Operation: Sexy Claus Week #6 10.24.11 CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My fun "go to" work out is Tony Horton's Kenpo from P90X. I just love it. Walk Away the Pounds 4 mile challenge is one that I do when I am not really motivated but feel like I have really accomplished something when I am done.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good Moring ladies! How is everyone today? Hope all is well!

QOD: This is going to be a fun one...if you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?

Ooooh, but there are so many! Ok, I'll narrow it down to three:

1. A Foster/Adoptive Mom - the only thing that holds us back from pursuing this is finances. So, we hope to actually have this come true one day - and are working hard to bring our finances up to a level that would turn this dream to a reality. Why? There are sooooo many kids who get lost in the system. My husband & I have a very stable loving home (well, mix in the mild craziness of 3 kids & 2 dogs...). We'd love to share that with more kids.

2. A Budget/Finance Counselor - My husband & I have tracked every dollar we have spent since 4/27/07 in efforts to eliminate every debt from our lives & gain more freedom to pursue what really matters to us. I look back to when I was about to walk thru the doors of college, with no debt to my name - and would love to be able to catch people at that point in life so they don't have the mountain of debt (mainly student loans) - that we've had to climb. One of my favorite finance guys has a saying "Act Your Wage". So many of my friends and family quite simply don't. So, I'd love to share what I've learned.

3. An Author. I have 3 books that I've written parts of & think about often (they are fiction). I'd love to see my books & characters come to life :)

Great Questions Krys!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome answers to yesterday's question :) Very cool to see what people would love to do!

So today is a new day....it is HUMP day yeahhhh, which means we are almost done with the week. Thank heavens! LOL I swear as soon as Monday hits, I am already ready for the weekend lol

So today's question: What is your "go to" or fun workout. The one you do and just know that you are going to be happy that you did?

I love reading everyone's answers to these questions! So cool!

Mine is a powerwalk with my cousin (who is also one of my best friends). We get a great work out physically & mentally b/c we can tell each other anything & get loving advice in return! :)
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Well I can't think of a question of the day....so just feel free to talk about what has been going on with you all! Give us updates :) I am having a bit of a "day"....not that I like putting my business out on the street, but my son's father and I have decided to separate after 5 and a half years together.

Just a lot to talk about, but I think it all comes down to just him not being the man that I need him to be for me, and needing to grow up. We also moved very fast in our relationship....dated for 2 months, got together, 2 months later he was leaving with me and my roommates and then 2 months after that living together....I was 20 when we first met, and I think that had a lot to do with it...I was young, this was my first real relationship and I think it all happened fast, and I think I have grown, and he hasn't. He doesn't' take time out to spend with me and his son, as a family, I haven't gotten a Mother's Day card since my first Mother's Day, nothing for my B-day, anniversary, or Valentine's Days. He has his friends at my house every single day, at all hours of the night, is still all about going to the club 2 and sometimes 3 nights a week with his friends. I moved from California to Georgia thinking that he would be in his element and would change and grow a little and I think it just got worse. We have talked about it, he will change for a week and then back to the same thing.

I was at one point cooking 5 nights a week, all creative meals that took me hours, and he would come home, eat, and just kind of be like whatever. He doesn't help out around the house as far as cleaning anything. He just expects me to work full-time, be a full-time mommy, and a full-time maid, and I don't see how that is at all fair. I have told him that I don't feel like he appreciates or respects me at all, and he hasn't done anything to prove me otherwise....I buy everything for our son, picked up a second job so I could pay for our son's school...I feel like I am alone in raising him. I know I am not perfect at all but it is just frustrating to the point of no return.

Sorry I had to just vent that...
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Well I can't think of a question of the day....so just feel free to talk about what has been going on with you all! Give us updates :) I am having a bit of a "day"....not that I like putting my business out on the street, but my son's father and I have decided to separate after 5 and a half years together.

Just a lot to talk about, but I think it all comes down to just him not being the man that I need him to be for me, and needing to grow up. We also moved very fast in our relationship....dated for 2 months, got together, 2 months later he was leaving with me and my roommates and then 2 months after that living together....I was 20 when we first met, and I think that had a lot to do with it...I was young, this was my first real relationship and I think it all happened fast, and I think I have grown, and he hasn't. He doesn't' take time out to spend with me and his son, as a family, I haven't gotten a Mother's Day card since my first Mother's Day, nothing for my B-day, anniversary, or Valentine's Days. He has his friends at my house every single day, at all hours of the night, is still all about going to the club 2 and sometimes 3 nights a week with his friends. I moved from California to Georgia thinking that he would be in his element and would change and grow a little and I think it just got worse. We have talked about it, he will change for a week and then back to the same thing.

