boobie question...!?

Options
okay...a head's up for a little TMI, but i'm going to ask anyways! so, i was about to go to bed last night, and i sleep naked. before i laid down, i did a little back stretch, kind of downward-dog-esque, and i got a good look at my boobs hanging down. they looked skinny and hangy! not like my boobs at all! i was very upset - i think i liked my boobs much better 15 pounds ago - are they going to stay like that? as i continue to lose weight will they start to look more boobie-ish again, or are they going to just look like...i don't know...arms or something. they don't look weird when i'm dressed or standing or any other time, but it actually kind of freaked me out. anyone have any boobie experience out there?

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight I got flat chested so I got implants.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Um, wow...this should be an interesting conversation. I don't know that I worry to much about how they look when I'm hunched over.
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my boobies are ruined from being so overweight and breast feeding, they do just hang there like empty yucky skin, its gross!!!sorry, but it is! i will be having surgery next april, and cant wait to feel like a woman again! everyones different though, yours may sort themselves out, so to speak, how much more weight do you want to loose?x
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is horrible! You poor thing!

I hope your breasts start to look better soon.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Um, wow...this should be an interesting conversation. I don't know that I worry to much about how they look when I'm hunched over.

Agreed...how did they look when you are standing up?
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

I'm thinking there are positions where that would happen......... Plus perspective matters :)

For the poster no way to know for sure. I've heard there are exercises that will boost the muscles behind your boobs that will help lift them. um its an arm movement, sit, put your arms hands up and close your arms in front of you. There are machines at the gym lol for that exercise :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ok this is the best post ever. TMI isn't an issue because i rotflmao when i read "arms or something". I could not have said it better. My boobs were fab too when i was chubbier and they are looking a lil uhm.. scarce in certain positions, let's just say lol. You can do some boobie-cises that are found on google or get some work done. Try the boobie-cises and if they don't work, get em done. Either way, good luck with your boobies girlie!!
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would bet there are some exercises you can do to help with that. Why don't you contact your local gym and ask.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Always better then being flat chested. Thats something that I hope I don't lose lol
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your boobies. You could always gain 15 pounds back and see what happens.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I'm getting mine next year :happy:
  • thecapillary
    Options
    Boobs are mostly fat, so when you do lose weight it's normal to lose fat there as well. Unfortunately the skin doesn't retract so they won't feel or look as full as when you had more fat on your body overall.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How about you don't do downward doggie without some support for the girls....or at least close your eyes. LOL I wouldn't worry about that too much. Of course they're going to be a little emptier as you lose weight...they are made up of a lot of fat (not totally obviously but mostly). Mine are not in the best shape b/c I've been pregnant 4x and nursed for over 6 years total! But they do somewhat recover (mine do). Depends on: age, genetics, etc....
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have definitely noticed that mine have gotten smaller since i lost weight too! it kinda sucks but i'd rather be thin and healthy than have big boobs
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I'm thinking there are positions where that would happen......... Plus perspective matters :)

For the poster no way to know for sure. I've heard there are exercises that will boost the muscles behind your boobs that will help lift them. um its an arm movement, sit, put your arms hands up and close your arms in front of you. There are machines at the gym lol for that exercise :)

You are absolutely right about the positions and perspectives, but again, from my perspective when in those positions, I'm not focused on how they look.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Boobs are for kids.
    Good job with the weight loss.
  • ronniekh
    Options
    If you're doing plenty of chest work outs and such, then your boobs shouldn't be flabby or arm-ish. You have to do the proper strength exercises to keep them perky and awake! :) Hope this helps.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I must I must I must inflate my bust!!!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    there was a Golden Girls episode about this. As you age, there will be 'positions' you want to avoid. LOL -
    try standing on your head ...

and btw - a large chest is HIGHLY over-rated - Nothing is scarier than an old lady with huge knockers
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Personally I have had a lot of success with reducing the post weight-loss, post-nursing sag by doing a lot of core work - specifically I do the P90X ab ripper workout at least twice a week as well as doing Turbo Fire.