November Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today you get a new 24 hours tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, and people come and go. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeting little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong more than 12 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

Replies

• misstanyamarie
    misstanyamarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi...My name is Tanya. I am 31, with PCOS. Trying to lose weight, improve my fertility and lifestyle.
    I need help and motivation. I've lost 10 pounds since June.
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Francia. My life is so busy, that all I can do is track one day at a time. Today I would liek to get back on track and get in a workout. See you tomorrow.
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    My names codey and since my jurney here i went up to 341 and not im back at 333 some times i waver a bit from my diet but i want to keep myself back on track
  • brimir
    brimir Posts: 72
    Options
    what a fantastic idea!

I'm Miranda and I'm 28. I have a 15 month old daughter who keeps me very busy. I've got PCOS and microscopic Colitis AND if that's not enough Asthma.... good times!

I would like to stay with in my caloric target for today, as well, not go crazy at the bake sale we have going on at work, and I would like to have 20 minutes of working out tonite. (if more, then awesome!)

See you tomorrow!! :) Enjoy your day!
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    This so sounds like something I want to do.

My names Marzena. I have gained a lot of weight when my mother passed away in '08. Then I lost about 60lbs. (yay). But within maybe the last year, I have gradually gained a lot back. :/ So went from 236 to about 175 which was my lowest ever, now back to about 210 :/

I work, go to school, plus household activites. seems theres no time or "want" to do anything.

I need some serious motivation and get my dedication back into this.
    I used to workout like a fiend for 2 hrs a day, an hr and a half of cardio alone. Now I can barely jog half a mile :/

Would love to join this group!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this awesome challenge & my name is Chris, I'm a dedicated mom & wife. For years I have neglected myself but now that I am over 40, I realize that the better I am, the better mom & wife I am!

" Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day."
    Wow!! Now I am accountable! 3 goals for today only?? To get a handle on housework, to REST my feet & to talk to my son about his horrible study habits WITH my husband.

I am looking forward to this challenge and I appreciate that you are opening it up to us new folk!
  • majoca
    majoca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great post, always loved the idea of taking one day at a time and I'll happily join in if I may :o)

I'm new to MFP (4 weeks in) but have recently reached my goal with WW after losing 95lbs and BMI of 24.5 and now I'm officially on maintenance. I've decided to lose another 5-10lbs by double tracking with MFP and see how this feels along the way, to get a bit of wiggle room and make my size 10 jeans fit a bit more comfortably (no intention to slim down any further and I haven't set a time scale either), but mainly I want to tone up my arms and belly.

I'm very active, run about 3 times per week, 2 high intensity step classes and Zumba on top of that, all very cardio heavy and I'm neglecting the toning side of things so this is my main aim.

I'm away with work a lot and hotel dinners tend to be a big challenge but over the past few months I've learned to deal with it fairly well but it's hard work not to slip into old ways.

As I'm staying in a hotel the next two nights I pledge to make a good and healthy choice at dinner and do some toning exercise in the hotel room, both belly and arms :o)

Looking forward to reading everyone else's stories and getting to know everyone :o)
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    I'm Angel, I'm a 21 year old that lives on the gorgeous beach of Daytona.
    I started dieting and exercising because i want to not only look better, but conceive a baby with my husband to be, We've been trying for 3 years.
    My weight has always been a struggle - lifetime low is 130, lifetime high is 248 - i am now down to 208. Goal weight is 150.
    This is something I would love to do.
    So I'm under the weather today so my only goal will be to stick to 1,300 calories as i am not exercising today and need to rest!
    Tomorrow, if I'm feeling better I will make my goals:
    - To be under my calorie limit
    - To do 60 minutes/ cardio/ treadmill and burn 400 cal.
    - Weigh in and pray it's 207 or lower. (haven't weighed in 4 days!)

