STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 5

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10/26: Lets make this a fun one.... If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Right now, I want someone to pay for me to go to Fitness Ridge for 2 weeks! But since that isn't going to happen, I'm going to dream about exotic places like Australia, Fiji and wine destinations like Italy!

ah thats a good one, if I won hte lottery I would totally go to a fitness spa for like 2 months and drop some pounds baby!
  • luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10/26: Lets make this a fun one.... If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I would go to St. Lucia. We used to travel the world scuba diving. I loved it so much and it's what inspired me to lose weight. Someday again...

I've got to to the jumping jacks still.

Thanks everyone for hanging with me. I've got a lot going on here with my baby and I am not as dedicated as I'd like to be. I haven't logged food seriously in a few days. But...I'm thinking about being healthy and tonight I'm driving to check out a few yoga studios. So, thanks for inspiring me.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

I could go on forever about this. I absolutely love traveling, and there are so many things I would like to see! For now, I'll start with the first five I can think of.

1. Australia
    2. Alaska
    3. Italy
    4. Cancun
    5. Ireland
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Loads of places! It is hard to pick.... my current fantasies include Venice, Iceland, the Bahamas, Egypt, Rome, Australia, Ireland... Although, I have to say Cumberland Island, GA is pretty awesome - gorgeous beaches and there is basically no one around (they only allow 300 people to visit per day)! Of course you have to camp or have tons of money for the one hotel there...
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

So many places on my wish to visit list.

I would have to say : Hawaii
    China
    Spain
    Rome
    London/ Paris

Jumping Jacks done
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options

1. Australia
    3. back to germany for a) xmas markets and b) funparks!! lol
    3. Greece
    4) Florida, Miami
    5) carribean
  • prizmaa
    prizmaa Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Oh wow, what a difficult decision!!

1.Carribbean Island
    2.Australia/New Zealand
    3.Ireland
    4.Italy
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Everywhere!!!! ... I would love to experience a little bit of different cultures...
    First place i'd head to would be Italy
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    Okay........where's the QOTD and the challenge!?!?!?!? I look forward to them every morning and they aren't here :sad:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'll ask a question but its not my turn!

Lets say you have way too many calories and you need to burn a few before you can have dinner or before you can close your log. What's your go-to calorie burner?
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    I'm bad. If I've done my scheduled work out for the day then I'm done (even if I have gone over my calories!) On a rest day though, I might go for a walk or something but that's highly unlikely!!! Told you I was bad!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday 10/27 - Lets say you have way too many calories and you need to burn a few before you can have dinner or before you can close your log. What's your go-to calorie burner?

It depends on how much I am going to be over. If I just need a few hundred, I will do a bunch of sit ups, push ups, and jumping jacks at the house. But, if I need quite a few, then I am off to the gym to use the elliptical and stair stepper. Then I can earn enough for dinner and a snack. The one thing that is helpful for me is that I work out in the evenings, so I know how many calories that I need to burn before I even go to the gym. I don't often go over my calories because of this. On an off day, I tend to let myself go over if it is only going to be by 100-200. I don't like to work out at all on my off days because my muscles really do need a break since I work them so hard the other 5-6 days of the week. So, I will just go over on those days.... but I assume that is oke since I have a hard time eating all of my workout calories every day. By going over 1 or 2 days a week I am only getting 100-200 extra calories in for the week, and I am still way under what I should be eating because I just can't force 2000 calories down my throat in a day. :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    QOTD Thursday 10/27 - Lets say you have way too many calories and you need to burn a few before you can have dinner or before you can close your log. What's your go-to calorie burner?

Well, I guess that would be the Elliptical, the best thing I know is the Kettlebell trainer, but I do that at the gym and don't have access at home.

If I am at home and have to do it, then the best thing I know is to put on the dance music and my HRM and just go crazy or jump rope. I have a stack of dvd's to use as well and I know how much I can burn with each, so it depends on my mood.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Zumba! I will just plug in my headphones, find some music with a good beat, crank it up, and make up my own moves!
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

Zig Zagging my calories has helped with this. But when I need to burn more, these are what I'll do:
    Walking
    Planks
    Ab Ripper

I'm totally bummed there's no mini-challenge. :cry:
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options

If its not dark outside, I will grab my ipod and start jogging up and down my private drive/road....I have even been known after dark to turn the flood lights on and walk/run around and around my house....(cant go far in the dark, we have critters...like, um, well, bears....too risky....lol...I get skeered!!!)

If it is dark..I'm inside doing some Zumba, having fun!!! ....and burning calories....!! :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Okay........where's the QOTD and the challenge!?!?!?!? I look forward to them every morning and they aren't here :sad:

LOL...you are cracking me up. :laugh:

All just as a friendly reminder that if it's your turn to do the QOTD, you also get to decide the mini-challenge for the day.

• RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

LOL...you are cracking me up. :laugh:

All just as a friendly reminder that if it's your turn to do the QOTD, you also get to decide the mini-challenge for the day.

Two more sleeps till I get to post my question and I plan on doing it first thing in the morning so you all have the WHOLE DAY to work on the mini-challenge! :tongue:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    QOTD 2 or Friday's QOTD ( my bad I forgot, got busy today.) What are some of the best nonexcercising calorie burners you do?
    Mini callenge for today or tomorrow
    100 burpees

Mine is vacuuming. I feel like I do burn a lot of calories doing it and it's not excercise. About to do my burpees right now.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I would go to Paris. That's were I ave always wanted to go or awaii because it's beautiful there.
    Jumping jacks done.