I was at one point cooking 5 nights a week, all creative meals that took me hours, and he would come home, eat, and just kind of be like whatever. He doesn't help out around the house as far as cleaning anything. He just expects me to work full-time, be a full-time mommy, and a full-time maid, and I don't see how that is at all fair. I have told him that I don't feel like he appreciates or respects me at all, and he hasn't done anything to prove me otherwise....I buy everything for our son, picked up a second job so I could pay for our son's school...I feel like I am alone in raising him. I know I am not perfect at all but it is just frustrating to the point of no return.

Your situation sound a like like how mines did except i left him right before we would have reached 5 yrs and I was pregnant with my second daughter. Sorry to hear your going thru this. I think you have to do what's best for you and your son. There is nothing worse than feeling unappreciated plus you know us women do mature faster than men do. i would say pray about it and when you've had enough you know what you have to do. I'm praying it gets better for you break ups are always hard especially when kids are involved.
  • Krys_T
    Options

Your situation sound a like like how mines did except i left him right before we would have reached 5 yrs and I was pregnant with my second daughter. Sorry to hear your going thru this. I think you have to do what's best for you and your son. There is nothing worse than feeling unappreciated plus you know us women do mature faster than men do. i would say pray about it and when you've had enough you know what you have to do. I'm praying it gets better for you break ups are always hard especially when kids are involved.

Thank you! And I knew what I needed to do for a while now, and was just trying to hold on longer and all it is doing is hurting me and causing me to have resentment towards him. So I know this is what is best.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

*Hugs* You are an amazing person and deserve someone just as amazing. If you talked about it with him and he still has changed then maybe it is time to seperate. Its not going to be easy but you have to remember that you are a strong women and mother to your son. Take it one day at a time. I have faith that you can do it and will pray for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Krys_T
    Options

*Hugs* You are an amazing person and deserve someone just as amazing. If you talked about it with him and he still has changed then maybe it is time to seperate. Its not going to be easy but you have to remember that you are a strong women and mother to your son. Take it one day at a time. I have faith that you can do it and will pray for you. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much girl! That means a lot...really.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

I have found that this is the greatest place to vent! FB doesn't offer the kind of support you get from people here!!

I am so sorry to hear that your man is not stepping up to the plate. Relationships are A LOT of work and A LOT of give and take. For you to give, give, give, and have him not do the same is not fair to you or to your son. Perhaps a separation will give him some incentive to grow up... but perhaps not. You're so inspiring and always have the right words and advice to offer to others, it is definitely time for you to take care of you and what's best for you and your son. Here is hoping for a happy ending for you!
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Hey Krys sorry to hear your going thru all this but you have to do what you have to and what's best for your son .feeling unappreciated is not a good feeling and that resentment can carry over to your son and you dont want to do that ..you already a single mother working hard to take care of him .it will be hard for a while but you are a strong beautiful person and will meet someone who is going to treat you and your son like the way you are suppose to be treated ...stay strong and chin up YOU WILL DO GREAT ...say a prayer for you ...hugs to you my friend
  • Krys_T
    Options

I have found that this is the greatest place to vent! FB doesn't offer the kind of support you get from people here!!

I am so sorry to hear that your man is not stepping up to the plate. Relationships are A LOT of work and A LOT of give and take. For you to give, give, give, and have him not do the same is not fair to you or to your son. Perhaps a separation will give him some incentive to grow up... but perhaps not. You're so inspiring and always have the right words and advice to offer to others, it is definitely time for you to take care of you and what's best for you and your son. Here is hoping for a happy ending for you!

Thank you girl!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Krys_T,

You already know what you must do for your own sanity. I myself have been there and done that, got the book too:smile: . But sometimes we have to go through things for us, as women to realize our self worth. And being unappreciated, is often one of those "wake up moments".

Having gone through a similar experience with my daughter's father years ago. I can tell you now that leaving that situation behind you is the best thing you can do for your sanity and your son. Staying in an unhealthy relationship where you're miserable doesn't serve anyone least alone your son.

Believe me, someone will realize the gem that you are and will treat you accordingly (but also remember- We teach people how to treat us!")....If you don't remember anything else...remember that.

Now this is my own personal bias and lesson learned as well, you can take it for a grain of salt if you wish, but it served me well it may you, depending on your focus. Now IF it is your wish and/or desire to eventually be married...quit wasting your time in these long-standing relationships.:noway: :noway:

Before you know it, years have gone by, and what are you left with mostly resentment. Limit those relationships to two years maximum,( if marriage is your desire) because if by then its not a serious discussion...move on. Quit wasting the " pretty" as they say, and find someone who has similar goals to your own. ** Now if marriage is not an ultimate desire of yours, by all means...disregard.

