I dont want to drink my calories!!!

Options
My weakness is high calorie coffee drinks!!! I am down to about 12oz of coffee a day, but they are usually 2/3 coffee- 1/3 cream. I really enjoy the peppermint mocha creamer. These are calories I don’t need!! I have tried the fat free creams and they are horrible to me. I do not like coffee black. My husband jokes that I should just heat up the cream and drink it straight… LOL. I have also tried a variety of teas. Any suggestions I would be grateful. I don’t want to drink my calories anymore…….but still want something warm and comforting. Please help!

Replies

• Legalchica
    Options
    sugar free lattes with fat free milk. you will get used to it....
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I don't make coffee at home but a small skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks is only 90 calories
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    low fat hot chocolate or a warm cup of tea.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    While it's not ideal, look for sugar free syrups. A lot of flavor with no calories, add in a bit of skim or low fat milk for a bit of creaminess.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Just start using less creamer, then switch to real half and half, then you can make the leap to 2% milk. I love coffee too much to ruin it with a bunch of crap in it.
  • evil_rider
    Options
    Boils down to which you want more, creamer or health. Today is yours to win. Get after it.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I stopped my Starbucks addiction and started making coffee at home. Theres so many different coffee flavors and creamers (in low fat and sugar-free) that you can make your coffee taste how you want.

P.S. Davinci sugar-free syrups are WONDERFUL!!!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    soy creamer has about half of the calories of half and half (15-20 vs 40 per T)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Try some of the herbal teas. There are tons of flavors, and maybe one will strike you as a good replacement. I love teas with vanilla in them. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't really suggest a particular one that might be a good replacement.

Can you try replacing your cream with skim milk? Even if you had to do it gradually to get accustomed to it.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Use less creamer?
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your options are for where you live, but. I drink a lot of tea, myself, and one of the companies in Canada has a couple of teas you might be interested in. They have a mint chocolate black tea called Read My Lips which is *sinfully* delicious, and they also have a mint chocolate rooibos tea which is a good option if you want to cut caffeine. Both are amazing, and have, at most, something like 3-4 calories per cup, even with the chocolate!

Chocolate tea can take a little getting used to because at first you are expecting something thicker and sweeter...but if you stick with it, it's fantastic! They also have some teas that utilize just a liiiiittle bit of coffee, so if you don't want to totally sacrifice the coffee taste you can always mix two teas together, and still get that coffee-chocolate-mint taste!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    go cold turkey and go black coffee.

I did this in May....no cream, no sugar, no sweeteners....just black.

now I actually really like it this way.

I used to be a Splenda junkie...you could try that. but personally, I'm trying to go more natural now. Agave or Maple Syrup, but again higher in cals. Stevia is natural and pretty low I think

for milk..you could try unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk etc.
  • nifnerf
    nifnerf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a large coffee from Tim Hortons as a double double only to find out it had something like 230 calories in it! So I slowly cut down, one week would be 1 1/2 cream 1 1/2 sugar, then two weeks later, 1 cream, 1 sugar, etc and now I'm down to 1/2 a cream and 1/2 a sugar. I tried a sip of a double double the other day and i was so sweet I almost gagged so that is my advice: Start reducing slowly and yes you will get used to it! It just might take awhile.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Skinny lattes with fat free milk and NO WHIP cream, Sugar free Creamers not Fat free. Sugar free tastes better. Coconut milk instead of half n half. Instead of a 12 oz, drink ONE cup. If you make yourself one cup of coffee you only need one or two tablespoons of creamer. I neverrrr use those oversize coffee mugs anymore or any coffee mug. Why, because I really dont need all that caffeine and you need so much more cream and sugar when you have a huge serving. Hope it helps :)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    low cal creamer

less creamer

soy creamer

willpower

all options
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like my creamer with my coffee as well. I don't drink coffee often and when I do it's from home. I have a 12 cup coffeemaker, but to be honest it's wasted on me. I never make THAT much coffee. I've learned to look at my calories/sugars on the creamer I buy. I suggest you *try* to go down to 8 ounces of coffee and add the suggested serving size of creamer (for mine it's 1 tablespoon). Think of it this way, the less coffee you drink, the less creamer you need, therefore the less calories you consume through your beverage.
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can you either lessen the creamer or drink half the amount that you drink? Or maybe don't drink it as frequently.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    sugar free lattes with fat free milk. you will get used to it....

There is no such thing as a "sugar free" latte with milk...there is lactose in the milk. You can do no added sugar as in adding a sugar free syrup. Or you could use a milk alternative to cut back on the sugar, but even then, I think unsweetened almond or soy milk still have a tiny bit of sugar.
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    I had the same issue, I love my Starbucks Via's w/ almond joy creamer but honestly when I looked at the big picture all that sugar/calories in the creamer wasnt worth it. I love coffee so much though that I started using Coffee Mate sugar free hazelnut creamer and it really isnt too bad, you get used to it not being quite so sweet.