What were the hardest things to cut back on?

Options
13»

Replies

• nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti, I don't know what it is about it but I can never seem to just eat one portion :-/
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking wine (French Grandmother) and I thought that would be hard, but if I don't have the calories, I don't have a glass. The hardest for me was potatoes; I was seriously addicted to french fries and tater tots. I'm fussy about chocolate and not a sweet eater at all, but the tatties have been seriously hard to pass up.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    2 things I was addicted to : soda & potato chips.

I cut both out in March 2011, 4 months before I had gastric bypass surgery and it was the best thing I ever did. It was really tough at first. I had terrible cravings. The cravings eventually went away and I think I'm better off with water and snacks of raw veggies and fruit.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    anything that involves cheese and bread (which obviously includes pizza). Ice cream and sweets are a close second!

For people that love soda, try soda water. Not with artificial sweeteners (no sodium, no sugar, etc). Coconut flavored la croix is fantastic!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Booze. If I could give up cheese and booze - I would surely drop 30 lbs. That would be my magical answer... but... I would DIE without cheese and booze... all kinds of booze, too. I love ice cold beers on summer afternoons. Wine with dinner.. red, white, pink - whatever. Hot Cider and Brandy on cold winter evenings. Rum and Coke when I am out with friends. Cosmo when I just want to get straight to the point. Cheese on my eggs. Cheese on my sammiches. Cheese on my nachos. Cheesy soups. Cheesy dips. Cheese on my soft pretzels. Cheese on hard pretzels.

I totally have a problem.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    beer, beer, beer. but, i have yet to cut back. i refuse.
  • Gatekeep
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream, Chicken wings, Pizza
  • poulingail
    Options
    More of everything!:laugh:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    potato chips :sad: I miss them so much
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Booze. If I could give up cheese and booze - I would surely drop 30 lbs. That would be my magical answer... but... I would DIE without cheese and booze... all kinds of booze, too. I love ice cold beers on summer afternoons. Wine with dinner.. red, white, pink - whatever. Hot Cider and Brandy on cold winter evenings. Rum and Coke when I am out with friends. Cosmo when I just want to get straight to the point. Cheese on my eggs. Cheese on my sammiches. Cheese on my nachos. Cheesy soups. Cheesy dips. Cheese on my soft pretzels. Cheese on hard pretzels.

I am soooooo there !!! ROTFL , but seriously, this is me !!!:drinker:
  • kenzysmom
    Options

OMG this post was the best! Totally made me LOL. And relate! ;)