Also, Please feel free to add me if you see some similarities between us, I most definitely need all the motivation I can get!
    Thank you :-)
  • katland15
    Options
    Just what I need! My name is Kat, I am 40 years old, and a 32 year type 1 diabetic. Today my goals are to get through the day without wanting to chew my arm off, to limit my diet soda intake, and to not hurt anybody....... I can do this!!!!!
    :laugh:
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    This could not have come at a better time! This coming week is too busy!!

My name is Amy. I'm 39 and a single mom to a very busy 18mo old boy. This week is nuts between work and outside obligations and I feel very off kilter already, so a daily goal sounds awesome!!
    1. Not to fret about going over my calories today but to be reasonable and log EVERYTHING (going away party at work, halloween party at daycare, candy temptations).
    2. Enjoy trick or treating w/ my son (will be the only exercise I get today unfortunately).
    3. Drink lots of water.

Not very ambitious, but it's only for a day and if I can make that I'm set for tomorrow!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome and bless you all on this journey and on the personal goals and health issues that you will overcome as you beat the battle of mind over matter! This is a great group of people and you will find them to encourage each step whether it be good or bad.

Goals for November1

1. Last day of this extra snacking I have been doing
    2. WATER WATER WATER been saying have not been getting it done
    3. Carb and calorie count under numbers
    4. Log it and admit it

Have a blessed day and good luck on your goals

Shanae`
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    So I'm under the weather today so my only goal will be to stick to 1,300 calories as i am not exercising today and need to rest!
    Tomorrow, if I'm feeling better I will make my goals:
    - To be under my calorie limit
    - To do 60 minutes/ cardio/ treadmill and burn 400 cal.
    - Weigh in and pray it's 207 or lower. (haven't weighed in 4 days!)

11/1 update- I was 200 under my calorie goal!
    Todays goals -To be under my calorie limit for the day
    - 60 min/cardio/treadmill (if i can handle it, im still sick)
    - weighed in. 206.4 :-)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Goals for October 31:
    1. Water!!! --Yes.
    2. Stay in my calorie range (1800 average).--Pretty close but over.
    3. 30 minute walk AM and PM.--Yes and yes.

What a day yesterday was! She wasn't really ready to move but we did get it done finally. She is in a better place so that's good. I just wish more of her stuff had been packed!

Welcome to all our new members! I am Kathy and I am currently unemployed and need to get back on track.
    After losing close to 100 pounds I put 25 back on and now have about 50-60 to lose. UGH!!! I KNOW I can do it--its just that I seem to have lost the WILL to do it. (I need the WANT back, one of you mentioned that!)
    I, too, used to work out for 1-2 hours a day but now I seem to have trouble getting in a 30 minute walk so I am trying to at least add another walk in the evening to my daily routine.

You will notice that my goals don't change a lot--that's because I am concentrating on creating new habits. It worked before but I let everything go due to depression. I WILL do it again!

I share a house with 2 of my adult children--my 23 year old son Patrick and my 22 year old daughter Mary and her family (partner, Matt and baby, Isaac). I have another daughter, Jenny, 22, who lives and goes to school in San Antonio, TX. I miss her a lot.

Goals for November 1:
    1. Stay in my calorie goal.
    2. HEALTHY food choices!
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I was MIA last month, it was kinda crazy. Seemed like I had a lot going, then I fell off for a bit, then got back on, then had some "stress" pop in, and then I got sick. But now i'm here and I'm hoping to do better this month!

Since we have so many new faces, I will introduce myself.

My name is Barb, I'm 28 years old, and I've been here close to 3 years and I have lost almost 60 lbs since starting my journey. I"m a SAHM and I have 2 kids, a 18 month old boy and a 7 year old daughter. I'm so close to my goal, its driving me nuts. I'm about 30 lbs away.

Goals for Nov. 1

1. Clean bedroom
    2. No more soda *already had 2*
    3. Workout for 30 mins this evening
  • majoca
    majoca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Creating new habits, I'm all up for that. Have created a lot over the past two years but could certainly do with some more :o)

I made fab choices at dinner tonight even if I do say so myself, and I've done a Zumba session in the hotel followed by push ups and crunches, so I'm well chuffed with myself.

