Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

From 250+ to well...still getting there!

Replies

• gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Looking amazing. Well done !
  • peter821
    peter821 Posts: 14 Member
    Fantastic Progress thus Far! Keep doing what your doing!
  • You look fantastic!
  • AWESOME!!! How did you tone the skin? I'm scared about that part.

I did cardio HIIT and then on alternating days I do strength training. Right now I am trying out the 30 day shred video, hoping to get to my goal! :) I can't speak highly enough about weight training!! And of couse eating right/enough! :)

I'm glad you answered this question! I didn't want to ask and offend anyone. I am going to work on the 20 day shred too! Just bought it today!!

Did you weight train from the get go or not until after you lost a substantial amount of weight?

Nope...I don't offend easily lol. I did do weight training from the beginning. The HIIT program I used was from the body for life program. It's only 20 minutes....because I hate cardio. I wish I could love it and get into running, but I just can't. I rather be lifting weights lol :)
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    TRULY A-MAZ-ING, well done honey! I am so jealous of your tummy!! :wink:
  • pegmet
    pegmet Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I also HATE cardio, but love weights! I'm just starting on the is journey and have about 130lbs to lose. I'd love to hear more about your workout routine. Thanks!
  • blythemama
    blythemama Posts: 4 Member
    That's amazing! Your numbers are really similar to mine (starting out at least), and you are such an inspiration! Great job!
  • Heather1604
    Heather1604 Posts: 4 Member
    Great job! And I feel you about the WW points plus, I couldnt get into it either.
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    WOW - you look great...congrats!!!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    you are an amazing inspiration! Great job!!!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    I completely agree. I love weight lifting, but it's hard for me to give up cardio for it. You hear all the time that both are better, but I can't make myself not do cardio every day in fear that I may not lose without doing it everyday.

What was your strategy? Three days cardio two weight lifting?
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    I stopped losing when I switched over. On the old plan I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was within my means. When they went to the new one I had to always eat healthy to lose. Now, not to say I ate horribly all the time, but I couldn't do it ever on WW+
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    simply amazing!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    you look great! my pre pregnancy weight was 157 and i can't wait to get there :D
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Amazing!!! You look fantastic...you are an Inspiration :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Wow - I think you look amazing already. We all have the moments where we just wake up and say something needs to change. I remember that moment for me last Sept - nothing special happened but I knew something needed to change. Well, here I am a little over a year later and 56 lbs down - it is an amazing feeling. keep up the good work.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Hot!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    AMAZING!!! Congratulations!! You are a star! You look incredible.:flowerforyou:
  • Wow - I think you look amazing already. We all have the moments where we just wake up and say something needs to change. I remember that moment for me last Sept - nothing special happened but I knew something needed to change. Well, here I am a little over a year later and 56 lbs down - it is an amazing feeling. keep up the good work.

Thank you! And congrats on your awesome success!! Doesn't it feel great?!
  • I stopped losing when I switched over. On the old plan I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was within my means. When they went to the new one I had to always eat healthy to lose. Now, not to say I ate horribly all the time, but I couldn't do it ever on WW+

I agree...same here....so could I and I ran into the same issue. I found that things that were still relativly healthy, but not a fruit or veggie were higher in points! Ugh! It just threw me off of my routine is what happened pretty much. I typically worked out 5-6 days a week, and alternating cardio and weights. I also tried to do upper body versus lower body weights on different days. HIIT is alot more effective (from what I have read up on it) than longer steady state cardio. Personally, I think everyone has to find what works from them. Me, I just can't get on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes...I get so bored...even standing infront of a TV on it! lol My sister...she can get on it for 60 minutes straight. I give kudos to anyone who can. Sometimes I think we get something engrained into our brains and think thats the only way we can loose. For example I know for the longest women in general would hear that lifting weights would make them bulky....just doesn't happen easily for most women like that. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!