Sixers Spring into Summer Challenge Week 1

Options

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm just checking in! I am super busy and stressed right now- my car got hit 2 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it and now they tried to say that I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL CAR! :noway: So it's just a bunch of drama and I'm ready for it all to be over. School is busy busy busy and I need to study to catch up... I've been doing good at exercising daily and sticking to my calories! YAY! finally. :bigsmile:
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I can still join? I joined this website on Monday so I'm REAL new to this

My starting weight is 174.6 my goal weight in 6 weeks? Let's say 165
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    sure just copy the list above and add your name and stats.
    welcome :flowerforyou:
    all newbies.....can you give us a little info about yourself.....(if you want).
    we just started this 6 week challenge and off to a good start.....(getting my groove back a few days late)
    we weigh in on tuesday mornings.
    again welcome.....
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Brandy
    SW 174 lbs/ GW 161 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS - 3
    Shanell
    SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 211 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    Cathy
    SW 203 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 203 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    EM:
    SW 146.4 lbs/GW 141.4 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Tan
    SW 289 lbs/GW 279 lbs / CW 289 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Rhiannon
    SW 180 lbs/ GW 170 lbs/ CW 180 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/ GW185 lbs/ CW198 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Robin
    SW 185.5lbs/ GW 179.5lbs/ CW 185.5lbs PROGRESS
    Kristin
    SW 169 lbs/ GW 175 lbs/ CW 169 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    TudorRose----SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4 lbs/ GW 148 lbs/ CW 153.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Tammara
    SW 211lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW211 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Lauryn
    SW ???lbs/ GW ???lbs/ CW lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    Brittany
    SW lbs/ GW 205/ CW 220 PROGRESS +1 lbs... sigh
    Tiff
    SW 152.2lbs/ GW 141.6lbs/ CW 152.2 lbs PROGRESS 0.00

Katie
    SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs PROGRESS
    Katy
    Robin
    Connie
    Cassidy
    Deb
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One question: what does CW stand for?
    I'm new to this website, I'm hoping my keeping a diary and reading about other folks struggling with the same issues I can lose the 30+ lbs I've gained over the last 6 yrs.
    I'm married with two teenage kids who are eating me out of house and home. I have to keep snacks for them in the house so they don't starve which makes this a little bit harder. I love to be active, biking, kayaking, jazzercise is my newest obsession but unfortunately I really LOVE to eat. I need to find a happy balance and to fit comfortably into the clothes in my closet. I refuse to buy new clothes!!!

Actually I have another question, my base caloric intake is 1395, something like that. Then I walked for 20 minutes and did 55 minutes of Jazzercise (which I highly recommend to anyone, it's a blast!) so that added something like 580 calories to my intake....

so should I be consuming 1395 or 1985 calories ?

Brandy
    Shanell
    Cathy
    EM:
    Tan
    Rhiannon
    Amy
    Robin
    Kristin
    AmyLou
    Tammara
    Lauryn
    Brittany
    Tiff
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 174.6 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.00

Katie
    Katy
    Robin
    Connie
    Cassidy
    Deb
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

steph....CW is current weight. as for eating all your exercise calories is completely a personal thing. i don't eat mine. i also don't eat the calorie count they tell me. i do a different formula. i eat 1400 to 1500. i burn anywhere from 400 to 1100. i exercise at gym 3xs a week and at home 2-3xs a week. i take one day for sure may 2 for rest day. saturday is always my rest day. hope this helps some. :flowerforyou:
    pdx....how you feeling? isn't it nice not haveing the attacks?
    pedal...how did you day go? stay on plan?
    tiff...study hard
    tamm...are you sleeping better?
    amylou....how was your busy day?
    shanell...come on hon get back to it. you were doing so great. i know you are tired. you did great through the busy 2 weeks.
    kisten...how are you doing?
    brandy, tan, em, rose, lauryn...hope you have a great day.
    anyone i missed. hope you are doing well. off to the gym in a few....

later :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Just a quick check in...I had my April appointment yesterday and baby's heartbeat is great! Set up the next ultrasound (the big one) for April 30th! I can't wait!!!! So...things are good with me!:bigsmile:

Hope you are all well! Hope to catch up more later! Off to start some work!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.

Losing my job hit home with me Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Stayed home in bed all day yesterday, crying. Had to let those tears out.

I'm either eating until I'm sick or not eating at all. Before long, the pendulum will quit swinging and I'll come to a happy middle.

I'll weigh in today since I'm back at the gym with my scales. Eventually I will have to buy scales for home since I won't continue with my gym after the end of May (my gym is at my work).

