What food to NOT eat?

Options
What are the foods that you refuse to eat (besides takeaway) eg pasta rice etc because of the carb or calorie intake?
I just want to be sure of what I need to stay away from.

Replies

• emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I dont really eat rice or pasta maybe once a month at most,
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I believe in everything in moderation so I haven't given up anything. I still eat chocolate, french fries, burgers, chinese food, cookies, cake... I just work the treats in my calorie allowance! I just avoid juice and soda because I prefer to eat my cals rather than drink them.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I try not to refuse myself anything to be honest, I'm just watching the quanities and stick to my cal allowance.

This time I want to lose the weight and keep it off, so I figure if I allow myself little bits of treats while I'm dieting, I'll find it easier to stick to, plus when I'm trying to maintain and eat a 'normal' diet, not much will change.

Good luck with your journey ;0)
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    White pasta bloats me out no end and can't get rid of it for two days... Haven't had rice yet really. It's the white carbs that will get you really,

But everything in moderation, I still eat pizza with white crusts and it hasn't stopped me losing weight.

I would say go easy with cheese though.
  • nifnif
    nifnif Posts: 22
    Options
    Things that I think taste bad, just for the sake of being healthy. Stuff like powdered vitamins or fish oil or whatever.
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pizza! Too much salt and fat and I don't know when to say when!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had been one to eat white rice and pasta on a regular basis. Of course, I was also overweight...and in denial about the calories in it. HAHA. I hardly eat pasta anymore....and white rice only once in awhile.

Now, I have been substituting rice with quinoa, which I have grown really fond of. I also don't drink any soda or flavored drinks. I drink iced tea but it's the loose leaf, natural kinds.

I have noticed in my efforts to "eat better" and watch my calorie intake, I avoid a lot of processed foods as well as sweets. That's saying a lot because I think I was the queen of eating crap.

I never deprive myself...so if I have a craving, I'll get it, but since I've been choosing to eat more "raw" foods, I seem to crave the crap a lot less. :D
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Anything that is white (white bread, white flour, white rice, potato, pasta, etc...).
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I personally stay away from white rice, pasta, white breads and dairy (lactose intolerant.) I stay away from pizza too because I can't control myself when its around.

Other than that I eat what I want. If there's a certain food where you can't control yourself when it's around, I would not buy it.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Anything the wife has cooked.
  • beeny83
    beeny83 Posts: 61
    Options
    Pizza! Too much salt and fat and I don't know when to say when!

Arg I know pizza is bad and I'm not eating it but what make it harder is that my in-laws own a pizza shop and they make the best damn pizza ever and I haven't had any in 2 months when we would in the past have it about once every 2 weeks.

My knees start to shake when I hear the word PIZZA lol
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nothing is prohibited for me. I find a way to work it into my calorie allowance. I'm not very good at giving up particular foods completely, and moderation seems to be a more realistic approach if this is supposed to be a change for life, rather than just a diet.
  • beeny83
    Options
    Anything that is white (white bread, white flour, white rice, potato, pasta, etc...).

All the good stuff!! :)
  • beeny83
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Those are the things I have been avoiding accept the rice I have been having a small amount of rice but no more. :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Things I never eat:
    Soda / Pop
    Bacon
    French Fries
    Funnel cake
    Fried Chicken /cry
    Anything deep fried actually...
    Marshmallow
    Butter
    Anything made by Hostess
    Anything from Taco Bell
    White Rice

Things I almost never eat:
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Chocolate
    Ice cream
    McDonalds Breakfast (I can't help myself sometimes.)
    White breads
    Cookies/Cakes/Etc.
    Chinese or Mexican food - my two biggest weaknesses. LOL
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself anything. As long as I stay in my calories and macros for the day I allow myself treats. If I know I'm going away for a weekend or to a party or whatever, I just work out more so I have more calories to play with. If I deny myself stuff that I like I know I won't stick at it.

The only thing I don't drink is fizzy drinks, apart from as a mixer with alcohol - but that's just because I don't like them, and would much rather have water or tea.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i refuse to eat grapefruits because i hate them. other than that, i eat what i want. other than that its preference. i like wheat breads over white, they taste better. i like whole grain pastas better, more flavor. but i still eat white pasta sometimes. i eat white basmati rice more than i eat brown rice because thats what we have in the house. i dont believe in cutting anything out, because then ill just want it more. if its not my cheat day and i go over, i make sure to exercise more. but most of the time i hold out til my cheat day and all is well.

edited to add: i avoid HFCS for myself, and abosolutely nothing with hfcs and/or artificial colors for my kids..
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Things I never eat:
    Bacon
    French Fries
    Funnel cake
    Fried Chicken /cry
    Anything deep fried actually...
    Marshmallow
    Butter
    Anything made by Hostess
    Anything from Taco Bell
    White Rice

Things I almost never eat:
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Chocolate
    Ice cream
    McDonalds Breakfast (I can't help myself sometimes.)
    White breads
    Cookies/Cakes/Etc.
    Chinese or Mexican food - my two biggest weaknesses. LOL

Agree
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Anything the wife has cooked.

Cheeky!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options