ABL (Closed group!)

Options

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    weighed myself at the gym today and am down 1lb... which is great...
    and EATING MY VEGETABLES lol as my challenge requires :P 9 this week I believe :P
    1) cauliflower
    2) asparagus
    3) turnips
    4) green beans
    5) celery
    four more to go :D hehe and made it to the gym today for 30 min in the recumbent bike :D

Great job! Both on the weight loss and veggies!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing good- Sorry for not being around more. Tough week for me! Keep up the good work guys =]
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't received my challenge yet.
    I did however challenge myself to workout this week although I have a bad cold and can hardly breathe through my darn nose!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I think my partners missing :( ...
  • Soooze
    Options
    Hi FaugHorn!
    My partner didn't send me a challenge either. We only have until next Monday before we get a new challenge so if you want, I'll give you a 'little' challenge and you give me one :)

I can't see your food diary so I will give you a workout challenge. I want you to work out your triceps this week. Do 3 sets of 8-10 reps of the following: chair dips, skull crushers and close grip push ups.

Good?
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Sounds good, you aimed high so I'm aiming low :)

1. One leg stands - 5 set of 2 to 3 reps on each leg, holding each rep for 10 to 20 seconds. Work your way up to 2 to 3 sets
    2. Squats - hold for 5 seconds, and slowly raise yourself back up to a standing position. Repeat 10 times.
    3. Bird dog - 10 reps (1 rep equals 5 seconds for each arm/leg pair)
  • Soooze
    Options
    Faughorn! I'm going to have to google One Leg Stands (are these standing against a wall, raising 1 leg up and squatting?)
    and Bird Dog.. never heard of that one! Thanks!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    weighed myself at the gym today and am down 1lb... which is great...
    and EATING MY VEGETABLES lol as my challenge requires :P 9 this week I believe :P
    1) cauliflower
    2) asparagus
    3) turnips
    4) green beans
    5) celery
    four more to go :D hehe and made it to the gym today for 30 min in the recumbent bike :D

6)Tomatoes although technically they are a fruit?
    7)Lettuce
    8) Bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow)
    9)cabbage

as well I have been working out... re weighed myself and came in at 250 I read it wrong yesterday lol) :D so I guess eating well while not mobile worked out well for me YIPPEE I am SO MOTIVATED :D
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in: Lost 2.2 lbs this week which I am quite happy with since I was off my normal routine last weekend. My challenge is complete but really was already part of my normal routine. I completed 70 minutes of strength training 3 days this week and have had at least 2 servings of fruits or veggies each day. My assigned challenge partner has been great throughout the week leaving supportive comments on various days.

SW: 371 lbs
    Weight 1st week 10/14: 309.8 lbs:
    Weight 2nd week: 10/21: 303.8 lbs
    Weight 3rd week: 10/28: 301.6 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
    Jan 1st GW: 285 lbs

Weekly loss of: 2.2 lbs
    Total ABL loss: 8.2 lbs
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 145.5, which means I gained half a pound from last week. (I think my starting for the BL was 147, so I'm still down in weight overall).

I'm a bit annoyed, but I know that it's due to not eating healthy and eating over my calories. Booooo!

And for the challenge, I completed set 1 of my squats yesterday :)
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    I'm up this week. Trying to change my calorie intake up and work out more since I'm training to run more so I sorta expected a gain until my body gets used to it...still disappointing.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm also up...fell off the wagon a bit this week. However, I did complete my challenge of being diligent with my diary!
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Today is weigh-in. I guess because of the changes I have done with my food I wasn't going to see changes in me, Hopefully when I get to visit my Doc on tuesday, we can figure it out a way to boost my metabolism and change the food choices.

Weigh-in:
    SW: 185lbs
    Challenge Starting Weight: 178lbs
    10/21/11: 176lbs
    CW: 176lbs (10/28/11)
    UGW: 135-140lbs
    Goal Weight by January 1s: 150lb

melmccabe has been very supportive, even though the week is not done for me yet, I'll be doing some strength training tomorrow and having more non-starchy vegetables. It's hard having 2 servings per day because I cook my lunch after I get home from the gym and about to go to bed, so I'll try to compensate that by adding those 2 servings at lunch and dinner this weekend.

Hope you all get to have a wonderful weekend. :D
  • Soooze
    Options
    i didn't get to weigh in yesterday because i didn't go to work (i use a co-worker's scale she has in her office)
    i will do it first thing monday morning.

i had an ok week. although i have a cold, i worked out 3 of 5 days and i will go tomorrow. I completed my challenge from Faughorn.

i was pretty excited yesterday. i had a bit of time before leaving for work and decided to try a few pair of jeans/dress pants i had tucked in my closet and most of them fit! size 11-10, about 4 pair! i coudn't get the size 8-9 past my hips. i'm ok with that, i'm on my way! i don't recall fitting in size 8s. ever. would'nt it be great! wow! a nice xmas gift for sure!
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Blah. This week has been a bust... I'm just... ugh. I've been eating really badly, making terrible choices and not exercising. Today I started a 2 day water cleanse to get me back where I need to be (no need to worry... I'm not going to stave, fall into starvation mode or die from not eating for 2 days... believe me... my body is carrying more than enough jiggly fuel to carry my through) and then it's back to the pool every AM and the gym every afternoon!

SW - 327
    Challange SW - 319.6
    CW - 319.8
    Goal weight by Jan 1st - 275
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I will weight myself on Monday...however I completed my challenge,,,ate lots of fruits and a few vegetable...it was hard to eat broccoli and Sparragus, however corn was my best!!!! I'm done with vegetables!!!!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am up 0.5 lbs...but had lost a great chunk the past couple of weeks... is TOM as well so might be water retention...
    ankle is out again... but am getting in some milage on the recumbent bike :D

so my SW was 258
    my CW is 250.5
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    so up 2.4 this week, expected a little due to birthday festivities and just began my "woman weekly visit" This week is a new week!! :)
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    I will weight myself on Monday...however I completed my challenge,,,ate lots of fruits and a few vegetable...it was hard to eat broccoli and Sparragus, however corn was my best!!!! I'm done with vegetables!!!!

Great job!

I finished my squats yesterday and have decided I'm going to try to keep doing them every other day when I remember! It's one of those easy exercises to do when I'm standing around. Sets of 15 are quick and easy to do and will hopefully make me better at them so I hate them less :D
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Great job!

I finished my squats yesterday and have decided I'm going to try to keep doing them every other day when I remember! It's one of those easy exercises to do when I'm standing around. Sets of 15 are quick and easy to do and will hopefully make me better at them so I hate them less :D

Hi Kristi, happy you did the challenge and that are willing to conitnue doing them...I know i sort of have a hate/ove relationship with them too...