I felt like throwing my food on his plate...............

Options

Replies

• lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians should be grateful that there are meat eaters around to continue the existence of farm animals.
    Grr there so stupid it angers me!!

WOW

*facepalm*

Well obviously they would still be alive for dairy.. etc..
    but i mean things like pigs..
    if we didnt eat meat then they would have no reason to be bread.

I'm confused. Meat is bread?
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Huh??? I think you had a point here, maybe.

Lol reading it back myself i get a little lost in what i was trying to say..
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Meat is bread?

You know i meant bred.
    I just wasnt paying enough attention.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    There are zealots everywhere........I think you should have held him down and spoon-fed him from your plate, but that's just me.

But you seem like a nice guy, so I guess you wouldn't have really wanted to start a fight by saying that you suppose sexy time must be really boring if his wife doesn't like meat.

lmfao i agree
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I probably would have told him that lots of animals get eaten without having a choice about it. That's how nature works, animals eat other animals all the time. Sure, our farming system is screwed up but me not eating a steak isn't going to fix that.
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The other guy sounds like a real jerk but you handled it brilliantly. Wonder how his wife was feeling?

Kathy
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER told someone that they shouldn't eat meat. It's their choice.

However, many, many times meat eaters have made fun of me for choosing to not eat meat. One place I worked, I was given grief DAILY about my lack of animal products in my lunch.

I'm sorry the OP met a vocal animal rights activist. However, since I've been harassed so much about what my food choices are, I'd say consider yourself really lucky it has only happened to you once.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Souns like MFP IRL - too bad there weren't any moderators. :laugh:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, my husband isn't... we make it work... I agree it is about respect, and that man had none... honor yourself and your body with your needs... his Karma will be effected by it in the end... you are in the right...

Exactly. . my brother's wife is a vegetarian and he isn't and they do just fine. . .@OP. . you handled that very tactfully. . Good for you.
  • ewejewel
    ewejewel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If he felt that strongly about what the menu at this party was, he should have directed it to the host...not the other guests....He had a choice to attend a function that opposed his beliefs...I am a peco/pollo vegetarian but I don't push my views on other people. I think this person must just like to stir up trouble and those kinds of people are everywhere...kind of hard to avoid...but easier to ignore.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :drinker: People are passionate about their food. You see it on here all the time.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Rude and kind of stupid to think that would get you to cross over to the veg side. He sounds like an idiot.
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    See..that would be a hard on for me cause i hate when people wont leave stuff alone.. You handled it wayy better than I would have. People like that aggrivate me..Good job
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would have told him my dream is to work for Lady Gaga just so I could maybe borrow her meat dress sometime..:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    It really angers me when people can't respect other people's choices. I think it's absolutely awful when people consider the other option the wrong option. There is no right or wrong. There are arguments for and against eating meat, both valid, and ultimately it is personal choice and you should not have to justify it to anyone. Much like any other lifestyle choice people choose to make. I just wish some people could learn to be more accepting of each other's differences.

Sounds like you handled him really well though, walking away was definitely the best thing to do! The last thing you'd want to do would be to stoop to his level.
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    W@W those guys sounded crazy O___o Im sorry you had to go through that~!

I think you handled it very maturely btw
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There are zealots everywhere........I think you should have held him down and spoon-fed him from your plate, but that's just me.

But you seem like a nice guy, so I guess you wouldn't have really wanted to start a fight by saying that you suppose sexy time must be really boring if his wife doesn't like meat.
    :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I of course don't know this couple at all. But I can guarantee you they don't have many friends, the wife hates her husband and is sleeping around on him. With a guy who eats meat.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Did he happen to have a leather belt & shoes on? A leather wallet in his pocket? Or was it natural polyvinyl?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I would have picked apart his food as well. Potato salad has eggs in it, what were the chips cooked in? Did he eat jello? Cake? Cookies? Pudding? Made with animal parts. Unless your vegan, 70% of what you eat means that a animal has some part in what your eating.