I can't focus on work today at all. This sucks eggs.
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    Morning Ladies. :flowerforyou:

:heart: Newbies. welcome to all the newbies. this group is really great... I jumped in about 2 challenges ago... and these ladies helped me through a major plateu... anyways welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Lauryn. Keep your head up!!! I know something better will come along!!! :flowerforyou: as always we are here for you!!!

:heart: kristin. that is soooo exciting... :bigsmile: April 30th!!!! yeay!!!

:heart: chipper. morning!!! you are always so on top of things... I really hope that some of that motivation will rub off on me ASAP :laugh:

:heart: pdx. how are you doing? i hope all is well and you are feeling better! :flowerforyou:

:heart: pedal, tiff, tamm, amylou, shanell, brandy, rose good morning! hope all is well. to anyone i missed (sorry) and have a great HEALTHY day!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, I'm glad you let your feelings out about it and I hope that you find your happy medium soon. This is a really really rough one!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

RedSox, I'm glad you're keeping on! You've got a lot happening but stick to it :smile:

Cathy, I had another great day yesterday. I think this is all a very big exercise in being honest with myself!

AmyLou, how was the crazy day??

Amy, how are you feeling?

Kristin, YAY!!! That big u/s is SO exciting. Can't wait!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, my kiddos are both spending the afternoon at my best friend's house so I'll have the afternoon to myself (first time since having two!) and I'm totally torn about whether to clean like crazy or go to the gym or just chill out or.. or.. or... We'll see! I'm leaning toward the gym because I was reading some really cool workouts in my Oxygen mag last night.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    afternoon all....

redsox...don't know if i am on top of things all the time. i try to be most of the time. i have to be or i won't get anywhere in this weight loss road. it's like if i want it i need to work it. i figure the faster i get there the better. :wink:

had a good workout at the gym, changed things up some. burned 1000. those two days of eating cause a pound and a half gain. so need to get if off before tuesday. next week i am starting my jar. i have it ready to go.

well, off to the store. have a turkey breast in the crock pot. store had them on sale for 99 cents a pound. so i got a few of them for under $5 a piece. not bad. having dressing to go with it and green beans or squash havn't decided yet.

later :heart:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to everyone. I'm still around. Just extremeley stressed and trying to get in a comfortable way right now. Well, gotta get back to work, gotta leave early to take the oldest to the dentist today.

Later, I'll post more later on.

Bye:drinker:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hey quick shout out as well.

Giving heads up, I won't be on much this week I dont think. I have like.. 7 papers that need to be done and handed in this coming week. two of them over 20 pages.

so <3 u all
    B
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'll catch up with everyone later... I just need to get this off my chest.
    Parents had a huge row earlier, one of the worst I've seen. I don't know the full details, as I had to take the dog out, he was shaking so much (which shows how bad the row was- AND my mother would normally stop dead in her tracks if he got upset) but I heard banging as well as yelling- LOTS of it. It was my fault, too- I asked my stepdad what he was doing about one of his cars, which is a bone of contention between them, and things just spiralled pretty fast. My mother came out and told me either he was moving out or she was. I apologised and she said it wasn't my fault and I'd done them a favour because it needed bringing to a head (she's almost left him twice, that I know of, in the last few years), which kinda sounds like my fault to me. Anyway, she now thinks I'm angry at her and I asked him if he's angry with me, to which he replied: "no,, I'm just angry". Given all the shouting and throwing of things earlier, I'm slightly scared to leave them for a whole day- but I have to go to work. I can't afford to skip work, it'll get me sacked and I need the money and references and won't bode well in my hunt for a job after uni- which sounds so selfish, I know. I just wish I could take the dog and cat with me to work, save them getting scared by all the yelling. THEY sure as hell don't deserve it and of course, can't explain to them- poor dog wouldn't calm down at all for quite some time. I don't know what to do- call in to work and risk my job, my finances and my job hunt... or go to work and risk coming back to a demolished house, the end of a marriage and two traumatised pets :cry: :brokenheart:
  • Crystal715
    Options
    Hey wondering if I can get in on this challenge I know I am a little late

start weight 175 goal weight 163

I really need to lose at least 40 pounds but I have to get at least 20 off I feel before my daughters birthday the 1st of August. I need some major support and motivation. I have been trying to lose this 40 pounds for almost 5 years now and I just can't stand it anymore.

