BRIDE TO BE 2012 CHALLENGE

Options
Hey Ladies!

I thought it would be a great idea to start a Bride To Be 2012 Challenge!. This is were we can update each other on how we are feeling, and of course are accomplishments! So here's the first challenge: 15lbs by Jan 1, 2012!! That's 7.5 lbs a month! Every Sunday we can post our weigh in. Once we hit Jan 1st, 2012! Our next 2 month goal will start. I'm open to any ideas, whether its lbs lost, miles walked, or just staying within our calories.

Current weight 205lbs
Goals weight by Jan 1st: 190lbs

Good luck to my girls!!

Love ,

Lisa

Replies

• SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Not only do I have support from my other friends on here but now I have Brides to be with me too! EXCITED! I'm good with weight and cals! But I'm down for whatever works!

Current weight :289
    Goal by Jan1: 274!

Lots of luck!

Sarah
  • Lisapokie27
    Lisapokie27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad your in this with me!!
  • Lisapokie27
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad your in this with me!!
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great challenge, especially because it will keep us accountable during the holiday season!

Current Weight: 163
    Goal by Jan 1: 148 (oh man! that looks tough!)
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa!

I have less than 15 to lose, but I'd love to be a part of this :)

Though I'm only set up to lose .5 pounds a week since I'm so close to my goal--I probably won't reach it before January :)

Current Weight--146.6
    Goal Weight--135

I'm getting married June 9th, 2012--so I hope to reach my goal early next year and maintain from there.
  • Lisapokie27
    Options
    Any lbs lost is a wonderful gain! I'm glad your on board whether its 5 or 100 lbs.
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of this challenge.... although we dont have a wedding date set yet, and I've got at least a year based on us wanting to get married in the cooler months of the year. But If I could get to my goal weight prior to a possible wedding date and maintain it, that would be amazing!

Current Weight--205.2
    Goal Weight--190.2

I'm in a Christmas Challenge as well, and that one's to lose 20lbs by Christmas... which could happen, just need to stay focus and determined :)
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BTW, Congrats to you all on your engagement! If your guys are anything like mine, we are the luckyest women alive!!! lol
  • LiSilvaroli
    LiSilvaroli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Congrats to all the other bides to be!

Current weight: 148
    Goal by Jan 1st: 133
  • msmmrobinson
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am getting married 5/11/13!!!

I am totally obsessed with the scale so I had my teenage daughter hide it and I am not allowed to have it back until Thanksgiving morning.

My current weight is: 281

Since I have so much to lose I am just taking it 10 pounds at a time.

January 1st goal weight : 266
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    sounds good, i'm in.......no date set yet, but i'd rather be one step ahead

SW- 172
    CW -168
    mini goal- 155
    GW- 140
  • catundra75
    Options
    I'd love to join also! I am getting married next April (and honeymooning on a cruise) and I am stressed about getting to my goal weight in plenty of time to do some shopping! This sounds like a good way to push myself to lose as much as possible before the new year!

My current weight: 163
    My goal weight: 135
    Weight by Jan. 1st: 148
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm in - wedding on 24th Feb, so the first 15lbs is my big target. Are we starting this Sunday or does this Sunday's loss count?

I need a signature....
  • dablaksista
    dablaksista Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Aww wow! A thread about brides to me like me!!! Can I join in? Only thing is that I get married in Sept 2013.

I wanna be a slim bride!
  • Lisapokie27
    Options
    First weigh in is on the 30th and yes anyone can join!! So excited!
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    GREAT! And congrats on your engagement! I too am working on losing weight for my wedding next June :P Honeymooning in Hawaii and I want to wear one of those cute Victoria's Secret bikinis that say "Bride" on the butt in sequins...and do not come in big sizes!
    Add me to the list!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I don't have 15 to lose, but I do want to lose about 8-10 pounds before my April 29th wedding, so count me in, if that's ok with you fabulous ladies :bigsmile:
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to set my ideal weight loss in that period as 8 pounds...I've tried getting started really aggressively before and it always backfires on me. I get frustrated if I'm not doing as well as I want, and when I'm frustrated I'm much more likely to backpeddle. I also just broke my foot so I can't exercise for the next 3 weeks, so have to be realistic! My goal is 30 lbs between now and August, but I'll be really happy if I can get it off well before then! Glad to be participating with you all...

Current: 156
    Jan 1: 148
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Getting married May of 2012!! :) I hope to lose 20 pds before my big day.
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am in, if you'll have me.... I'm getting married in Las Vegas on December 14th, 2012. Have lots to still lose.