What do you really think of girls with short hair?

Options

Replies

• thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did have hair down to my waist but had to chop it up to my shoulders because most of it was dead. Since then, my hair has hardly grown. I keep hoping & hoping but nothing happens. Thinking of giving up to be honest. Right now it's just past my jaw line. I was thinking of maybe giving up & getting a really nice shorter hair cut but I'm useless with styling hair. Short hair doesn't look good on me unless I make the effort. I have a square shaped face with define cheekbones.

square face is a definite bad idea for a super short cut. you see, if your hair is at your jaw-line it frames the face more and makes it looks slimmer. if you get your hair cut super short it will figuratively make you look like your head is a box by highlighting the square jawline.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    I cut all mine off in January. It was alright, but I didn't love it. Don't regret doing it. I like just where it is know, chin length. This is my husband's favorite length on me as well.

Here's a picture at it's shortest:
    IMAG0069-1.jpg

now you suit it, not many do, i dont like it on myself. id prefer not to ever have short hair
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I <3 girls w/short hair.. !
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love girls with short hair! I love my hair short even if it is a little more maintenance. I wish I had a picture of when mine was short. Im growing it out now. My hair grows so fast I pretty much do whatever I want with it
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    I did have hair down to my waist but had to chop it up to my shoulders because most of it was dead. Since then, my hair has hardly grown. I keep hoping & hoping but nothing happens. Thinking of giving up to be honest. Right now it's just past my jaw line. I was thinking of maybe giving up & getting a really nice shorter hair cut but I'm useless with styling hair. Short hair doesn't look good on me unless I make the effort. I have a square shaped face with define cheekbones.

square face is a definite bad idea for a super short cut. you see, if your hair is at your jaw-line it frames the face more and makes it looks slimmer. if you get your hair cut super short it will figuratively make you look like your head is a box by highlighting the square jawline.

Thanks for the tips. My hairdresser said I'm one of those lucky few who can pull off any length because of my facial structure. I'm looking at face layouts now, it seems I'm a square head with a pointy chin haha.
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    some people really suit short here .. for me i can not i look like a boy it is terrible so i just wont go there.. yet my friend she has short hair and looks fantastic..
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I love my short hair.....and it's been shorter
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I wish I could rock short hair but I feel my face is far too round. Maybe when I get closer to my goal. ;) Rachel, I love your look with short hair in that pic - you can totally pull it off.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I loved loved loved my short hair!!! I changed the color a few times and I just loved it. I am growing my hair out long right now since I have never really had it below my shoulders, then I plan to go back to this hair cut and just cut it all off eventually =).
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    <--- I think I pull it off pretty damn well. ;)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I cut all mine off in January. It was alright, but I didn't love it. Don't regret doing it. I like just where it is know, chin length. This is my husband's favorite length on me as well.

IMAG0069-1.jpg

LOVE it!!
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just got my hair cut short short a couple days ago and I am loving it so far, I have super thick hair so it feels so much lighter, it is also so much easier to take care of instead of each throwing it back in a headband, with very little effort it is styled for the day, plus I have a two year old so super quick to do. No regrets so far!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    love short hair, guts to wear it. Too difficult to find someone who can cut it right.

Short and curly is a true challenge when finding the right person to cut it! I've been lucky to find an awesome gal. If she's moves out of state again, I'm going to hunt her down and... well I don't know... but we gals get serious out our locks!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

IMAG0069-1.jpg

Ahh, its super cute short! Great look on you!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    love short hair, guts to wear it. Too difficult to find someone who can cut it right.

You know, I still haven't found someone who cuts it EXACTLY how I want it. I'm still searching.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    <--- I think I pull it off pretty damn well. ;)

Damn straight you do.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Hair is just hair... Be thankful that you have it :heart:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I literally JUST went short like 2 weeks ago and LOVE it! I've gotten a lot of compliments!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have short hair! (This is obviously a wig, LOL) and I love it!

I always admire my fellow short hair ladies. It's like a club, I assume much like men with mustaches. :laugh:

It has definately given me more confidence, no hair to hide behind. Also, I have always wanted to do it, and so when I actually finally did the chop, I was so proud of myself for doing something so bold and not caring about what anyone else thought.

I love it!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Love it!
    wish I could just cut mine right now with an electric razor! (srsly)