Thanks!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    oh boy rose....i am so sorry. i think you just happen to get caught up into something that WASN'T your fault. like you mother said it was building. i know my DH & i just had it out yesterday. it's in my blog. go to work. there isn't anything you can do for them (parents). they are adults and need to do what's best for them. go to work....
    crystal....please join us. we will weigh in on tues morning. i will repost the list and add your name. than all you have to do is update it when the new week 2 thread is posted on tues. we would like to know a little about you if you don't mind. you will love this group we are great people if i do say so myself :wink: .

hope everyone has a great weekend. shanell & i are going out yard saling to find some goodies for sons new home. he will move out next week :bigsmile: . i am taking the granddaughters for a few days this week. it's spring break. i will check in tomorrow.

nightie night...:yawn:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    Brandy
    Shanell
    Cathy
    EM:
    Tan
    Rhiannon
    Amy
    Robin
    Kristin
    AmyLou
    Tammara
    Lauryn
    Brittany
    Tiff
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 174.6 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.00
    Crystal
    SW 175 lbs/GW 163 lbs/CW 175 lbs PROGRESS =/- 0

Katie
    Katy
    Robin
    Connie
    Cassidy
    Deb
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ((((((HUGS)))))) lauryn....it will work out. i know it seems like it won't at this time. did the crying relieve some tension? do you feel better? if not cry some more. throw things if you need to. we are here for you. yell and scream at us if you need too.
    loves :heart: to you....
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey There my wonderful Sixers!!!!:drinker: I must say this.... you can shoot me in my foot later. We all seem really busy for the first time in a while. I hope we will all stay focused even threw all the stress and complications. It is starting to warm up here and the worst thing for me would be me knowing I had a few slacker months or moments just because I didn't keep my goal in sight. I hope we all set some realistic goals and we can reach them with our hands raised high in the air. I love you all and to the newbies.... enjoy this group. We have a wonderful bond.

Roll call!!!!!:wink:

Tiff- glad you are staying focused threw the stress. Staying within your caloric goals and working out is going to pay off soon. Love ya Sis!!! Good luck!

Tudor- I hope things get better. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Sometimes we hold things in until they just spill out over the smallest things. Thank God pets are so forgiving. I know you and your family will do well. Take care girlie!!!

B- Good luck with all those papers. Get some rest!!!

Shanell- This is dental health year for you and your family. That makes me smile!! Hope the stress decreases. Glad you are hanging in there

Cathy- Glad you are still doing well. It makes me smile to see you so zoned in on your goals. Congrats!!

Tan- Glad to see you back . How is the fasting going? Do you plan to switch to a balanced caloric intake soon? Hope you are staying focused. Best wishes!!

Rhiannon- Thanks for your meal planning. You are a shining example of how to plan properly!!! You help me make it a priority. I actually get 25 cents every night I plan for the next night!!! Just haven't started posting it on here yet!!! LOL.

Amylou- Good luck w/ everything ... busy lady!! Stay focused!!

RedSox- Good luck w/ staying on track this weekend. Remember!!! Don't make your yesterday's your todays!!! If you mess up... don't look back but for a second to learn from it... then live for today! EACH meal is a new chance!!!

Amy- Glad to see you are doing good. Are you adjusted now?

Stephanie- Welcome to the group!

Lauryn- Hope it all works out! I know it will. You are a strong lady. I'm proud of you for sharing. I can still remember when you first shared!!! YAY.... How was the trip?

ANd.... KATIE??? Where are you? You are missed!!! Let me know how you are doing?!

Well ladies.... I had a boo boo this week!!!:sad: :smooched::laugh: :explode: :grumble: :noway: Its that TOM and I wasn't feeling well. I went to bed at my normal late time and when I woke up I knew something was wrong. I woke up 5 minutes after I was supposed to be at work. LOL!!! I had missed 4 calls and slept threw 3 alarms. I guess I was tired .... to say the least. So last night I was in bed earlier. YAY. Sometimes we learn by being bad first.

LONG POST.... Take care ladies

Tamm:drinker:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hey all! Looks like everyone is just busy , busy, busy!

I am feeling ok. Tired still. Trying to figure out what I can eat and what I cant eat. My digestive track just is not ready for alot right now! I am feeling really sluggish too. I go to the doc on the 10th and hope to get the ok to start the exercise up again. 1 more week!

We have a busy weekend. Its supposed to be 69! So we are putting a roof on our shed we are building. Also the little one has his very first T-Ball game on saturday! He is so very excited about it. The teen-ager went up to his dad's in Seattle which means we drive for 3 hours round trip to take him tonight and then we have to turn around and do it Sunday again. At least it is 1 time per month!

I am making a grocery store list. We have a goal of not eating out at all for the next 7 days. That is hard. We get so busy that it just becomes easy. Plus until today I dont think I could have stood in the kitchen long enough to make a good meal. Tomorrow night is Shrimp and Corn chowder from my Cooking Light Magazine.

I also have myself worked up about something my surgeon said. He thinks that my extreme anemia might be due to fibroids. I am not ready for my child bearing years to be over. I dont see my GYN until May 15th so I will worry myself sick about it until then!