C25K Running Group - Week 7 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• chanson104
    Options
    I was wondering if I should buy the 30D dvd. I want to keep up with whatever challenge everybody else does; the support has been an excellent motivation for me !!! I do plan on continuing with the running; I really want to improve on it and participate in some 5K's. However, as the bad weather approaches it would also be nice to have something that I can do at home as well since I go to the Y to use the treadmill. I guess that I'm saying that I'm in with whatever everybody else decides they want to do. It's always hard for me to stay motivated through the winter so I'll take what I can get!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Bry, you were sooooo close with 30DS! So...are the workouts daily for 30 days straight, or do you break in-between? Good luck with the run tomorrow!!

Ok, I'll order the DVD. I'll continue to challenge myself with the running (maybe one per week), but I'd like to focus on getting through the 30DS too. I don't want to get too overwhelmed with the workouts.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bry, you were sooooo close with 30DS! So...are the workouts daily for 30 days straight, or do you break in-between? Good luck with the run tomorrow!!

Haha, I know!

I did it 30 days straight with no breaks. But lots of people do breaks. Apparently Jillian Michaels recommends having the weekend as a break, so doing it 5 times a week.
  • chanson104
    Options
    a) W7D2 completed
    b) I was distracted because I had my son with me. I tried to get him to do what I was doing, but he doesn't have the attention span for a 25 minute jog! Being preoccupied with him did seem to make time go faster though. :)
    c) Next time I'm going alone. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, and I plan to tackle day 3 on Saturday.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    a. W6D3 done! :D
    b. The run was good, I changed my route and ran around a part of the park I never run through. I ran past lakes, I ran past the zoo and saw some animals, I saw swans. It was a lovely run! It was a better distraction and so the run went fast.
    c. Hopefully to fit in week 7 day 1 either Saturday or Sunday.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    a) W7D2 completed
    b) I was distracted because I had my son with me. I tried to get him to do what I was doing, but he doesn't have the attention span for a 25 minute jog! Being preoccupied with him did seem to make time go faster though. :)
    c) Next time I'm going alone. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, and I plan to tackle day 3 on Saturday.

Wow doing the run with a child must have burnbed more calories! Great Job:bigsmile:
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W7D2 completed

WTG Christine!! I don't know how you did it with your boy, but it sounds like it was a big help. May I borrow him for my jog :laugh:

Have good rest days my dear!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    b. The run was good, I changed my route and ran around a part of the park I never run through. I ran past lakes, I ran past the zoo and saw some animals, I saw swans. It was a lovely run! It was a better distraction and so the run went fast.

WTG Bry, glad you've completed the week!!
  • chanson104
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome run!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W7D2 - NOT done ;(
    b) Got to 20 mins and just couldn't go further
    c) I'll try again tomorrow
  • TL136
    Options
    a) W7D2 - NOT done ;(

I feel you. I can do 20 mins, but the next 5 is so hard.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    a) W7D2 - NOT done ;(

I feel you. I can do 20 mins, but the next 5 is so hard.

Agree. The last five is so hard, may be we should break the mental block and make it more positive.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I didn't do my run as planned, went to the gym and come back home so sore. Is it possible to break it and do it twice?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I didn't do my run as planned, went to the gym and come back home so sore. Is it possible to break it and do it twice?

Yasmin, you should do what works for you. It seems that I always need to do a lighter run before the big one.
  • CoCoMa
    Options

Yasmin, you should do what works for you. It seems that I always need to do a lighter run before the big one.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Double post smilie_hae.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!
    I predict success for our next run smilie_hexekugel1.gif
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Agree. The last five is so hard, may be we should break the mental block and make it more positive

I'll try again this morning!
  • TL136
    Options
    w7d2 completed at speed 5.
    It was doable. I am wondering if I just lose motivation after 15 mins. I did it though and I will continue to do it! We all will!!!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W7D2 done WHEW!! walked 3.5 for the warmup, and jogged 5.3, 0% incline
    b) It was much easier running in the AM, so that's my new strategy, before breakfast, after coffee!!
    c) I hope I have the same motivation for tomorrow.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I can really see my body take shape thanks to the running. This is when I first started versus today!!
    20tr05g.png