SPARTANS: No Excuses November! Sign Up Thread

Options

Replies

• julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When you have gone so far that you cant manage one more step then you have only gone half the dstance you are capable of.

love this!
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    For some reason I am sooo excited for this challenge!
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I've been looking for a serious challenge full of motivated people!
    My name is Leah

SW:164
    CW:142

Goals this month : to lose 7 lbs/ exercise 4 times per week
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    I hope I am not too late! I need to join a group to stay motivated. I was part of a group once upon a time and it fell apart shortly after I had my daughter and wanted to get back on track.
    My name is Christy and I am a teacher for visually impaired students, a wife, and a mommy to two girls, ages 11 yrs and 14 mos
    SW: 188
    CW: 162
    GW:150

Goals for this month: To walk 5 days/week at 30 mins a session to incorporate some de-stressing activity just for me; Stay off caffeine; Lose 8 pounds

Looking forward to getting started!
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm up for this!!

Good luck all spartans!!! :-)

I will get my goals and starting weight sorted out ready for the Week 1 thread.

Kay
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Oh I want in!

Name: Just call me Cowboy. *tips hat as a tumble weed rolls by* hah it's just easiest.
    Goal: Complete 30DS, begin C25K again, drop 5 lbs (water weight not included).
    Start Weight: 185 lbs but I am carrying water weight at the moment.
    Start Measurements (if you want): Will have to get back on this.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm joining, too!

I'll get my numbers (weigh in, measurements) for Nov 1
    but here are my goals

1) climb 10,000 steps during November (about 334 steps a day)
    2) spend 900 mins during Nov (30 min a day) supporting MFP friends and strangers (I've been totally lame about supporting my friends on here. they do so much to keep me going and I need to give back to the community. =) )
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    I lost a pound and my arms are so sore lol
  • xhaller
    xhaller Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm in. I"m not trying to lose weight. I simply want to be more consistent with the amount of days that I actually work out. Plus I'm running a 5K Turkey Trot so I need to start running more than once a week to make that happen.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm in. I"m not trying to lose weight. I simply want to be more consistent with the amount of days that I actually work out. Plus I'm running a 5K Turkey Trot so I need to start running more than once a week to make that happen.

Where is the Turkey Trot taking place? I just signed up for one where I am originally from. I plan on going to visit them and run the 5k!

M.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Name: My-My
    Goal 1: Continue losing 1 lb/week.
    Goal 2: No sweets (I will only allow 2 exceptions - Graduation day & Thanksgiving - 1 sweet/special event - thats it!!!!!)(Oh, this includes cereal and 100 calorie snacks) Gotta be specific with myself. Sweets are my problem :(
    Goal 3: Keep to my workout schedule - No exceptions!!!!!
    Start Weight: Guess I'll repost this on November 1.

I'm ready!!!!
  • dilansmom
    Options
    Oh I'm SO in.

Name: Pratiksha
    Goal: 5lbs
    Start Weight: 134lbs
  • ErinNickel
    Options
    I'm in!

Name: Erin
    Goal: Get at least 30 minutes of exercise (walking, gym, whatever) in per day and keep up my food log.
    Start Weight: 219
    Start Measurements (if you want): Oh lordy...
    Bust: 41"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 46"
  • HipHippieHooray
    Options
    Count me in!:)

Name: Bethany
    Goal: Lose 10 pounds
    Start Weight: 234
  • xwllflwrx
    xwllflwrx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Name: Natalie
    Goal: Exercise 5 days a week
    Start Weight: 280
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Goal: My goal is to run a 5k within the next 30 day
    Start Weight: 191

Lets get some!!!!!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ****** SPARTANS! ******

Whew! Every time I come back, y'all are multiplying on me! :) This is getting better and better. Honestly I expected 10 people and was hoping for 20. We currently have << 66 >> Spartans!

I'm putting together my tracking plan for this group, so bear with me because I may change things.

A couple of things:

1. The signups are closing at 8pm on Monday, October 31. It just means I'm locking down my spreadsheet - if you join after this date you can track your own progress and we'll still encourage you. I need a close date for me :)

2. ** There will be a separate check in thread and separate conversation thread ** - I don't want the data getting lost among the hoots and hollers of all our success :)

3. Please friend me! I will be posting stuff on my blog in addition to the threads to motivate and challenge us!

4. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for being SO enthusiastic and awesome! I can't wait for this!!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sign me up :p

Name: Ant
    Goal: Go to gym min 3 times per week, healthy eating all month, lose 14lbs
    Goal Weight: 275
    Start Weight: 289
    Start Measurements (if you want): This is [Top Secret - Classified] information....

Where do I go to collect my red cape, btw?
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't have any last minute meal plans but I will be spending the weekend laying out running routes as well as looking for a 5k to run.
  • bdmom3
    bdmom3 Posts: 21
    Options
    My name is Candy

My goal is to eat more veggies and exercise 30 every day.

Starting weight 192