Pledges for 2nd November, drink more water (didn't drink as much as I should have today), move heaven and earth to be back in time for my favourite step class tomorrow night (have to drive back 110 miles from the seminar place so a lot unfortunately depends on when we finish and the traffic) and stay within my net calories for the day, step or no step (another incentive to move heaven and earth to get there, lol)

Hope everyone else is getting on well with their daily challenges!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I was MIA last month, it was kinda crazy. Seemed like I had a lot going, then I fell off for a bit, then got back on, then had some "stress" pop in, and then I got sick. But now i'm here and I'm hoping to do better this month!

Since we have so many new faces, I will introduce myself.

My name is Barb, I'm 28 years old, and I've been here close to 3 years and I have lost almost 60 lbs since starting my journey. I"m a SAHM and I have 2 kids, a 18 month old boy and a 7 year old daughter. I'm so close to my goal, its driving me nuts. I'm about 30 lbs away.

Goals for Nov. 1

1. Clean bedroom-got it half way done
    2. No more soda *already had 2*-Yes!
    3. Workout for 30 mins this evening-No :frown:

Goals for Nov. 2
    1. Work out at gym or walk at home dvd
    2. Finish bedroom
    3 Make better food choices
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    " Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day."

Yesterday my 3 goals were: T
    1. get a handle on housework,(DONE!)
    2. to REST my feet (DONE!)
    3. to talk to my son about his horrible study habits WITH my husband.(DONE!)

Wow! I actually reached all 3 of these goals!

Today my 3 goals were:
    1. keep my house clean (DONE!)
    2. go to lunch with my husband & keep it under calorie (DONE!)
    3. Talk over our "talk" with our son.(DONES!)

I really hope to post first thing in the morning & set my goals for the day!!
    Hope everyone else did well!!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome and bless you all on this journey and on the personal goals and health issues that you will overcome as you beat the battle of mind over matter! This is a great group of people and you will find them to encourage each step whether it be good or bad.

Goals for November1

1. Last day of this extra snacking I have been doing - Today is day one
    2. WATER WATER WATER been saying have not been getting it done - DONE YES
    3. Carb and calorie count under numbers- YES
    4. Log it and admit it -YES

November 2 Goals (Goals are going to run the same as another stated to get the habits in place)

1. Workout once a day (currently doing the Biggest Loser Circut Training Workout)
    2. WATER WATER WATER
    3. Carbs and Calories UNDER NUMBERS (I love carbs they are my issue)
    4. Log it and admit it!

Have a blessed day and good luck on your goals

Shanae`
  • lstnlondry
    Options

Yesterday my 3 goals were:
    1. keep my house clean (DONE!)
    2. go to lunch with my husband & keep it under calorie (DONE!)
    3. Talk over our "talk" with our son.(DONES!)

Wow! I actually reached all 3 of these goals!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. get my dog to the dogpark after a long hike so she can be social-when she doesn't even want to be there!
    2. to spend quality time wtih my husband before he goes back to work.
    3. to really really really try & make progress on my weightloss & stop eating latenight!

I really hope to post first thing in the morning & set my goals for the day!!
    Hope everyone else did well!!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Beth, people on here tend to call me Beth, or Ravyn, or Rav. I don't realy care what ya call me:) I'm currently staying at my current weight no matter what I do so I've become a maintainer until my doctor figures out what all we are going to do about that. I'm still watching what I eat and exercising when I can. I'm just not losing any weight. I have a thyroid problem, it doesn't produce enough and the meds still aren't realy helping. I'm a SAHM of 2 though I am currently looking to get back into the work force. Its not easy looking for work in this economy but I'm out there and trying.

Goals for today are
    Laundry
    dye my hair
    get nails done (gotta keep things looking nice since I'm looking for work)

Hope you all have a great day!!