October 2011-No late night/wise choice snacking

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 18* ~ LNS: 7

ZaZa-You have some great ideas :smile:

Another idea, maybe we can just approach it like this group and see how many days in the month we can go without eating sweets.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 16* - LNS: 8 (I think)

I HAVE to take this more seriously... the pounds have started to pile up :grumble:

:frown:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    we could specify that sweets cannot exceed 100 calories each or maybe put a weekly maximum of 300 calories.
    Zaza

I thought of the same, actually.

On the whole, though, I would like to keep things flexible: everyone should come up with their own rule. Bottom line, we fight the :mad:, each in our own way. Maybe I should post the topic in the next couple of days, to give people time to set their goals and think of plans on how to achieve them. Let's make this work! :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 16
    LNS - 10*

Binged and didn't even enjoy it. Feel it definitely this morning in my belly. It's losing it's appeal. Getting back on track.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Another idea, maybe we can just approach it like this group and see how many days in the month we can go without eating sweets.

I like this idea.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    loveme445, I like your idea of seeing how many days in the month we can go without eating sweets. It's simple to follow - no counting calories and gives incentive not to eat sweets. Great idea! :flowerforyou:

lulabellewoowoo, I can relate to binging. I don't know why but I have had the worst craving for chocolate. Too embarrassed to confess all that I consumed last night while my husband wasn't looking. :blushing: I really do feel like I have some addiction. This no sweets challenge is sounding better and better.

dewdrop, hang in there, you know you can do this. You've made great progress. This month is almost over and I expect to see you beat LNS badly in Nov!

Me: 20
    LNS: 6

Zaza
  • kris3800
    Options
    That is me - exactly. I do so good all day - even try to work in exercise and then I have a big bowl of ice cream right before i go to bed. I have been doing a little better tately. I started working on my Cricut or playing a game on the computer just to keep my hands busy. Great support group this is. I would love to join! Is LNS - late night snack? what does the number mean - how many days without? What is ME? Count me in - I feel so bloated and sfiff lately - something has got to change. I started a new goal today - to move in some way - either pilates - walking - or go to the gym and do the Elipitcal stepper. Good Luck!:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 20* ~ LNS: 7
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 16
    LNS - 11*

I'm going to spend this weekend trying to see if I can go without sweets just as my own personal challenge before November starts. But also to note how many times in a day or weekend I get offered or am tempted to have those little goodies. Here goes...
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Oh, boy! I am SO going downhill...

Me: 16 - LNS: 10* (and counting.... :sad:)

Meanwhile, I have good news (I hope): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/379800-let-s-go-sugar-free . Waiting for your presence and support and ideas :smile:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 16
    LNS - 12*

Like you Dew, I am holding on by my fingernails. I'll be glad when this month is over and I get a fresh start. See you on the "no sweets" thread.
  • zaza54
    Options
    kris3800, welcome to the challenge! The ME referes to how many nights we stick to the challenge of no late night snacking.

I didn't post yesterday since I was rushing off to teach 3rd gr (I sub on occasion). So, here's my latest:

Me: 22

You have no idea how this challenge is helping to keep me from cheating more than I already do! This really works!!
    Be good this week-end, especially if you're stocked w/candy for Halloween.
    Zaza
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 20 ~ LNS: 8*
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me: 23

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
    Zaza
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 21 ~ LNS: 8*

ZaZa-You are doing great!
  • clarissa08
    clarissa08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have good news and bad news, I got very ill last week therefore I did not take the few minutes to log what I had eaten or worked out. However, I do have good news, since I was so sick I am still going strong with my late night snacking. I am not sure the last day I posted was, however I know I have not eaten any late snackies therefore I still have only 2 nights where the LNS has conquered me! I also lost a lb even though like I said I did not watch my calorie intake and did not work out for a few days. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week begins for me, therefore back to the grind!
  • clarissa08
    clarissa08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Also, an idea for the "no-sweet" challenge. What about a "swap a sweet" challenge. Every time you find yourself craving say some left over halloween candy, instead of that oh so delicious king size candy bar, what about apple slices with some nutella? Still get the sweet but not as unhealthy?
  • loveme445
    Options
    Clarissa~Glad you're feeling better! :flowerforyou:

Me: 22* ~ LNS: 8
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 17*
    LNS - 13

You win some, you lose some. One more day....
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me: 24

Have really gotten into the no late night snack groove. Maybe I'll even have a perfect record for Nov!!!:wink:

clarissa, glad you're feeling better.:flowerforyou:

Happy Halloween everyone!!
    Zaza