Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a tough week for many of us. Work is kicking my butt too, and I'm so relieved that my big midterm is done. I have to exercise some more tonight.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to hear that others are having a tough time, it's still nice to know I'm in good company. Work has been draining me lately, and yesterday I felt bad enough to leave early. Not sure what's wrong, but I just don't feel well at all. Plus, I took yesterday as a 'rest day' and then ended up eating a little more than usual. Not a TON, but still. Just makes me feel blah today.

But, I gotta get back into and get moving. Maybe that will help. Hope everyone finds a way to get it turned around.
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the many warm greetings!

I'm in good spirits today, and noticed that I was strangely getting a kick out of eating celery today. Usually I eat it during lunch, and after a couple of chomps it's gone. But today I had to run an errand, so I thought to bring my celery with me while I was driving in the car. I tend to have idle hands, and occasionally need to munch on something.

I think I spent about a full 30 minutes eating 2 stalks of celery. The juices, the celery strings... I've never had so much fun eating celery before. So I thought I'd share my random food thought for the day.

As an aside, I know I'm late into the game, but I was curious on where to find how to earn OWLS. I see that you all are reporting what you've earned, but I'm not sure where the assignment is. Is there a link?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    From the Great Hall announcements:
    Week 3 Results + Total Weeks 1-3 Results:

317168_588001150613_179201885_32362644_810414923_n.jpg

Congratulations to Ravenclaw for winning this week's Quidditch Match!

Congratulations to Hufflepuff for being ahead in House Points so far!

Great work, everyone! Let's finish this last week strong!

Good job Ravenclaw!! We won the Quidditch Match last week!!
    Looks like we need to up our house points - we're trailing by a large margin there. :ohwell: Let's get out there and move!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    As an aside, I know I'm late into the game, but I was curious on where to find how to earn OWLS. I see that you all are reporting what you've earned, but I'm not sure where the assignment is. Is there a link?

Hi, Korki. I sent you a friend request with the challenge information attached.

If anyone ever needs to check the current challenges, you can find the blog link in my signature. I'll be posting November's soon!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    going to the football game tomorrow and i'm logging tomorrows food in now.
    question...plain soft pretzel no toppings or salt...junk food or not??
  • azsuzi
    Options
    going to the football game tomorrow and i'm logging tomorrows food in now.
    question...plain soft pretzel no toppings or salt...junk food or not??
    hmmmm - good question. I'll leave it to your discretion. :wink:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    November Week 1 House Challenges
    Can you believe it's almost November already?!? When you weigh in this weekend, remember to include your November goal too so I can set it up on our new chart.

Here are this week's challenges:

Food: Eat your veggies! Eat the recommended 3 daily servings of vegetables. Earn 1 OWL each day you meet this challenge.

Exercise: Mix and match! Each day, complete a total of 150 reps of any combination of the following exercises: crunches, push ups (full or modified), bicep curls and/or squats. Earn 1 OWL each day you meet this challenge.

Start working on these challenges after you weigh in this weekend. Happy Halloween everyone!!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Haven't checked in all week, I am sorry. been running around like crazy trying to get last minute halloween costumes together, boyfriends band is playing two halloween shows, so I must go in costume and it would appear there is nothing premade unless you want to go as a slutty something. driving me insane.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ;-; Bagels are becoming my frenemies.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    From our Head Master, check out Muggle Quidditch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-xgBpQU84

I had heard of it, but wondered how it would translate to the muggle world. Quite interesting and worth a look! :glasses:
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hello and drop off some *hugs* for all.

And now.....awww man. So I was just getting ready to post something Ravenclaw-ish for your enjoyment, but sadly, it would require linking to a site that sells stuff, and I don't want to get i trouble for it. Bah-hum-bug. Anyway, if you ever get a chance, I would highly recommend checking out snorgtees online if you happen to dig dorky/geeky/nerdy as much as I do.

Wish I could link some of my favorites, but instead, I will try to go the safer route and link you to the picture of one I happen to own (and <3). http://mediacdn.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/d/i/disappointment_fullpic_artwork.jpg

Just for the record, I have 0 connection with the site and have absolutely no way of making money from them. Just wanted to throw that out there ;)

P.S. They have a shirt that's HP-related on there. Makes me smile. :)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw and happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! thought it would never get here. looks like winter is starting here in PA. calling for snow over the weekend......maybe gonna have to put my bike away for the season :cry: . going to the football game tonight and freeze my you know what off. maybe i'll have to do some laps around the track to stay warm :laugh: . hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am weighing in at 104 Ibs today just in case I can't do it tomorrow ( Am sick of putting on weight) :( 320 House Points so far.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE next week's challenges- I DO NOT eat enough veggies and this will kick my butt into gear!!! I've noticed that once its a challenge I tend to do it even after the week has ended- I'm still parking at the back of the parking lot!

Today's Stats
    Exercise (abs)- +1
    Food (no junk)- +0
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 17 HOUSE POINTS: 315
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, here is my daily check in!! Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for a great Halloween weekend!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges for November....I love fruits and veggies!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I changed my profile pic to one from one year ago....my current pictures are on my profile. This reminds me that I will never go back to that way again...and I have a long way to go yet.

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Pam
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges for November....I love fruits and veggies!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I changed my profile pic to one from one year ago....my current pictures are on my profile. This reminds me that I will never go back to that way again...and I have a long way to go yet.

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Pam
  • azsuzi
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE next week's challenges- I DO NOT eat enough veggies and this will kick my butt into gear!!! I've noticed that once its a challenge I tend to do it even after the week has ended- I'm still parking at the back of the parking lot!

Great! That's exactly the point of the challenges - to help get you started with incorporating healthier choices in your life. That's why I don't mind seeing repeat challenges. It reminds me to keep working on them! :happy:

@cherubcrnp - You have made SO much progress. The difference is amazing!

@TwiFan5 - do you track your measurements? If you're losing inches, the weight gain doesn't mean a thing. With the amount of exercise that you're doing, it may just be muscle weight. Try watching your inches for a while instead. :flowerforyou:

OH - and Kelly - some of the stuff on that site is hilarious! :laugh: Thanks for sharing it.