggies. Worst case, I'll go over a little (when I make 'best guesses' with what's in the database) but one day won't unravel me if I don't let it.