Dear Mom!

Options
Moofey
Moofey Posts: 444
Dear Mom,

I love you and I understand that I live in your house and respect you completely. But you DO NOT understand that constant and consistent clicking to me is like someone smacking food. You are on your iPod clicking away while I am trying to watch T.V., eat, work out, talk to you, talk on the phone. You sit on your iPod while dad and I are trying to enjoy T.V. and all I hear is loud clicking... This has been going on for a year now and you wonder why I get so angry and storm off after an hour of trying to be in peace, I CAN HEAR THE CLICKING THROUGH MY DOOR. No matter how many times I ask or how mad I get you DO NOT turn your sound effects off. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIGURE OUT WHERE THE MUTE BUTTON IS

You call me nuts for getting mad, the first month I was okay but this is A YEAR later. PLEASE LEARN TO TURN THE &$^*$#$&^%$ SOUND EFFECTS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your loving daughter

Moofey :)

LET ME ADD THIS

I planned on moving out 4-5 months ago, it took me a VERY long time to save up 5,000.00. I do pay for everything I use, even food. But I did total my car, and also helped with the hospital bills. So that whiped me out, that is why I am still home now. Trying to save up money again... My parents are fine with it but I would like to be out in November.

What is something that annoys you about someone you love?

Do tell!

Replies

• jordanashley19
    Options
    That was something I've never seen on the message board.
    :laugh:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    There isn't room enough on the posting board.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I could make a list of things my kids do that annoy me, but I only have 3 hours until my kickboxing class, and I don't want to miss it.
  • darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    My mom does a few things I cannot STAND. She makes this really gross noise with her napkins. She like rubs them really tightly between her fingers and the sound makes my skin crawl. Shes in school now too, and whenever shes reading her textbooks she reads under her breath. i never say anything because i want her to learn and do her best, but it bugs the crap out of me! but i love her none the less :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I could make a list of things my kids do that annoy me, but I only have 3 hours until my kickboxing class, and I don't want to miss it.

although i don't have a kickboxing class i was thinking the same thing.. I would really love to make it to bed at a decent hour :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You are very angry today.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My mother passed away 2 years ago this past June. We didn't always get along, BUT, not a day goes by that I don't MISS her so much. Be thankful that she's still here to annoy the SH%^ out of you!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I was the same way with my husband's phone and it beeping everytime he punched in a number. He didn't take care of it, so I asked if he would mind if i took care of it for him. He didn't mind, so I turned the sounds off and he hasn't noticed anything different.

Just go change it for her.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    move out
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Maybe she knows it annoys you and she's trying to persuade you to move out on your own.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    move out

^^ exactly.

I wish my mother was still here. I sure wouldn't be making a fuss that her ipod clicks.

get over yourself:p sheesh
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Dear Daughter,

I apologize that my clicking bothers you. Be out by Friday.

Sincerely,
    Mom
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    move out

Maybe she knows it annoys you and she's trying to persuade you to move out on your own.

This. Or shut up about it.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If someone I love annoys me, I tell them, rather than post it on MFP. I'm kind of grown up like that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Perhaps she finds your "corkiness" and "spunk" equally annoying.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    move out

^^ exactly.

I wish my mother was still here. I sure wouldn't be making a fuss that her ipod clicks.

get over yourself:p sheesh
    :flowerforyou:
    I would feel the same if it were my mom...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Dear Moofey,

I realize the sound of my keys on my iPod bothers you. It's MY house. You're 21 years old, so feel free to move out. Our doors are always open, and you're welcome to stay until you finish college, but shut up about what annoys you in MY house.

K? Thanks.

Mom
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    When you move out and have your own place you get to set the rules.

That's one of the most awesome things about being a grown-up.

:flowerforyou:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Dear Moofey,

I realize the sound of my keys on my iPod bothers you. It's MY house. You're 21 years old, so feel free to move out. Our doors are always open, and you're welcome to stay until you finish college, but shut up about what annoys you in MY house.

K? Thanks.

Mom

Man, Macpatti, we are often on different sides of a debate, but you nailed it. Well done.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I moved out so she doesn't drive me nuts anymore. In her words, "We are the closests we have ever been, and all it took was space!"
This discussion has been closed.