Tummy?? Before/After pics and tips?!

Options

Replies

• LisaM_9
    LisaM_9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So understand this!! I am having success in the lower half .. just been doing this for 70 days so far, lost 25 lbs.. Mainly trying to stay within the calorie count. I have lost a couple inches just from that in the waist, hip and thighs... well not so much:) I carry the weight on the bottom half and it really does bug me!

I could use the tips! I just started the Jillian Michaels 6 wk ab program... (literally 2 days ago, and yes in pain!!) I am hoping for some improvement! Would love any motivation anyone may have for this!
  • NJ1975
    NJ1975 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am having the same issue! I cant stand this big stomach!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi, the tummy is usually the last place weight to come off.

I do the plank exercise and hold my tummy in for 1 minute and do this 3 times a day.

I had a baby 3 months ago and my tummy is almost gone! Just have the excess flab to get rid of.

The most important thing also is to eat foods that are great for losing tummy fat i.e. blue berries & salmon. Look up more of these foods online.

Hope this helps. :happy:

I need to try this, I have a 1yr. old and I have the mommy pooch. Thanks for the advice.
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I definetly have this issue (I have a 10 mnth old & an almost 3 yr old). I had success previously to having children with regular cardio (2 to 3 x/wk, 60 min sessions) and using the Windsor Pilates dvds (52 min dvd 3x/wk, 22 min dvd 3/wk). Great for lengthening & toning muscles. I got fantatsic results with lots of definition.

I know what I need to do....it is just getting the motivation to do it in my sleep deprived state :)
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I definetly have this issue (I have a 10 mnth old & an almost 3 yr old). I had success previously to having children with regular cardio (2 to 3 x/wk, 60 min sessions) and using the Windsor Pilates dvds (52 min dvd 3x/wk, 22 min dvd 3/wk). Great for lengthening & toning muscles. I got fantatsic results with lots of definition.

I know what I need to do....it is just getting the motivation to do it in my sleep deprived state :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Tummy is my problem area as well, I have went from a size 18 to a size 2
    and still have the big round tummy :devil:
    I have seen a major difference in the saggy extra skin from consistent exercise
    (cardio) and 10 minute ab routines, I need to take some progress pics.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Now that right there is what you call amazing...Love it!
    Still not done yet but this is how it's going so far! (Goal is to have some amazing abs=)

I agree about having to give up these things: Quote ""When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected"".

bloatedbelly-2.jpg
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yeah i was impressed by this myself!
    Still not done yet but this is how it's going so far! (Goal is to have some amazing abs=)

I agree about having to give up these things: Quote ""When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected"".

bloatedbelly-2.jpg
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have some dorky during pics! I'm 5'7 for reference

At about 195 lbs, March 2011, before a bad breakup that led to an intense gym month that got me started:

IMG_5424.jpg

At about 175 lbs, September 2011

IMG_54872.jpg

You Look GREAT!! Love the fact that you turned to the gym after a breakup instead of food and depression! Great Transformation
    Far from done but I'm most proud of the change in my gut. I did so many different things that I don't really know what to tell you as far as tips. During crazy gym month I did almost every class they offered, so lots of strength and cardio. Following that I've been running 3-5 days a week and basically cycling through half marathon training schedule. I've done strength training with free weights and lots of core work (2-4 days a week) while running. This summer I also hiked and gardened and landscaped. Last spring and this fall I've been in a curling league (GREAT for abs!!) and recently started biking.

And I eat the same stuff, just less of it. Water REALLY helps. When I'm on a road trip or something and I don't drink enough it is IMMEDIATELY evident in my gut.

ETA: Mustang- someday I WILL have your belly. And I mean that in the least creepy way possible. You look frigging amazing!!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Yeap very impressive my awesome friend.
    Yeah i was impressed by this myself!

bloatedbelly-2.jpg
  • CAlexRose
    CAlexRose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wonder how much carb intake in involved. I'm in the same boat (need to lose the last 5-10 lbs and have amazing abs).

What I do:
    Gym 4 days a week - cardio (HIIT) and weight training
    Aim for a gallon of water a day

What I don't eat (and haven't for years):
    Gluten
    Other grains (except for the "treat" sushi once in a while - no more than a small serving of rice)
    Sugars, except for low-GI fruits
    Processed foods, fast food, etc
    Sweet drinks of any kind

I lost the bulk of my weight on a low carb/high veggie diet. Wonder if I have to go back down to 20 net carbs a day...
  • CAlexRose
    CAlexRose Posts: 33 Member
    Options

bloatedbelly-2.jpg

You look great!
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    I have before & current pics but can't share as I don't have a laptop to edit & stuff on photobucket. Anywho, I did jillian's 30 day shred last month & lost 13inches mostly from midsection, hips, & waist. I have the momma pouch from my csection & o can say Ita slowly disappearing. I'm on my second round of 30DS & I'm combining it with ripped in 30 as well. It's difficult but it darn well gets awesome results!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    eat foods you like and maintain a caloric deficit.

before pic in my profile was from march, afters are from july/aug
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options

bloatedbelly-2.jpg

Thank you all so much! Couldn't have done it without MFP's =)
    You look great!
  • vwedwards
    Options
    Hello! I lost 28 pounds. I am 5'2 and weighed 140, now 112.

My biggest tip would probably be just eat intuitively. I gained my weight when recovering from an eating disorder (how ironic...) I went from 68 pounds to 140 very quickly, and then realized just to eat when I'm hungry and not to force it. I also started exercising again, which I hadn't in a while because I was scared I would over-exercise and lose too much weight again. So, my circumstances are probably different than yours, but the tips remain the same, eat only when you are hungry and exercise!

Here are my pics between 140 and 110. I will not post pictures of me below a healthy weight as they are triggering for some.

150b.jpg

150a.jpg

and currently:

Photo8.jpg

110a.jpg
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    here are some progression pics - before and after.... (still a work in progress).

224465_123869967708710_111989688896738_152588_6902819_n.jpg

294729_147040795391627_111989688896738_232292_1018662881_n-1.jpg

309664_156660221096351_111989688896738_261200_1750744396_n.jpg
    The last one from left to right is last weekend, October 5th and mid September.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    here are some progression pics - before and after.... (still a work in progress).

You have just inspired me to go even harder with my abs! thank you so very much =)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any success stories about turning a flabby stomach into a sexy one?? Before and after pictures appreciated! This area is so stubborn and I feel a little helpless on how to change it... it just will NOT budge! And it's actually giving the illusion that it's growing, because everything else is getting smaller while it stays the same. HELP!!

I don't really have any before pictures (closest I have is my profile pic) but below are some after pictures and a partial success story. Ultimately as others have said you just have to shed fat from all over to get any results. As much as we would all love to, there simply is no way to reduce your belly fat alone. I will say this, if you're strength training your abs, your belly maybe starting to look larger simply because the underlying muscles are becoming more strong and firm which pushes the fat out a bit. That happened to me. It's a good sign though because it means that when that fat does come off you've got a good solid set of ab muscles below just waiting to show themselves off.

So keep at the calorie deficit and keep doing your cardio and strength training. Make sure you're getting enough protein so that you can minimize the muscle loss and thereby maximize the fat loss. About a month ago I was feeling pretty frustrated having lost a good amount of weight and reaching my weight goal but not seeing the results in my abs that i wanted. So I went back to a calorie deficit and now I've gotten to the point of what you see below. Good luck to you!!

6289475984_f6f4a1fae6.jpg

6288955983_27cd199a10.jpg
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

You have just inspired me to go even harder with my abs! thank you so very much =)

Aw, awesome! You go, girl!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!