Is being called thick a good thing? lol

Options
13»

Replies

• valex0803
    valex0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Being think is def a good thing. Like everyone says it just means you have nice curves. YOU GO GIRL! lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I've been called thick from all kinds of people (of all racial background) .. I guess it's a compliment :)
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I, too, have been in your shoes and not known what to make of that "thick" comment. While I know it's meant as a compliment, I've never thought of it as such, until recently. With my weight loss recently, I've had many people say, "Hey, SKINNY!" or "OH! Look how SKINNY you are!" While I appreciate that people have made notice, I don't want to be a "skinny girl" either. I just want to be a fit girl, who's happy with the way that I am. So, here's to being happy in our own achievements and accomplishments and to hell with the external validation! Congrats on the weightloss thus far!!
    -Andi
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Definite Compliment...
  • cougfn69
    cougfn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Think of it as PHAT...
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    heh! they say you learn something new everyday! lol I would have totally taken that as an insult, looks like I would have been wrong haha

ETA I'm in atlantic canada and thick can mean "stupid" or "heavy"
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    yea a guy asked me if i had always been so thick. i got mad and asked if he'd always been so skinny. apparently he was trying to compliment me. :P oops
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    COMPLIMENT!!!! :) it is strange i know but it means you got it in the right places! work it girl!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Compliment all the way!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    COMPLIMENT, !!!!!!!!!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well.. it's supposed to be a compliment, but black men like bigger girls. So, it's up to you to interpret it how you will.

Someone said Jenifer Lopez is thick.. um.. no she isnt

A compliment is a compliment and thick=curvy. Therefore Jennifer Lopez is um thick! And what does your GENERALIZATION about black men have to do with her being "thick"?
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting the whole black men like bigger women means your thick. My understanding of thick is a full bust, tight waist, plump round butt, firm thighs and legs. The way some of you say bigger that makes me say fat or out of shape. Being called thick is a good thing in my book. If you see yourself as too big then thick is not the word for you.
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't know how to exactly take it. To them they like bigger girls and that's great, lol ,but I don't want to be a "bigger" girl. If it meant like Beyonce thick....I think I could handle that, she's beautiful! Either way I guess it's motivation to keep losing this weight.

I feel the same way. I hate that they typically like bigger girls and then they like me, cos I dont want to be classified as "big"! But, honestly, at least they give compliments! I can't remember the last time a lil nerdy caucasian gave me a direct compliment!

LOL!! Too funny!
  • SwedishMeatBrawl
    Options
    i'm 5'7'' and 167 pounds and i got called thick 3 times in one week out of nowhere all on different occasions and everyone said that it was a compliment.. i joke about being hopelessly white with my coworkers that i was like you need to break this down for me.. wtf does this mean.. they're like, this means you have thickness is sexy places aka hips,butt and chest... mine is the booty haha... so unless they had a mean inflection in their voice, i'd say its a good thing
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Being thick isn't a bad thing, means you got curvs in the right places
    Exactly!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Alright so I have lost 10-12 lbs. I feel great about it but I know I have a long ways to go. But I couldn't help but notice that all my african american friends keep telling me I'm thick. I went out one night downtown for a friends birthday and a guy yelled at me and said "Dang girl, you're thick!" I don't really know how to take this. Haha did I just get called fat or was this a compliment?

Compliment. I was just having this conversation with a guy friend of mine at work and he says most of his friends prefer a "thick" girl. It doesn't mean she's fat, it means she's got curves! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!