Skinny Minnie by Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What's a burpee ????

Do you watch the biggest loser? It's like one of the most hated workouts. Basically you start standing up, crouch down like a frog, jump back into a push up/plank position, jump back to a frog then stand back up. If that doesn't make sense I'm sure there are youtube videos on it
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Uhggg... so, I'm up a lb to 205.2.. GRRRRR, Idk if it's about time for auntie flo, or what, but I am really having an issue with my food intake this past week..
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    What's holding me back? Well, I used to make a lot of excuses why I couldn't exercise. I'm busy - yeah - who isn't? I have young kids - yup - and they need me to be an example. I'm tired - duh - because I'm busy and have two kids! The list goes on. Since joining the gym in August, I not only haven't skipped a class, I've actually up'd my visits from 3 to 4. It's hard to be away from my family for another hour (I work outside the home long days M-Th) but it's ME time. I do deserve it and in the end, my family needs me to do this, too. (They just don't know it yet because my kids are still little.) My husband, while supportive of my changes, hasn't changed much so that is still tough. But I simply eat a smaller portion or don't indulge. I've learned that I'm not going to deprive myself of something; but I will have only a taste or a small portion. This isn't a diet; it really has to be a change for the long haul to be successful.

What will it be like when I reach my goal - hopefully a culmination of the good feelings I experience each time the scale moves, or my clothes fit differently, or someone notices my loss. I hope to not allow myself to get complacent when I get to goal; that I continue to stay actively in maintenance. I don't want to do this again, LOL!

Favorite good foods - jicama, 90 cal Fiber One bars, protein shakes. I am really enjoying the protein powders I have picked up. They are pretty tasty and loaded with protein. My kiddos also like them!

Good luck everyone - let's have a great week.

Happy Halloween!
    Daisy
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been missing in action for over a week- on a 10 day business and family trip to Chicago-and I didn't have access to a scale on Saturday to weigh in- I am sorry I let my group down! I am just happy to have maintained while eating out so much. The good news is we walked everywhere so I probably logged at least 2-3 miles a day, maybe more. Back on track today, November 1- I am starting the 30 Day Shred- have any of you done that? I came home with a cold so I think the first couple days may be a bit rough. If you have helpful hints let me know.

What is/was holding me back?
    What will it be like WHEN I reach my final goal?
    What is your favorite healthy/ good for you food?

Good questions! I have always been a pretty stable weight until about 5 years ago when my husband died unexpectedly. I think I just thought it would be easy to lose the extra pounds because it always had been before. I love to cook and I really don't like to exercise- a bad combination. I had to et my head around the idea of slower weight loss and serious portion control. MFP has really helped me focus on the actual calorie intake and the relationship between what I choose to eat and the exercise I do (don't do). I have so often gotten really discouraged and just given up- only to start over again on some "new" plan a few months later. I hold MYSELF back because of those bad habits, and I am inspired by all of you who stick with it and are really changing your life by eating well and losing weight. When I reach my goal I know I wil look and feel much healthier, and I will be much more conscious of eating well and living well- AND- I will fit into my Armani suit again! :wink: My very favorite healthy food is soup-you can make all different kinds and keep the calories down to under 300 per serving. In the summer I love Gazpacho, in the fall it is great to eat squash soup and in the winter I have a wonderful chili recipe that really warms you up. and of course, the anytime wonder soup, chicken noodle. I have a Chicken and vegetable soup I got years ago from WW magazine that is low fat, and full of veggies and has a tremendous taste. You can add noodles or rice, but you don't really need to. Have a great week everyone- I am back on track for the long haul!!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I'm sooo excited. I loved being a gym rat today. I went to the 5:45 cardio kickboxing class then stayed for the 7:15 Zumba class right after. I had so much fun and can't imagine how many calories I burned! I can not find calories for the kickboxing class anywhere!

I pray my body will forgive me for the 2 hours today by being nice on the scale and not getting too sore.

I want this Onederland so bad I can almost taste it!!!

Angel
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

ME!!! I have been soooo stressed with school and work...and now I am sick with lyme disease!! All of my joints hurt and when I exercise I am in so much pain ): I am trying to at least eat better but even that isn't really working! I have been eating wayyy too many carbs ): ):

RELIEF! I will finally not be in this sluggish body and won't feel out of breath every time I walk up the hill to get to my campus.

Fresh fruits and veggies! For this season, apples are my fave !

I am literally running out the door to get to work right now so I will weigh myself later today when I get back! Good luck everyone!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Holding steady with the weight this week: 192.

I kinda figured after the big loss last week, that I would slow down for a week or two. I am ok with it:) It will kick back in this coming week, I know.
  • allygree
    Options
    maintained this week. Happy but wish I would have lost :)
  • allygree
    Options
    I would my in ability to stay away from SNACKS. I do agree that you should eat smaller portions and eat more often. But I often get caught up in snacking. Also, I haven't been as true to MFP because it's free and I don't feel guilty when I don't log on. When I did WW I was paying and I am too cheap to let something I pay for go to waste.

I will wear what I want and feel totally comfortable!

I love healthy foods. I love asparagus and could eat it all the time.
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    205lbs this week. 1.6lb loss. I'm guessing it would have been more if I wasn't sick all week but for being sick I think that is a GREAT #. :)
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I did not make my weight AGAIN- at 154- and I can't seem to get the scale to move from there. My measurements are better- and I started the 30 DS so perhaps next week will be better!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    205.6! Woooo Hooooo!

The next 6 lbs can't come off fast enough! I will be over the moon happy!

I'm sorry I haven't been doing the physical challenges, but I have been challenging myself. I've worked out about 10 hours this week.

Angel
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    Options
    well i didnt make it but im ok 290
  • Setienne
    Options
    Just joined the site would have love to be apart of this
  • sandrahg
    sandrahg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight stayed the same 221 pounds which is good, at least there was no gain. I'm going to have to schedule time to get the walking done. I seem to always have an excuse. This week I walked about 9 miles because my car broke down. LOL! I got the car fixed yesterday so I will figure out a plan to get the walking done.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    175 today! Happy about this!
  • lorimur
    Options
    another week at the same weight !!!....

I started back playing golf on Saturday and am away from Weds for 2 weeks on a business trip so not sure when or if i will be able to next weigh myself but will at least try to up my calories to cover the extra activities..(golf etc).

So...catch up soon !!
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    my weight stayed the same :P i guess thats better than gaining!
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    Options
    i scared myself when i stepped on the scale today it was 288!!!! i had to zero it and weigh again!! going in the right direction .....OOOOOOORAH:bigsmile:
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Members,

I wanted to direct your attention to this post about migrating your challenge thread into a Group using our newly debuted Group feature.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390510-support-groups-challenges-please-migrate-to-groups

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I think you'll find that transitioning your thread to an official Group is a major upgrade in terms of your ability to interact with each other.

Since your challenge ends in December, it's not critical that you form a Group while we're transitioning challenge threads to Groups, but there are great features there you might want to take advantage of.

Thanks!
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff