Breakfast Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Lately I've noticed that eating a big breakfast makes me sneezy and sniffly (it's the strangest "full" mechanism), so I've been making an english muffin with peanut or almond butter, or else a protein shake. I have a mid-morning snack within a couple of hours so I don't get too hungry. Breakfast comes in between 200-300 with a cup of coffee.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i usually keep breakfast under 200 calories - it's easier for me to keep on track if I save calories for dinner

Agree - 150 to 200 cal breakfasts for me, need the cals at the end of the day.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my beast meal. 1500 calories (ish)
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat less than 200 cals for breakfast. Usually I have a packet of instant oatmeal. Or cereal with almond milk. Occasionally PB and toast.
  • lalasmar
    lalasmar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never used to want to eat breakfast and always said that I wasnt hungry in the morning but I notice that when I eat a filling breakfast, I am less hungry all day. It took a little while of almost forcing myself to eat something before taking my kids to school. Now, I look forward to breakfast everyday. I usually eat only about 300-400 calories, but it consists of egg white omlette with cheese and some veggies, oatmeal with some berries or apple fruit and a few cups of water. I also make an egg sandwich with fiber one english muffins, a whole egg and provolone. That is so good!

There are so many options for a good, healthy breakfast. I try to include as much protein as possible so that I will stay full until lunch. Most of the things that I make dont take much time.

Greek yogurt with Fruit
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    egg white omelette with cheese and veggies
    english muffin sandwich
    oatmeal
    whole grain cream of wheat
    Kashi cereal - Cinnamon Harvest is my favorite
    scrambled egg "pizza" on a whole wheat tortilla
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    0. I don't eat breakfast. I'm not hungry in the morning, and I prefer to save my calories so I can have a more satisfying lunch and/or dinner. Forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry would be totally counter productive.

For lunch it'll usually be around the 500-600 calorie mark, and dinner will be around the 800-1000. For snacks, it depends greatly on the day. Some days I might not have any snacks, some days I might have 400 calories of snacks spread through the day. It depends how hungry I am, and how busy my day is.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Matt...think about trying to eat just a little something for a week and see if you notice any changes. It starts your metabolism and gives you energy for your day! Just saw a study of people that were able to maintain weightless...they all ate breakfast. :)
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Matt...think about trying to eat just a little something for a week and see if you notice any changes. It starts your metabolism and gives you energy for your day! Just saw a study of people that were able to maintain weightless...they all ate breakfast. :)

It is a myth that is speeds up your metabolism. It takes days for even small changes to your metabolism to occur, and weeks for anything significant. The reason that breakfasts are beneficial to weight loss is because it fills people up for the morning and helps prevent snacking through the morning. I don't have an issue with snacking in the morning. I don't usually feel hungry until about 11am, when I usually have a piece of fruit to keep me going until lunch. Eating breakfast wouldn't help me at all.
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options

It is a myth that is speeds up your metabolism. It takes days for even small changes to your metabolism to occur, and weeks for anything significant. The reason that breakfasts are beneficial to weight loss is because it fills people up for the morning and helps prevent snacking through the morning. I don't have an issue with snacking in the morning. I don't usually feel hungry until about 11am, when I usually have a piece of fruit to keep me going until lunch. Eating breakfast wouldn't help me at all.

agreed. i hardly eat breakfast, and if i do it's a small fiber bar. i've lost 80+ lbs this way .. just have to find what works for you individually.