For me, it was a wake up call as I was going into relationship 4, 5, years at a time since 17. Foolishness...finally, found someone who treated me the way I deserved to be treated and appreciated all that I bought to the relationship. It wasn't until I began working on me and my issues, to become the best me possible did the best man for me appeared in my life, and it sounds as though yours is in the works!:wink:

All the best.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Krys_T,

You already know what you must do for your own sanity. I myself have been there and done that, got the book too:smile: . But sometimes we have to go through things for us, as women to realize our self worth. And being unappreciated, is often one of those "wake up moments".

Having gone through a similar experience with my daughter's father years ago. I can tell you now that leaving that situation behind you is the best thing you can do for your sanity and your son. Staying in an unhealthy relationship where you're miserable doesn't serve anyone least alone your son.

Believe me, someone will realize the gem that you are and will treat you accordingly (but also remember- We teach people how to treat us!")....If you don't remember anything else...remember that.

Now this is my own personal bias and lesson learned as well, you can take it for a grain of salt if you wish, but it served me well it may you, depending on your focus. Now IF it is your wish and/or desire to eventually be married...quit wasting your time in these long-standing relationships.:noway: :noway:

Before you know it, years have gone by, and what are you left with mostly resentment. Limit those relationships to two years maximum,( if marriage is your desire) because if by then its not a serious discussion...move on. Quit wasting the " pretty" as they say, and find someone who has similar goals to your own. ** Now if marriage is not an ultimate desire of yours, by all means...disregard.

For me, it was a wake up call as I was going into relationship 4, 5, years at a time since 17. Foolishness...finally, found someone who treated me the way I deserved to be treated and appreciated all that I bought to the relationship. It wasn't until I began working on me and my issues, to become the best me possible did the best man for me appeared in my life, and it sounds as though yours is in the works!:wink:

All the best.

WOW! This really struck a chord with me in my heart...especially "It wasn't until I began working on me and my issues, to become the best me possible did the best man for me appeared in my life"

Thank you for your advice, it is so appreciated and I couldn't have written it better myself lol. Truly...thank you!
  • Krys_T
    Options

Hey Krys sorry to hear your going thru all this but you have to do what you have to and what's best for your son .feeling unappreciated is not a good feeling and that resentment can carry over to your son and you dont want to do that ..you already a single mother working hard to take care of him .it will be hard for a while but you are a strong beautiful person and will meet someone who is going to treat you and your son like the way you are suppose to be treated ...stay strong and chin up YOU WILL DO GREAT ...say a prayer for you ...hugs to you my friend

Thank you so much Norma :) I am definitely needing the prayer!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

First of all, *hugs* for you, girl! :heart:
    Second, I agree with what most everybody said already. You need to do what is best for you and your son. I'm sure it will be very difficult now, but in the long run, your son will be better off without all of the negativity floating around. :smile: He needs his strong mommy, not one who is being drained by someone else.

Sending positive vibes your way during this difficult time! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Krys- I'm sorry to hear all that you're going through. You are such a strong woman! Remember that! It seems to me you've already been living the "single mom" lifestyle so I know that while it will be hard, you will find a way to make it work and have a GREAT life with your son. Just keep focusing on the positive. You're an inspiration to so many of us, so don't hesitate to vent whenever you need it! :)
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Krys_T,

All the best.

OMG, I SOOOO LOVE THIS....THANK YOU!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Krystle I am sorry for what you are going through. You have changed who you are and are an amazing woman and obviously an incredible Mommy to your son- taking a second job shows how much you want a good life for you and your son. Your son's father appears not able to "step up to the plate" which is too bad. He is the one who will probably suffer in the end as his "gravy train" has pushed on a head to be the most amazing proactive person he has been lucky enough to know. Your son is very lucky to have you. Stay strong. We are here for you!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the wonderful words and encouragement! You ladies are so awesome and I am so happy I was able to get that out. You all definitely helped me get through the day yesterday! We literally didn't say two words to each other yesterday when he got home from work, but it just showed me his maturity level. Even trying to be amicable and ask him what his plan was as far as moving out, he didn't even have the decency to give me an answer or sit and talk about it...again, showing me his maturity level. But oh well, as long as I know that I am being the adult in the situation that is what matters to me.

Anywho....it is HIGHS and LOWS day!!!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    highs: i worked out everyday this week. feels good!

lows: i ate more than usual. not sure why, but that needs to stay in check more... especially with the types of food i eat. i was still under my cals for the day but barely. definitely gonna step it up next week!

have a great weekend!!