is it wrong to think i can live alone(single) all my life??

Options
RuchikaPal
RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
lately i've kinda been feeling that its better to live alone...... then there wont b any unnecessary responsibilities... n fights over smallest things.... no one would expect you to change urself..... isnt life better off single forever??????

P.S. this is coming from someone who used to be a hopeless romantic....... :huh:

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    living alone is awesome! Boys smell.

edit to say i have a man, but he's messy...therefore i. live. alone. :laugh:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    My uncle has been single all his life and he's happy. I've been thinking the same thing as yourself.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope it can happen :) i agree 100% and if you get lonely, then get a boy toy or girl or whatever lol
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    To each their own. No one way is right so you just do you.

I'm a single mom, never been married and I'm not rushing to the altar. I'm ok with my little life with my little guy.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I often think that too. But, we would get lonely. Something must have happened to make you a bit jaded. It will probably pass. I often don't answer my phone or my door, or I skip social events to be alone. It's like a teeny vacation. You should try it. ;)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I love my husband with my whole heart and I love being married to him more than I ever imagined, but if I were ever single again, for whatever reason, I highly doubt I would ever marry again. I have no issues with being alone or having a "special friend" that would be great for nights out and the occasional booty call but I will never commit myself to another person again.

I don't think it's wrong at all.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing wrong w that! Sounds smart to me:-)
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Living alone is far easier than making concessions for someone else. Just because you chose not to cohabitate doesn't mean you can't have relationships.
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    It depends on who you are.. some people are happier being alone - others want and need someone else around. I've never liked to be alone, and that's caused me to make some poor relationship choices in the past, but eventually I found a good guy!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Nope it can happen :) i agree 100% and if you get lonely, then get a boy toy or girl or whatever lol

Lol ^^ as usual agree with MaLisa! I've had times blissfully happy with men and others where I couldn't care less if I was single forever. If you're feeling happy at that moment, then you're doing the right thing :-)
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    it is perfectly fine! doesn't mean you can't date adn have fun but living alone is actually less stressful!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My great aunt was single all her life and seemed very content in her life. Now, she didn't live alone per say, she took care of her parents as they got older, or maybe it was just her dad, can't remember, and she always had at least one dog, but she hever married and never had kids. Not for lack of offers, either, but just never was inclined to marry. If it feels right to you, then do it, whatever it is, good luck!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's coming from someone who STILL is a hopeless romantic.
    I'll start the (air-popped, butter-free) popcorn and watch the boys flock to answer.
    Single guys, proceed...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking it from a "Woes me" stance then it's wrong to think it. I could live for the rest of my life without being in a relationship, but it doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility that it might happen. I think a better stance would be that you are content being single forever.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    nope. not wrong at all. just get a bunch of cats.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    to each their own! find what makes you happy and go with it! maybe you should adopt a stray animal and together have a great life going on adventures!

you only live once so enjoy! :happy:
  • Lachsis
    Lachsis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    depends on the person. Some need others to be happy. Some feel better alone. Personally I like being single without having to worry about responsibilities and boundaries ... at least at the moment. There are days when I miss companionship and also the physical aspect. But most of the time I'm fine with being alone with myself. It adds a kind of freedom to my life. But over time this feeling could change. I just roll with it. Maybe, if the right person steps into your life, you will feel different again.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The "right" way to live is the way that works for you! If being single is what makes you happy, then that is the way to live. :smile:
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lately i've kinda been feeling that its better to live alone...... then there wont b any unnecessary responsibilities... n fights over smallest things.... no one would expect you to change urself..... isnt life better off single forever??????

P.S. this is coming from someone who used to be a hopeless romantic....... :huh:

Well, if someone expects you to change yourself, then that person isn't the right person anyways. I am engaged, and I would never want my fiancee to change himself, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

My great-aunt has been single for all her life. She is in her late 70's/early 80's and she never once married! I never even remember her ever dating anyone. You need to do what makes you happy!