MFP Potluck...

Options
124»

Replies

• couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I would bring in the pork - Puerto Rican style - the pig roasting over the pit deal with all the Puerto Rican seasonings...I'd post a picture but people are super sensitive, so I'd bring the pork. Way I make it the pork LITERALLY is dripping off the bone.

That and my classic Hurricane. Recipe calls for a cup of rum...I put A WHOLE BOTTLE in it and then put it in a large container :drinker:

Please share the Hurricane recipe!:flowerforyou:

Pat O' Brien's Hurricane Recipe:

Mix 4 oz. of any good dark rum with 4 oz. Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Mix
    Fill 26 oz. glass with crushed ice
    Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry - that's single serve, the classic way.

Now What I Do:

Take bottle of Pat O'Brien's mix. Fill blender with ice, then half mix, half rum (I used to use Don Q Crystal, but Bacardi Silver works fine). Turn blender on until really slushy, pour out into large bottle/container. Continue until rum and mix are gone.

Take container and SEAL IT, place in fridge for a couple of days. Will quite likely make the lightweights drunk just smelling it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Huge pot of pork green chili and home brew.

I will not make either in the sink.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    washcloth...

You can just leave that at home...

Agreed :bigsmile:

THIS ^^^ :tongue:
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    washcloth...

lol
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I would bring in the pork - Puerto Rican style - the pig roasting over the pit deal with all the Puerto Rican seasonings...I'd post a picture but people are super sensitive, so I'd bring the pork. Way I make it the pork LITERALLY is dripping off the bone.

That and my classic Hurricane. Recipe calls for a cup of rum...I put A WHOLE BOTTLE in it and then put it in a large container :drinker:

Please share the Hurricane recipe!:flowerforyou:

Pat O' Brien's Hurricane Recipe:

Mix 4 oz. of any good dark rum with 4 oz. Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Mix
    Fill 26 oz. glass with crushed ice
    Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry - that's single serve, the classic way.

Now What I Do:

Take bottle of Pat O'Brien's mix. Fill blender with ice, then half mix, half rum (I used to use Don Q Crystal, but Bacardi Silver works fine). Turn blender on until really slushy, pour out into large bottle/container. Continue until rum and mix are gone.

Take container and SEAL IT, place in fridge for a couple of days. Will quite likely make the lightweights drunk just smelling it.

Thanks! (Hate to admit it but I'm a lightweight) Love a good hurricane!
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options
    Well Iamfit, since you have me thinking about gyros, that is what I am going to bring.

So everyone better have a kick *kitten* burn before the party to have enough calories. :bigsmile:

YUM! Gyros. Only the fit people can understand why I say I need to go to the gym before going to the party.
  • mabrams184
    Options
    How about some white bean chicken chili? It is actually really good. Just a little spicy and fairly good nutrition.
    Will there be Show and Tell after we eat? :]
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options
    I am very hungry after reading all these great sounding foods. I would bring some Turkey chili and hot sauce.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'll bring the camera to document all the antics I'm sure will be going on with HOSED49's lack of clothing.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Well Iamfit, since you have me thinking about gyros, that is what I am going to bring.

So everyone better have a kick *kitten* burn before the party to have enough calories. :bigsmile:

Whew! Re-read and am very relieved you're not bringing gynos! :drinker:

Nope. I already put my name on the list to inspect the kitty's :tongue:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Chili and beer!

Turkey chili and Mich Ultra right???

The turkey chili would be all right, but OH HELL NO to that horrible excuse for a beer!

lol....................................
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered strawberries
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Forks
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I often bring the chocolate covered strawberries too! (the trick to those is use really good chocolate and nice ripe strawberries, I think the best batch I ever made was done with Godiva chocolate..)

But I'll bring a home made tomato pie like I just made, made with fresh local tomatoes and basil and mozzarella cheese in a home made whole grain crust...:happy: