I just want to rant about my period.

Options
13»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    With the availability of western medicines birth control it bogged my mind why women (without a medical condition) wouldn't take some.form of hormonal birth control to end cramps, bloating, ect...

Some women would rather not take a pill to alter the natural state of their body. It actually blows my mind that some people believe so much in Western Medicine. It isn't always the answer and many times causes more problems then it solves.
    It also blows my mind why some people would eat chicken from McDonald's, use splenda instead of sugar and consume low-fat, fat-free, fake garbage and refer to it as food and even "healthy." But live and let live.

I just don't see why someone would willingly suffer. I have a friend that's always thing about headaches and cramps bit refuses to take medicine most of the time. If someone doesn't wanna take medicine that's cool, but why do they feel the need to let everyone know they're in pain every two seconds? They choose to not take the drugs, apparently they should be fine with the discomfort.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    With the availability of western medicines birth control it bogged my mind why women (without a medical condition) wouldn't take some.form of hormonal birth control to end cramps, bloating, ect...

side effect risks, objection to medicine, hormonal issues, wanting to get pregnant..

If they cent handle having a couple pounds of water weight I cent imagine how they would take gaining pregnancy weight lol
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Some women would rather not take a pill to alter the natural state of their body. It actually blows my mind that some people believe so much in Western Medicine. It isn't always the answer and many times causes more problems then it solves.
    It also blows my mind why some people would eat chicken from McDonald's, use splenda instead of sugar and consume low-fat, fat-free, fake garbage and refer to it as food and even "healthy." But live and let live.

I just don't see why someone would willingly suffer. I have a friend that's always thing about headaches and cramps bit refuses to take medicine most of the time. If someone doesn't wanna take medicine that's cool, but why do they feel the need to let everyone know they're in pain every two seconds? They choose to not take the drugs, apparently they should be fine with the discomfort.

then you'll be hearing new complaints of the side effects of those medications sooner or later. i don't think the people who choose not to medicate also choose to willingly suffer. it's most likely the opposite.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...on average how many days after your period does the water weight fall off? Sorry for being annoying...I know everyone hates these posts, but this is my 1st time in a long time trying to lose weight while I'm on my period. =) Not to mention, in all my almost 26 years of existence I don't remember it being this dramatic. I gained like 4 lbs. I've lost some of the water weight (TOM ended yesterday) but I'm kinda discouraged. I have been trying harder than EVER to lose and then my TOM come RIGHT after I'm at the lowest ever. So, if anyone wants to tell me about how long after, I'd love it.
  • woou
    Options

If they cent handle having a couple pounds of water weight I cent imagine how they would take gaining pregnancy weight lol

i'm going to adopt. :laugh:
  • woou
    Options
    Just wondering...on average how many days after your period does the water weight fall off? Sorry for being annoying...I know everyone hates these posts, but this is my 1st time in a long time trying to lose weight while I'm on my period. =) Not to mention, in all my almost 26 years of existence I don't remember it being this dramatic. I gained like 4 lbs. I've lost some of the water weight (TOM ended yesterday) but I'm kinda discouraged. I have been trying harder than EVER to lose and then my TOM come RIGHT after I'm at the lowest ever. So, if anyone wants to tell me about how long after, I'd love it.

I think it's different for everyone. You just have to observe for yourself. Also with TOM, weight could also come from eating more than usual. Some people crave more during TOM and some don't. Try not to worry about it so much and observe your weightloss in the long run. i.e. After a month or 2, average just how much you're losing a week instead of seeing how much you lose "every week." i.e. if you lose 1 pound this week and then next week you gain 3, but by the end of the month you lost 4 lbs, then that's a 1lb/week average. Did that even make sense? lol.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options

I think it's different for everyone. You just have to observe for yourself. Also with TOM, weight could also come from eating more than usual. Some people crave more during TOM and some don't. Try not to worry about it so much and observe your weightloss in the long run. i.e. After a month or 2, average just how much you're losing a week instead of seeing how much you lose "every week." i.e. if you lose 1 pound this week and then next week you gain 3, but by the end of the month you lost 4 lbs, then that's a 1lb/week average. Did that even make sense? lol.

Yes, that made sense! Lol. Thank you for the answer. I think I was just freaking out because the weight hasn't fallen off yet and I know its only been a day, but I'm impatient. I didn't eat more and I've been exercising everyday almost, so I was extremely discouraged.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone always act like it is their first period. It's just nature. Eat some chocolate and enjoy the grumpiness.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Here's what you do-- Stop worrying.

You're a woman. You're gonna have an influx of water weight once a month. It comes with the territory.

Roll with it. Keep doing what you're doing and suck it up. Weight gain on your period is inevitable.

It comes right off after, so I don't see the sense in getting your panties in a twist.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh in day for me but I'm in the middle of TOM, thanks for the heads up that I'll weigh more than I expected, saves me scratching my head about it tomorrow.
    Well, I weighed in and I am the same weight I was 7 days ago, guess I'll wait until next week and see what I am then :)